1st Trimester

Help! I am getting tortured!

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I am 9 weeks pregnant with baby no2 and I suffer from severe nausea with vomiting. I did experience nausea to some degree with my first pregnancy but I could control it with simple home remedies. This time around, NOTHING have worked. I've been to my doctor who prescribed me some drugs which did help me from throwing up but the nausea was still standing strong and unfortunately I had to stop taking the drugs as they made me too drowsy- I was a vegetable on the sofa. It all started around week 5 and have gradually gotten worse. This illness has taken over my life, completely! I can't do anything, everything makes me sick - food, smells and even my own thoughts. I wake up in the morning depressed and anxious and I am stressed over how much suffering I will have to go through in the day, best way to describe it is torture! I need help I am desperate. 

Re: Help! I am getting tortured!

• mx08100 said:
    Any advice would be very much appreciated. I am 9 weeks pregnant with baby no2 and I suffer from severe nausea with vomiting. I did experience nausea to some degree with my first pregnancy but I could control it with simple home remedies. This time around, NOTHING have worked. I've been to my doctor who prescribed me some drugs which did help me from throwing up but the nausea was still standing strong and unfortunately I had to stop taking the drugs as they made me too drowsy- I was a vegetable on the sofa. It all started around week 5 and have gradually gotten worse. This illness has taken over my life, completely! I can't do anything, everything makes me sick - food, smells and even my own thoughts. I wake up in the morning depressed and anxious and I am stressed over how much suffering I will have to go through in the day, best way to describe it is torture! I need help I am desperate. 
    1. Welcome to your first trimester. Nausea and vomiting usually go hand in hand with the 1st Trimester. Just because you could control it with your first doesn't mean the 2nd (your current) pregnancy will be the same.

2. It stinks the medication your doctor gave you the 1st time didn't work for you. I would talk to your doctor about different medication options but you'll have to just grin and make it through for the most part.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm sorry that you are having a rough time. If you search, "nausea help" on first tri, you will get about a bazillion results. Maybe reading through some of those will yield something to help your specific situation. H&H9. :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I will just have to ride it out. It is very difficult though
  • mx08100 said:
    I guess I will just have to ride it out. It is very difficult though
    So is RLP, not being able to tie shoes as easily, sleeping later in the pregnancy....... etc
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• If you aren't able to keep food or fluids down then you could have hyperemesis gravida, which is a serious medical condition women can get during pregnancy. Are you able to keep fluids down and at least some food? If not and the medication was helping you do so, then it's probably worth taking the medicine (even if it means being a zombie) 

im sorry you are suffering so much, hopefully you find something that helps. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker