Pregnant after IF
Options

When did you stop progesterone/oestrogen after FET?

Hello ladies, I'm 8 weeks pregnant after my first ever FET but am suffering from massive nausea (so bad I feel like I can't drag myself out of bed) not only in the mornings but literally 24/7, strong heartburn and insomnia (haven't gotten more than 3hrs of sleep on average for the past two/three weeks). In my first pregnancy I also had all these symptoms, but to a far less intense degree. I'm wondering whether it's the oestrogen (I'm taking Progynova 3 tablets 3 times a day) and progesterone (Utrogestan three times a day plus Endometrin pessaries twice a day) that increase all the annoying pregnancy symptoms?! I haven't had this talk with my obgyn yet, but was wondering when your docs started getting you off your hormones? Did your symptoms get better after the dosage was starting to be decreased? Thanks a lot in advance!
Me 31 / DH 37
TTC ~ 2 years
IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
May 16: Stillbirth angel
IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN 
Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy 
IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN 
Feb'17: first round of IVF
March 17: 1st FET

Re: When did you stop progesterone/oestrogen after FET?

• Options
    Hi @hopesin, congratulations!
    I was of my medication at 10 weeks exactly. I wish I could tell you symptoms disappeared with that, but for me they didn't.
    But I did suffer hypermessis gravidarum so I got told my symptoms won't go away as I was so hoping they would.
    As you have massive nausea do you manage to eat and drink at all? 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I can't offer any answers about whether you will feel better after you stop hormones (mine didn't really change) but if you are experiencing severely nausea you need to talk to your doctor.  It's important that you get enough nutrients to stay healthy  (baby will take what it needs). If you aren't able to eat/drink normally this will be contributing to your exhaustion. 
    On the up side - they say that strong symptoms are a good sign for your chance of a successful pregnancy. Hope they calm down soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you very very much both of you for your input!!! That was really helpful!
    Me 31 / DH 37
    TTC ~ 2 years
    IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
    May 16: Stillbirth angel
    IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN 
    Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy 
    IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN 
    Feb'17: first round of IVF
    March 17: 1st FET
  • Options
    @HopeSIN I'm in the same boat and can't wait to get off the estrogen and progesterone