Friday Ticker Change 4/28

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 4/28

• Options
    How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce 

Any appointments this week? Tomorrow I see my midwife. 

Symptoms? Heartburn has let up a lot this week. I've started having minor cramping, but it's not consistent. My ankles and hands swell, but it comes and goes depending on what I do through the day. 

Cravings? None

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've had a horrible cough this week. Being pregnant, there's not a lot I can do about it. I was barely sleeping a couple days, but it's better now. I would eat a cough drop, drink lemon water, and rub vapor rub on myself. What I wanted to do was drink cough medicine and sleep on my stomach, but I couldn't. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? I refuse to watch any Hunting shows. I won't watch Human Centipede ever. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya, chihuahua, cabbage patch doll

Any appointments this week? I have a growth scan in a couple hours. Fingers crossed baby is measuring well! Then we have an all day baby class Sunday. I have a midwife appointment next Tuesday.

Symptoms? The low back pain and pelvic pressure continue from my uterine irritability. Getting spasms which they say are contractions still. I have to take it easy, because if I do too much it ramps up. Trying to keep baby in until next Friday!

Cravings? No, just ready to be done with GDM eating.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I hate this country's "maternity leave". Rave: DH has been SO amazing lately.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green!

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again?  I really don't like anything scary, so that means DH watches American Horror story by himself, and similarly scary movies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks! (Yeah, I realize I use an exclamation point every single week...haha)

How big is baby? Chihuahua, 2 liter of soda, foot-long sub

Any appointments this week? I had one on Monday and have one this coming Monday, nothing super exciting. She said they'll do a cervical check at my 38 week appointment, which I'm already dreading. I may opt out. 

Symptoms? None, I feel great and often forget I'm even pregnant! Entirely kidding...heartburn, sweet baby movements, general whale feeling

Cravings? Nothing particular. As long as I have food in my belly frequently, I'm generally pretty happy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My plan is to work until I go into labor, but I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it without snapping at someone. Physically, I'm fine...but having everyone comment on my body and ask the same freaking questions day in and day out is wearing on me. I need to take deep breaths and keep in mind that they mean well. Most of them. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue!

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? 13 Reasons Why. I just read the book for my book club (not my choice) and really did not like it at all. I felt like it glamorized/justified suicide and completely ignored any mental health problems which often contribute to suicide- it made it seem like she made a rational decision. Also, I just felt like it was terribly written (although I think that's probably just because it was written for teens). Sorry, Selena Gomez, but I won't be watching the show. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 I watched 13 Reasons Why. It was good, but not amazing. I didn't feel like it showed her depression in a way that really made me understand. She seemed like. Normal healthy girl who blamed others for her life not being what she wanted. Yes, some people deserved to have a tape, but some of them didn't at all. 
  • Options
    MollyandD said:
    @kayemjay2 I watched 13 Reasons Why. It was good, but not amazing. I didn't feel like it showed her depression in a way that really made me understand. She seemed like. Normal healthy girl who blamed others for her life not being what she wanted. Yes, some people deserved to have a tape, but some of them didn't at all. 
    This show is a big deal here at the high school I work at. Our social workers are concerned that it is sending an inaccurate portrayal of depression and suicide. There is also a concern that students who have mental issues won't be able to appropriately process what's happening in this show. Our principal and other area principals sent letters out to parents about the show and it's contents. I haven't watched it, and probably won't. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    MollyandD said:
    I agree with all of this. It also made her suicide seem like some sort of revenge to people she felt wronged her (many of whom actually didn't do anything), which I could see appealing to confused teens. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 37 weeks- "full term!!"

How big is baby? The doctor yesterday estimated about 6.5 lbs. TB says romaine lettuce. 

Any appointments this week? Had my 37 week check up yesterday. I'm 1 cm dilated and his head is low. I'd like to make it to 38 weeks at least them I'm down for having this little guy any time (obviously as long as that's the best for him). ETA: My iron level is low even though I've been taking iron supplements. The doctor didn't seem to concerned, but it makes me a little worried. 

Symptoms? Lots of low pain that I didn't have with DD (or have forgotten about).

Cravings? Sometimes I'll get random ones. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Knowing I only have a week left or work just makes me not want to come in. I'm just ready to be done. Students are driving me crazy and I'm super tired by the end of the day. 

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? I'm not a big fan of sci fi things. I'm not interested in ever seeing anything like Star Wars or Star Trek again. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 38 weeks! 

How big is baby? A winter melon. I don't know what a winter melon is?

Any appointments this week? I had one yesterday, baby is good, head down. I declined cervical check. 

Symptoms? I've been really gassy and I'm not sure why. I haven't eaten anything out of the normal. I think this kid is just pushing on everything. His movements are sooooo painful. I'm super hot. I took a cold shower this morning. 

Cravings? Nothing really. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope! 

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? I have no desire to watch Fifty Shades.  I am terrified of The Ring. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 39 weeks! 2 weeks to go, max :)

How big is baby? Hopefully under 8.5 lbs :P Apps say: watermelon, french grain sack, and a pumpkin.

Any appointments this week? Just got back from OB. No progress, still at 1cm and she'd guess around 50% effaced. She said even though baby has dropped a tiny bit they need to come down more to give that pressure to help.

Symptoms? Well, my wrists feel new again so that's amazing! Heartburn in the middle of the night, difficulty sleeping, swelling. It's cooled off a lot on the past 2 days and its amazing, I can actually see my ankle bones again!

Cravings? Coke with the good ice ;)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah. I'm less discouraged than I thought I'd be by my lack of progress, which is good.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? Hmm...I dont think there's any I refuse to try, just lots of stuff I have no interest it. We once watched "running scared" and NEVER again. It was way, way too intense.

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce 

Any appointments this week? Weekly appointment. I have a u/s on Tuesday. It was optional to check baby's position, but why not.  I more true test to my allegiance to team green.  

Symptoms?  Hormonal.  The newest symptom is a pain in my left thigh joint.  I'll get an unexpected shooting pain.  Doc said it is probably bc baby dropped and is hitting a nerve.  I'm not sleeping well and I officially have no ankles.  My right room is significantly more swollen than my left.  

Cravings?  More like a loss of appetite.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I forgot how miserable the end of pregnancy was from last time.  

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Green 

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? Walking Dead despite its popularity. I'll never watch the movie Vanilla Sky again.  I loved the young Tom Cruise, but I thought Vanilla Sky was awful.  
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @clebl24: Good for you for staying team green! I don't know that I could've held out the whole time. So what's your gut (mother's intuition?) say it is?
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    KMD1106 said:
    How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again
    I'm at 37 weeks (cue the fanfare! full term!). I had an u/s and OB chat appt yesterday/Friday and this little guy is still breech, unfortunately, so it seems the spinning baby positions didn't work for me. (But I feel like I gave it the ol' college try at least!)

Symptom most annoying right now: Super uncomfy and nauseous after eating---there's just no more room in there! This last week in general has been painful and annoying.

Emotion most dominant right now: Nervous! I'll be induced to begin labor and/or have a c-section first thing Monday morning---eeek! I'm supposed to get a lot of rest this weekend but I'm a huge ball of nerves. Trying to find my zen.

Rant: Hubbs has a cold/allergies and is kinda grumpy/snippy and I kinda don't want to hear another word about it, haha.

Rave: Maybe I'll have the first May baby in actual May?  ;)
  • Options
    @SKZW, I'm sorry he's still breech. There are definite pluses to a scheduled csection though. You can plan for it, plus you don't have to deal with labor pains. My theory with DD, even though I really didn't want a csection, was that if all the spinning babies stuff didn't work, there must be a reason. Good luck on Monday. So close!!

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @SKZW I hope everything goes smoothly Monday! Not too much longer and you will have that sweet baby in your arms!
  • Options
    @skzw, it's hard to say. With DS I was convinced it was a boy early on and I was right.  I don't have as strong feelings about this one, but I'm carrying very similar, which makes me lean towards boy.  DS has consistently said girl.  I think DH secretly wants another boy.