March 2017 Moms

Weekly Bitch Fest 4/17

Re: Weekly Bitch Fest 4/17

• Today was DH’s birthday and he had to work a full 8hr shift....I stayed home all day with DD and never showered or changed out of my sweats.  :D  #wifeoftheyear #sorrynotsorry

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• My bitch fest is actually the baby this time around. My baby likes to fight going to sleep for as long as he can. Yesterday he decided to do this after having had a very busy day that was probably a little too long for him. He started crying around 3, and was completely inconsolable until about 7:30-8:00. My fiance and I tried feeding him, changing him, walking around with him, singing to him, burping him, peddling his legs, holding him every way imaginable, bouncing him on our knees, and putting him in his bouncy chair. All of these things seemed to piss him off more. I even at one point handed him to my dad (which always calms him down instantly), and even my dad couldn't get him to calm down. So, we tried taking him for a walk outside. He screamed the entire time. Then we took him for a drive, and that settled him down for all of 10 minutes. Finally when we got back home we fed him again, and while he did stop screaming, he was still super fussy. He wound up being awake for 7 hours straight. It was a long ass day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband has kind of been the worst lately.

I knew he didn't want to go to Easter at my dad's house. It is always mostly my dad's gf's family and they are... unusual. Generally they ignore us and his gf is a horrible cook. The house also has steep stairs that are very hard for him to get up. I decided to let him take a pass and I fibbed and said he was working on a freelance project that needed to be done asap.

on Sunday night we were nearing the end of the witching hour (incidentally it was about 3 hrs on Sunday because they were so overstimulated from visiting my family). Since I had been gone all day I had dishes, bottles, regular laundry, diaper laundry, etc that needed to be done. I was able to get my little guy sleeping and asked my husband to hold the other one. He holds him and proceeds to flip the baby upside down and bounces him up and down. The baby that was like 75% asleep is now wide awake and looks like he's going to puke. I suggest that he not do that when I'm trying g to settle him for the night and my husband gets pissed that I'm telling him what to do. After about 10 min he says that he needs me to take him bc he has to go to the bathroom. I grab the baby, put him in a carrier and keep going with the chores. I come back 20 min later... and he's STILL SITTING IN THE RECLINER. He never went to the bathroom. This is the 4th-5th time in the last week or so that he's used this excuse but not actually used the bathroom.

We got into a huge fight. It ends in him telling me to F off. I assume that he would come back out to apologize for being an ass, but he WENT TO BED IMMEDIATELY AFTER. 

We talked it it out today, but man... I almost lost it on Sunday. It turns out that it hurts his feelings when I correct him when he's doing something "wrong" with the babies (like flipping them upside down when I'm trying to settle then), but admitted that he doesn't have any experience or know how to handle babies. So, to recap: he doesn't want to be told he's doing something wrong (even gentle suggestions/correction) but he doesn't know how to do it and doesn't have the desire to learn. Awesome.

• @shannonj96 ugh I've had a couple of those days. They're REALLY hard. Hope he settles for you today. 

My bitchfest is that my neighbor's house alarm has been going off for FOURTEEN HOURS and our apartment shares a wall with them. I'm also pretty sure they're out of town. I'm going to go insane if it goes off much longer. Or I might break their window and go turn it off myself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd like to bitch about my husband and sound like a spoiled brat simultaneously. My baby is almost 8 weeks old and my husband hasn't acknowledged all the shit I went through getting our son here. I went into labor three weeks early, seven days after a major move and five days after my baby shower. I had nothing done. No bags packed, no nursery stuff done... literally nothing. But I had the presence of mind (through my water breaking, through contractions) to pack not only all my
    shit and all his shit (including his stupid fancy travel pillow
  • @npaulie Okay, I think we need an update... did the alarm finally die, or did you have to break a window? haha. This happened to me once in my college dorm and I thought I might actually go insane! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• @antarctica you are far nicer than me. I packed my bag at about 35.5 weeks after going to the hospital for preterm labor that ended up stopping on its own. We knew at 36 weeks that I was being induced a week later at 37 weeks. I had my bag packed and in the car, and a bag for DD packed and already at my dad's. I reminded DH several times that he needed to pack a bag, including the night before my induction, and he did not pack a bag, so he didnt have any clothes, pjs, stuff to do, or snacks/drinks for the night he stayed with me at the hospital.

@npaulie alarm clock status????

• @englishteachermama @catybug820 eventually the people who live next door came home and turned it off... after 18 hours... so glad it was the day they got back 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulie said:
    @englishteachermama @catybug820 eventually the people who live next door came home and turned it off... after 18 hours... so glad it was the day they got back 
    Yay!! But that's still ridiculous!!
  • @npaulie 18 hours of an alarm going off?!? You're amazing. I would have broken in.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • I don't see this in place for this week but I need to vent. My husband is a best man in a wedding on 5/13. Lucas will be 6 weeks ... the in laws are all invited to the wedding. They keep saying they got a hotel for the soul reason of taking him back to the hotel room so DH and I can have some time to ourselves at the wedding. Lucas is EBF I only started pumping this week and currently only have 1 bag of frozen milk in the freezer and he's only supposed to have a bottle once or twice a week as it is anyways. They say oh he can come with us after you feed him he'll be fine. I'm just not comfortable with my 6 week old leaving my side in a different town to go to a hotel with my in laws esp when I'm EBF. Sorry it's not happening it almost makes me cry the thought of someone taking my baby even if it is my in laws. I know at some point I'm going to have to be okay with this but not at 6 weeks... ugh please tell me I'm not being ridiculous 
  • I don't see this in place for this week but I need to vent. My husband is a best man in a wedding on 5/13. Lucas will be 6 weeks ... the in laws are all invited to the wedding. They keep saying they got a hotel for the soul reason of taking him back to the hotel room so DH and I can have some time to ourselves at the wedding. Lucas is EBF I only started pumping this week and currently only have 1 bag of frozen milk in the freezer and he's only supposed to have a bottle once or twice a week as it is anyways. They say oh he can come with us after you feed him he'll be fine. I'm just not comfortable with my 6 week old leaving my side in a different town to go to a hotel with my in laws esp when I'm EBF. Sorry it's not happening it almost makes me cry the thought of someone taking my baby even if it is my in laws. I know at some point I'm going to have to be okay with this but not at 6 weeks... ugh please tell me I'm not being ridiculous 
    Its not ridiculous because only you can gauge your conduct level. If you aren't comfortable doing it, then don't. And dont let then guilt trio you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ashley14598. Don't let them guilt you into something you're not comfortable with. My LO is pretty much attached to my body at all times or within a 10foot radius. I haven't even left him home alone even with DH yet. You won't have fun at the wedding if you're worrying about your LO being away from you anyway so stick to your guns and keep him with you. 
    I wouldn't do it. If leaving your kid makes you more stressed out it's not a helpful break. Just be honest, if they don't understand and respect your feelings-well that's just sad. I didn't leave my first baby with anyone till she was 4mo... and that 3hrs was rough for me! Hah. So no-not being ridiculous.  Maybe Tell them you'd love to have them hold her/play with her AT the wedding venue for a long so that you can have some time to yourselves/but not leaving?? 
  • @ashley14598 You need to do what you are comfortable with,  but I will say that I have left DD with my ILs 3 times to go out and do errands and once to go out to eat with DH to just get a break and it really helped me feel less like a milk factory and more human.  

My Mom died when DD was 10 days old and we were forced to have to leave her with someone for s few hours when she was just shy of 2weeks old.  This ripped the bandaid off early and made me a bit less hesitant to be away from her.  We are EBF and I have pumped for them to be able to feed her if absolutely necessary,  but I have not been away long enough to skip a feeding.  I also will go back to work so need my DD to be able to take a bottle.

Again,  you do you, but it's not a crime to get away for a bit even if BF.  
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• MrsBinPA said:
    @ashley14598 You need to do what you are comfortable with,  but I will say that I have left DD with my ILs 3 times to go out and do errands and once to go out to eat with DH to just get a break and it really helped me feel less like a milk factory and more human.  

My Mom died when DD was 10 days old and we were forced to have to leave her with someone for s few hours when she was just shy of 2weeks old.  This ripped the bandaid off early and made me a bit less hesitant to be away from her.  We are EBF and I have pumped for them to be able to feed her if absolutely necessary,  but I have not been away long enough to skip a feeding.  I also will go back to work so need my DD to be able to take a bottle.

Again,  you do you, but it's not a crime to get away for a bit even if BF.  
    I'm so sorry about your mom.  I hope you are hanging in there. 
  • @MrsBinPA so sorry for the loss of your mom. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MrsBinPA  so so sorry for your loss <3
  • @MrsBinPA my condolences !! So sorry for your loss
  • @MrsBinPA still doesn't make it easy, I'm sure :(  but I'm so glad she got to meet your little one. 
  • MrsBinPA said:
    @MsTurney @kjd291 @Ilovealbert @Lilies5/28/06 @kris523sydney Thank you.  It was very sad,  but she had pancreatic cancer which recurred early in March.  She went quickly which was a blessing.  Very little suffering.  I miss her,  but know she is watching over us.  She lived long enough to meet her granddaughter which was what she hoped and prayed for.
    So wonderful that she got to meet her granddaughter.
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited April 2017
    @MrsBinPA I am so sorry about your mom...I know it all has been hard on you. I am glad she was able to meet your LO and hope she is now at peace ❤
  • @longliveregina @kjd291@jrde50eb12 Thanks for making me feel like I'm not crazy in thinking that it's okay for me to want to keep my son close to me. 

@MrsBinPA so sorry for your loss! Thank you for giving me another perspective and to be more concerned with what is important. I'm glad to hear that she got to meet your daughter.