Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday - April 19

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!
You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - April 19

• Options
    Happy Wednesday  :)
    Are you benched or TTA? Avoiding
    What brings you here? Waiting for my husband to give the green light
    How long do you think you'll be here? I think/hope just another month or so but I honestly don't know.
    How have things been going? Going really well. I've reached a good zen spot in my waiting waiting game this week.
    Any R/R? Not a R/R but something funny - Last night my daughter asked how a baby gets into a mommy's tummy. We try to give real answers to questions like this so I say "well, women's bodies make eggs and men's bodies make sperm. When those two things come together it makes a baby." She seemed happy with the response and went about her business. About an hour later she says "Mommy, will you and daddy mix that stuff together so you can have another baby?" 

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why? Ancient Rome or Japan pre-WW2 era. Both are fascinating!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? Still benched.

What brings you here? The conversation!

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully not past the end of the summer, but we'll see.

How have things been going? They're about the same. DH is stuck late at work again.

Any R/R? Still waiting to hear back from HR. I called him this morning (I forgot to the last couple of days), but I pretty much always get his voice mail and then he calls back. Oh, and my uncle, for some reason, decided to send me two posters that are signed by a lot of the cast of the original Doctor Who!

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why? My initial answer is fairly political, so I'm not going to say it. Beyond that, I'm really not sure. Maybe the Shakespearean era, so I can find out which plays he actually wrote and which ones are just attributed to him.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry for the post and ghost this morning. It is really hard to bump at work...also mobile still wouldn't let me gif this morning  :'(
    Are you benched or TTA?
     TTA

What brings you here? Well my first roadblock has passed :) That was me needing to be done with grad school. I am now past the point that I would have to miss classes because of my due date. Now I am waiting on DH and my work schedule.

How long do you think you'll be here? It was early summer but now it's looking more like August :/

How have things been going? The same. I am sick of the waiting but know it is for the best. 

Any R/R? RantSo.much.homework! My professor is a nut. I got a big chunk of it done last night and I know I will get it all done but UGH! DH has had meeting the last 2 nights so I have had to try to take care of the kids, cook dinner and do homework - and then he wonders why I am so tired and going to bed earlier than usual.
    Rave: This week seems to be going by fast! I guess one of the benefits to being so busy :) And DH hired a lawn guy today so finally our yard will look nice. It looks absolutely terrible right now. 

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why? Hmmm....I think I would time travel a lot. I think colonial times would be cool, ancient Egypt, medieval. I just find it so interesting.
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter: boo for it being pushed back to August :( I love a good looking yard. Even if I don't do it, it makes me feel a little more put together. Haha!!

@dreamscapes_ : double boo for still not hearing back from HR :( I know you are anxious for that phone call. Fingers crossed it comes this week!

@notthefather : kids are hilarious. I sometimes wonder how they come up with the stuff they say. If only we could see in their minds...

Are you benched or TTA? 
    This is a strange question for me. I always say neither. Ha.

What brings you here? 
    Conversation, company, tips on hormones when the time comes (Estrace, Minivelle, and PIO)

How long do you think you'll be here? 
    We are, literally, counting the days! CD1 of May we start FET protocol!! 

How have things been going?
    Things are good! We bought some diapers and little baby stuff last weekend. We couldn't help ourselves! DW is officially SUPER excited and baby fever has definitely hit. 

Any R/R?
    Neither! Life is pretty calm :)

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why?
    Oh, man. That's hard. I think probably the 1960s. Getting to see the civil rights movement would be super cool. Civil War-era would also be cool to see the country change, divide, then come back together. (Obviously a history nerd here...)
  • Options
    @easttexasmomma- May will be here before you know it! So excited for you! :) 

• Options
    @notthefather lol @ your daughter, that's hilarious!

@dreamscapes_ I hope you hear back from HR soon!

@glitzandglitter that is so exciting that you've passed the first roadblock! Progress is progress!

@easttxmamas How exciting! You are getting so close! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Waiting until May!

How long do you think you'll be here? May 5th-ish should be CD1. Not that I'm keeping track or anything  :p

How have things been going? Good! Just trying to eat healthier and lose a few pounds. 

Any R/R? Work has been good this week, been productive around the house...no complaints!

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why? Right now I'm thinking Pride & Prejudice era. Choreographed dances...big estates. Clearly I will belong to a wealthy family in this scenario.  :#
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter CONGRATULATIONS on finishing grad school!!
    @easttxmamas Yay, come on May!!!! I'm going to cross all the things for your FET
    @notthefather LOL
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses So close to TTC!!! Good Luck!
    @dreamscapes_ I'm so curious to know what your GTKY answer really is...hmmm

What brings you here? Hanging with my ladies while we wait

How long do you think you'll be here? Until June

How have things been going? Great, busy season is over and I'm back to hang here more. Missed you guys the last couple weeks.

Any R/R? DH and I had a long for real talk about TTC. We are going for it, and we both agree to start in June. We also agree since this will be my 3rd c/s I'm getting my tubes tied and we will be done done done. 

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why? Not very far in the past, I like indoor plumbing too much. 

• Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited April 2017
    Yay @LivingTheDreamband @uterusesbeforeduderuses !! So excited for you! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather, kids are so funny!  Too cute!
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses & @easttxmamas You are getting so close!

We might need to start a "Grad" post soon to celebrate BFPs.  I'm hoping we have a bunch over the next few months!

What brings you here? Hanging out with you lovely ladies.  You have kept me sane and helped motivate me.  Y'all are great!  :)

How long do you think you'll be here? We're probably going to start trying in June.

How have things been going? Pretty good.  It's the end of the school year so things are super busy.  It helps time go faster.

Any R/R?  Nothing for me today.  

GTKY: If you could time travel, which time period would you visit and why?  I have no idea.  I'm pretty happy where we are.  I'm with @ChloandCoco, indoor plumbing is a plus!  LOL  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130
     I love the idea of a grad dread.

• Options
    @glitzandglitter Yay for getting past the first road block! Hopefully the next ones go quickly! Do you do slow cooker stuff? Would that be easier for nights where your DH isn't home to help out? There are a million different slow cooker recipes on Pinterest, some of which are actually good, lol.

@easttxmamas You're almost there! I'm so excited for you and your DW! :D

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses You're almost there, too! Good luck! :D

@LivingTheDream My GTKY answer is political, lol. Don't really want to start that over here. Yay for having a set date for when you guys will start trying!

@ChloandCoco I think most of us are interested in indoor plumbing, to be honest, lol.

@JNCPro3130 I hope the end of the school year goes smoothly! I also like the idea of a grad thread :)
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ - FX something happens soon!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 and @LivingTheDream - I like the idea of a grad post too! Whoever gets the first BFP can start the grad post. Or we could just post about the BFP in the TWW/WTO thread.
  • Options
    I like the idea of including it in the TWW/WTO post. Or one big grad thread would be fine, but I don't think we have enough people to need a weekly thread, do you guys? Either is fine with me!!
  • Options
    @notthefather That makes a lot of sense!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @LivingTheDream- I haven't graduated yet. I just past the date that a due date would interfere. I graduate in December. I'm glad you and your DH got a solid game plan :) 

@dreamscapes_ I am crossing my fingers so hard for you! I do some crockpot cooking but I should totally do more it's so easy!

back in the day TTGP had individual bfp posts. I am game for whichever here:)
  • Options
    My thoughts on a grad post: from lurking on TTGP, I find it awkward to have a designated multi-person BFP post.
     *TW* I saw a grad thread where someone had a chemical pregnancy early in the week and it felt extra sad to me that someone else may unknowingly post their own BFP in the same grad thread and the person with the loss would have to keep seeing updates on the post. *end TW*
    My personal vote would be TWW or individual post. 
    I agree. We have done a great job building this board up and creating a same place for people waiting to start or just have BOTB, which is a hard place. I want to keep the close community w/ TWW/WTO posts and want to cheer on each other and celebrate our BFPs, but don't want this to turn into TTGP.2. Maybe keeping it to the TWW/WTO post would be the best? I'm open though, just a suggestion.

• Options
    I agree with everyone saying to post BFPs in the WTO/TWW posts.  Even through I'm not there yet, I still look at that thread.  Like @LivingTheDream said, we don't need a TTGP 2.0. :wink: She's right, we don't want to upset anyone who has BOTB and not there yet.

@glitzandglitter, I was just looking into what I did when I got my BFP for DS, and I did an individual BFP post labeled as such and that was fine.  The rules have changed since I was there.

*TW* When I got pregnant with DS, it was my first month trying.  I had been actively involved in the dailies on the TTGP board for the month and I think a month before. I recently (in my lurking over there) saw a comment that while it's great that people get pregnant quickly, it is hurtful to people who have been trying for awhile.  I know I may not get pregnant quickly again, but I don't want to make the TTGP ladies hurt if I do.  I'm glad I found this group!  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @LivingTheDream - I agree. Let's keep all the TWW/WTO/BFPs post in the same weekly post. I don't want this board to turn into TTGP 2.0 or make it hard on the ladies who aren't ready to TTC feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I'll add an a disclaimer at the top of the WTO/TWW thread next week on what to do with BFPs, etc.
  • Options
    While I still like the idea of individual BFP posts, I was thinking about it a little more... I don't want drive by BFP posts to be encouraged and I think stand alone posts might encourage that rather than regulars would know we post in the TWW/WTO. 
    I should also clarify by drive bys- I mean never posted here except their BFP. I have no problem at all with active members posting their BFP even if it is their first cycle. 
    I think, for me, it's the overarching idea this this board is a community. Would you want to tell your close friends that you're KU? Yea, totally! But for people that aren't part of the "community" (as in group of friendships), then they should be encouraged to post on the applicable board.
  • Options
    I also agree with the above messages. Keeping it all contained will make it easier to find for those of us who are looking for it, as well as easier to ignore for those who want other information.
  • Options
    @easttxmamas I feel like you're pretty darn established around here, no pressure! Of course I'm not opposed to you posting more, just don't want you to feel like you have to!  :)
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: well, thanks! I just do all my replying in one day...I don't spread it out. 
  • Options
    I post a lot partly because I'm so. freaking. bored.
  • Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited April 2017
    I feel like you are very involved @easttxmamas. I tend to read a little throughout the day and reply to a bunch at once.
    On that note I'm drinking and bumping so be prepared for me to make a bunch of un**necessary comments with excessive typos
    lol. Ironic first typo :D  

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I feel like you are very involved @easttxmamas. I tend to read a little throughout the day and reply to a bunch at once.
    On that note I'm drinking and bumping so be prepared for me to make a bunch of un**necessary comments with excessive typos
    lol. Ironic first typo :D  
    @notthefather: That was me last night. Drinking and bumping. I have an awful headache this morning, so I hope you feel better than I do!
  • Options
    I rarely drink so any alcohol gives me a headache. Nothing a couple Advil didn't fix! Hope you feel better! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018