March 2017 Moms

Re: Randoms! 4/24

• Loading the player...
  • Haha congrats @korpisar glad you didn't suffer my fate!
  • Hi ladies!  I've been goon for awhile hoping it's okay to jump back in at this stage. My LO was born 3/14/17 via csection, his name is Mason and he is 6 weeks today.  Sad because that means I'll be back to work in another 6 weeks. 

@serenity13 love the Gif 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just scheduled my return to work date. Super depressing. DD will be 9 weeks and this really doesn't feel natural :(
  • I really wish that we could get more time off during a maternity leave as 12 weeks ( for those that are able to get that much time ) really isn't enough time with your LO.  I keep trying to convince  my husband if I could drop my hours to part time but with four kids it will be hard to swing financially.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm dreading going back to work. I just can't imagine not being with him for such a large part of the day and I've only known him for 3.5 weeks. 

Is is anyone using baby wearing carriers like k'tan or Solly? I'm trying them and getting the hang of it. DS is already nearly 11lbs (born 9.2) and he scrunches up his legs/feet in a weird way when I have him in the legs-in newborn carry positions. He also has really long so legs-out seems easier and more comfortable for him and me.has anyone else gone legs-out so early with these? This 3 week old is in 3 month clothes! 
  • @jenny0228 I don't have those brands... but I go legs out with my big babe in my carriers and wraps. 
  • Thanks @kjd291 I actually meant to tag you knowing that you use carriers and also have a big babe! :) 
  • jenny0228 said:
    Thanks @kjd291 I actually meant to tag you knowing that you use carriers and also have a big babe! :) 
    Of course!

I think the only issue with legs out early is if the carrier is too wide for their legs to fit. So if you think it looks/fits right, I'd go with it! 
  • I'm jealous of Mamas with babies who will go in carriers.  I have a Lillebaby and have tried to put LO in it but she really wants nothing to do with it.  One time she was ok for about 5 minutes but mostly she just screams at me.  So frustrating!  I have a Moby too from DS but never got the hang of it. He hated carriers too until he coild
    face out then he liked it.  If I could wear her it would make life so much easier, especially in the evening or when I want to go out like to a store or for a walk.  She hates the car seat also so it would make going to the store easier if she liked to be worn.  Oh well...maybe someday she'll get to like it. 
  • I'd highly recommend trying the moby again! It takes a few attempts st first-but it's always been my favorite for the first months.

my kiddos don't like being worn the first few min, but they give in after bouncing around for a while
  • lilies5/28/06lilies5/28/06 member
    edited April 2017
    I have the k'tan and My problem is that I have a nosey 6 week old he likes to see all that is around him but doesn't really have the head strength to be put face forward yet so there fore he really hates anything that forces his head to face my chest area. In the k'tan  DS doesn't really care for the legs area either so I will have to try the legs out . I also have a baby bjorn which leafs are out but again he's facing me so doesn't care to much for it. I have an ergo baby haven't tried it yet. 

Edited to add 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS will cry for the first few minutes but then once he realizes he can just lay his head on me he falls right to sleep. Now that I'm going legs out he is much better in it, doesn't try to wiggle the whole time. Same way he is when I swaddle him. Hates it for 5 mins then is sound asleep. 
  • So everyday this week so far the neighbor boy has been coming over to play with my son - he is 9 and DS is 5 almost 6. He asks for a snack and a juice box every time he comes over. So far he has eaten 2 containers of strawberries, the rest of my pistachios, pringles, candy, etc. it's getting ridiculous. DS loves playing with him though.... and he is a nice boy and good playing with DS. The food thing is getting ridiculous tho.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @korpisar we had a similar problem with some of our neighbors kids. It sucks also that they're sending over their kid while you have a newborn adding more to your plate. Our second came home after his nicu stay and literally not even 24 hours later the neighbors sent their daughter over - whom I cannot stand. They even knew we just brought him home we sent texts to everyone updating them that he's home! She comes over and she expects us to wait on her all day. We tell them they can't play in the house anymore on nice days and it's helped a lot. It also encourages the kids to play at each other's house and not just ours all the time. Not sure if it's an option for you to just send them out to play. Our backyard is protected from the street and we have a nice play set for them to entertain themselves. In the summer we have a pool we put up and a slip and slide. We still always have popsicles and juice boxes on stock and do summer fruits for them too. Apples or watermelon are easy. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• So I'm fortunate in that I don't have to return to work until august, but I'm in the process of finding day care and I can't imagine leaving my baby with strangers. How am I going to do this? Any STM with advice or words of comfort? 
  • @jomarma big hugs. it's really hard at first, but it does get easier. Make sure you feel comfortable with the environment, that helped us a lot. At this point, our daycare teachers are basically family. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @jomarma it is not an easy thing but like @datalover13 mentioned you want to make sure the place you pick you feel comfortable sometime it's one of those feelings where your gut will tell  that when you walk and and meet the providers you'll fell like this is the place where others you will be like no way can't leave my kid here. it will be hard to leave little one at first, it will be emotional but it will get easier. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited April 2017
    jenny0228 said:
    I'm dreading going back to work. I just can't imagine not being with him for such a large part of the day and I've only known him for 3.5 weeks. 

Is is anyone using baby wearing carriers like k'tan or Solly? I'm trying them and getting the hang of it. DS is already nearly 11lbs (born 9.2) and he scrunches up his legs/feet in a weird way when I have him in the legs-in newborn carry positions. He also has really long so legs-out seems easier and more comfortable for him and me.has anyone else gone legs-out so early with these? This 3 week old is in 3 month clothes! 
    I generally do legs out not at 8 weeks. :) I often fold the arm strap of the ktan back in itself leaving baby's face clear on each side so she can swivel her head, and I have a hand spotting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Miss you @Gators&BoSox hope your visit with family is going well !!