Trouble TTC
Options

New here (child and loss mentioned)

Hi everyone, I have just been told by my doctor's office that I have secondary infertility (3 losses) and will need to come in to meet with the Doctor... A little history about me: 

My husband and I were lucky enough to get pregnant first try. During my pregnancy with my son I had consistent bleeding during the first trimester (many visits to ultrasound and ER to be told "threatened miscarriages") The bleeding stopped after the first trimester. I also had no morning sickness with him. I had my son in July 2015 and breastfed through July/August 2016. 

Now we are TTC #2. I ovulate late. The first month trying pregnant again this December. I had no bleeding and was very sick. 6 weeks ultrasound, no heartbeat, 8 weeks, still no heartbeat or growth since 6w. I had a D&C in January 2017. My Doctor advised to wait 5 weeks before trying again. I didn't get a period and must have ovulated and fell pregnant again in February 2017. We lost that baby in middle March (Chemical Pregnancy, initial low HCG level and bleeding). This month I fell pregnant again, however again I had another chemical pregnancy(another low HCG level under 100, then bleeding). It seems as though the problem is not getting pregnant, however staying pregnant... 

I still have not dried up in the milk department after 9 months. It's not a large amount but is still hanging around in there that can be expressed from my breasts. I wonder I this could impact things? I'm not sure if because I didn't have a period I just didn't have enough time to heal/replenish the lining? 

I am not able to see my Doctor until next week to bounce all these questions to a Doctor, but was hopeful that you ladies would have some experience or know what I should ask for when I do meet with the Doctor (low progesterone test maybe?). I also have a rare eye disorder that gets worse (irreversible damage) with each pregnancy, so it is important to me to figure out what is going on before getting pregnant again so I don't continue to do damage to my eyesight unless it's absolutely worth it.

Re: New here (child and loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome! I don't have much to offer but I wpuld suggest checking out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It has a whole section about weird cycles and what could be happening with not being able to stay pregnant (I think short leuatl phases is one of those things, someone may be able to weigh in more about that.) I found it helpful to at least understand the whole process and my body better. At first I thought it was silly because duh! I'm a woman and I learned all of that stuff. For me it was quite eye opening. 

I really hope you have a short stay here and get answers soon!

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    @eranvo27 thanks I will need to check that out. I have a long train ride so always looking for something more productive to do (as opposed to scroll social media) when I just can't work anymore! I hope your stay is short here too
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I am sorry that you have to be here and so sorry for your losses  <3

There are a lot of reasons you could be experiencing RPL. When you go to the doctor they should be able to run a RPL panel on you that will look at things that are known to be causes of miscarriage. I hope that you are able to get some answers soon. 
  • Options
    Welcome.  I am sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.  
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options

@kim41313 Thank you! I have never heard of an RPL panel, so will definitely mention this :)

@hoffmanr7 Thank you for your warm welcome :)