October 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change | 4.25.17

Hi Tuesday mamas! I'll just plan on starting this every week moving forward.  :)

1) How many weeks are you?

2) How big is baby?

3) How are you feeling?

4) Any appointments or tests this week?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What is your favorite movie?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change | 4.25.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 15 weeks :) 

2) How big is baby? 
    The size of an orange

3) How are you feeling? 
    At long last, I'm feeling much better! Love the second trimester so much :) 

None this week

N/A 

I love anything with Audrey Hepburn, but I think Wait Until Dark oddly might be my absolute favorite—I just love that it's a classic suspenseful movie without relying on a dramatic soundtrack or jump-scares. As far as more recent movies, I feel like Miss Congeniality deserves a special shoutout today :D

• Options
    Yessss @lemonlyman!! If I weren't mobile I would've posted it myself. AndPlusAlso, that was my inspiration for the GTKY question  ;)

@MamaStreeter definitely feeling flutters here and there, too! You're not crazy  :)
  • Options
    @sdarling2010 Hahahah, great minds think alike! ;) 

• Options
    @Smartin90 yay short torso club!!!
  • Options
    @tyannej Yes, short torsos for the win!  :D
  • Options

1) How many weeks are you? 16 weeks
    2) How big is baby? 
    The size of an avocado
    3) How are you feeling? 
    Feeling so much better other than being tired from random nights of insomnia
    No tests this week, just a blood draw in preparation for an appointment next week.

Pretty much anything with Meryl Streep...Devil Wears Prada, Its Complicated, Julie & Julia, Mamma Mia :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    16 weeks Baby size of an avacado Super shitty...I have a head cold, I threw up in my front yard in front of the neighbors, work is stressing me out, headaches..the list could go on. I feel like a Debby downer. No appointments. Next one is may 1st. Question: I need to buy a new pregnancy pillow. I believe I had a boppy body pillow last time, but I'm looking at the u shaped ones. Does anyone have one they recommend? I'm a tummy sleeper when not pregnant and I'm thinking if I actually get a good night sleep I might feel less dead. GTKY question is tough! I like all types of movies depending on my mood. I love comedies (think supper troopers, tropic thunder, anchor man) but I can get into the big action movies too. I tend to not like super deep dramas. At least since having kiddos! I fall asleep too easily lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 16 weeks!
    2) How big is baby? 
    Avocado according to the Bump app. An action figure according to Ovia.
    3) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good, except for being kind of gassy. Gross.
    I had an OB checkup yesterday and it went fine!
    Nothing I can think of right now.
    I have a handful, but my go-to sick movie is The Sound of Music.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm joking then Tusadaynticker change now. Due date was changed by a few days:)

1) How many weeks are you? 13 weeks

2) How big is baby? The size of a lemon 

3) How are you feeling? Well I'm feeling the best I've felt yet! I was throwing up for weeks!

4) Any appointments or tests this week? Not this week no. Waiting on results of last weeks blood work 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? My newborn and 2 year old will be sharing a room. Anyone have experience with this? Sleep training, keeping  my older one asleep at night etc are my main concerns! 

6) GTKY: What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing, Mary Poppins
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 16 today!

2) How big is baby? 
    Supposedly the size of an avocado

3) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good! 

16 week appointment tomorrow morning! 

Pretty Woman
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    maroussemarousse member
    edited April 2017
    16 weeks. Baby is the size of an avocado
  • Options
    @hippiegirl884 I just bought a u-shaped pregnancy pillow the other day, because like you I'm a stomach sleeper. I love it! It has helped so much! I can't upload a picture but it's called the LeachCo Back N Belly. It's contoured so it supports your belly while you're sleeping on your side. I'll tell you my hips aren't near as sore as they were. I hope you can find some relief! 
  • Options
    @flowerintherain - thankfully i dont think it is a late showing morming sickness thing.  Its only happened that one day and i think it was more gag related then morning sickness.  I've been extra conscious since Monday.  Also, i realize the way i wrote it, its not clear but we dont know the gender of the other twin yet.  Thank you for the congrats tho!  We'd be happy either way, but im secretly hoping for a girl .. So im hoping your right ☺

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 13 weeks tomorrow. :)

2) How big is baby?
    About the size of a lemon (hard to believe though)!

3) How are you feeling?
    Actually pretty good. Still feeling tired but am starting to feel like myself again.

None, but am just waiting for the phone to ring any minute now with the results of our Panorama test.

None right now. 

I love movies, so I have a lot of favorites, but two that I watch over and over again areBig Trouble In Little China and The Way, Way Back.
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 17

2) How big is baby? Pomegranate 

3) How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! No more nausea or exhaustion. I feel like myself again, only a huge boobs (again)

Nope! Anatomical scan is in 2 weeks :)

I'm soooo hungry all the time!

Lately? Moana, lol
  • Options
    I've been so busy driving for work lately that I've been lurking and love titting more than participating. Sorry!
    @hopeby2015  happy for good results. I know the other twin mommas have had some anxiety too so good news is always welcomed!
    @dmellis02  I love the JP/JW movies too! And jealous your LO was active during NT, mine was a lazy bum and wouldn't move for all the jabbing that the nurse did lol. Looking forward to that hard sleeping continuing through the newborn stage lol. 
    @crazypuglady  sorry you're still fighting nausea and WTF to the insurance holding out on your refills? Maybe OB can force it since it's medically necessary?? Hope you can find some relief in the meantime. 
    +1 to all the gassy mommas. It's uncomfortable at night and I can't get any relief unless I sit at the toilet WTF? I usually have no trouble passing gas but now I literally have to be in the toilet sitting position to get relief. So weird and inconvenient 
    +1 to the shock at almost being halfway!!

18+1 since I'm a day late to this thread. I've really been considering joining/lurking the sept board but I feel to established in this one already. 
    2) How big is baby?
    An unflattering artichoke haha
    3) How are you feeling?
    Better besides the gas and tailbone pain. I feel huge since I popped last week - I don't know how to manage the second half if I already feel like a boat! 
    None for another 2 weeks
    Sleep help. Lots of moms have talked about being stomach sleepers and having trouble. I'm a back sleeper so I'm supposed to start transitioning to side but I can't get comfortable. I've tried a pillow between my legs but every time I wake up I'm on my back again and the pillow is nowhere to be found. Any tips?

Rave - finally had the energy and motivation to deep clean the house. DH & I did major work on the downstairs on Sunday and it feels so good to walk into a tidy house. Now if we could only get the master bed and bath together... lol.  
    thats a toss up between Twister, Tombstone, and Tangled. The Resident Evil and Fast and the Furious movies are my guilty pleasure too lol
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crazypugladycrazypuglady member
    edited April 2017
    @PizzaMonster3- It's so stupid. The Dr gave me a prescription for 100 pills. The pharmacy gave me 60. I paid $40 copay for 60 pills. Since I had 40 left on the prescription.. the pharmacy said they would fill it.. but then called back and said the insurance won't pay yet. I'm so glad my insurance company gets to decide whether I'm in need of vomit relief or not. Meanwhile... this pill's one use is to ease morning sickness... I mean there's a sillouette of a pregnant woman on the pill. You can not overdose on it or abuse it. Seriously shouldn't even BE a prescription drug IMO. But.. probably has to do with the drug company charging $400+/bottle.

So I said screw it.. and bought my own vitamins and anti-histamine. Seriously.

PS- I'd like to see how much I get charged for the remaining 40 pills. $40 again? Rip.Off.

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options
    @crazypuglady - it sounds like your pharmacy screwed up.  They shouldve given you the 100 pills in the first place.  If i were you, id go to the pharmacy place and make a big fuss of them giving you the 40 for free since they messed up to begin with.

• Options
    @hopeby2015- Yeah I wasn't even sure who to call or be mad at... the pharmacy for only giving me a partial prescription? The insurance company for telling me they won't pay? I feel like the pharmacy only gave me 60 because that's the max the insurance would cover at one time? I plan on asking when I go back to the pharmacy tonight. AND If they try to charge me $40 for 40 pills.. I'm walking out. 

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options
    SwtAnanaSwtAnana member
    edited April 2017
    Hi Ladies! I've been MIA for the past few weeks because of "life" things.  I lurked here and there....glad to see our board is doing well!

17+2

2) How big is baby?
    The size of a pomegranate.  Finally showing....in the mornings I have that mixed ate-too-much-or-is-she-getting-fat-but-she-could-be-pregnant look....in the evenings I look like I'm 22 weeks...ha!

3) How are you feeling?
    I was feeling ok but over the past 2 days I've been so anxious.  Anxious that something bad is going to happen ....not sure where it's coming from but it's making it hard for me to connect to baby lately  :( 

Other than my anxiety, I'm still pretty tired most days (although it doesn't compare to 1st trimester fatigue!)....and back pain galore!

None this week.  Monday I have some bloodwork and next week is my early anatomy scan....can't wait!

Get a snoogle if you don't have one yet.  I sleep so much more comfortably now!

Don't really have one...I have tons of movies that I love and could watch over and over again

Anyone thinking of baby showers?  My bestie and my MIL are trying to plan mine and there's already misunderstandings and drama.  I'm trying to stay out of it but there is a huge generational and cultural gap going on.....they're definitely not seeing eye-to-eye
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @tyannej thanks for the recommendation! It was one I was looking at so I should just pull the trigger! 

Hope all you ladies have a good Friday and a awesome weekend!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @crazypuglady - i think the pharmacy is to blame because they should've at least mentioned that the ins wasn't going to pay for the other 40 pills. Although, I've never heard of ins denying how many pills one could take.  I can't imagine they would risk overriding what a doctor prescribed, without mentioning it to you at least!  I hope it all went smoothly yesterday.