March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: April 24

Hey Fit Mama's!!

1: How many weeks postpartum
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was your last week?

4: Any pregnancy modifications you got to STOP?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self this week?
?

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: brag away and tell us something (or things) random you were really good at in your past (or still are) /thing you were know for/an award you won, etc. 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: April 24

• Hi fit mamas!! Yes I agree it's definitely a LOT more quiet on here lately, I feel like I haven't been checking my Bump app much at all anymore - which is both a good and bad thing I guess. I miss being more active on here & chatting with you ladies but I've realized I spend too much time on my phone (and DH spends even more time on his) and I don't want to be so addicted to my phone that I miss out on any of these moments with Chase, so I've been making an effort to cut back dramatically. I'm gonna try to only use my laptop or phone now at times when he's sound asleep in my lap after feeding sessions :) Gotta work on DH to cut back on his screen time too... 

? 2.5 weeks

? Walk ~1 mile/day, stay as active as I can with normal activities, maybe start easing into some light yoga routines if/when LO sleeps during the day if I'm feeling up for it.

3: How was your last week? Physically - great! I feel back to normal already (except for my boobs, which half the time are in pain!) and I haven't had any bleeding the last few days or any other pp symptoms. I've been able to move around really well and was able to get my entire front garden planted over the last couple days too, which was kinda like doing a few mini workouts. We also did a charity walk for the SPCA on Saturday morning as a family of four (including our dog) which was nice even though it was chilly & rainy. Last year, DH and I ran the 5k part of the event with our dog...next year we're hoping to run it again instead of walk. :)
    I've been eating like crap though - SOOO much sugar! I really need to cut back...I bought a bunch of clearance Easter chocolate & candy and that was a mistake - I have about half a container of jelly beans left, which I just decided I should throw out. I don't want to but I should...and I will. (and I did!!) I need to keep myself accountable and realize whatever I'm eating is still being passed onto LO and I don't want him to be getting all sugar milk. I've also been eating a lot of frozen yogurt still...I just can't buy anymore when I go to the grocery store anymore because I eat way too much of it. So cutting back on the sugar is also going to be a goal for the weeks ahead!

? #3 above with the sweets lately & gardening - I loveee to garden.

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? LO has projectile vomited 3x so far - twice on Saturday and once this morning...it's the scariest thing in the world watching your child spit up like that and fearing they're going to choke! I worry that he's not getting enough to eat, especially after throwing up everything in his belly, but he's already almost 10 lb & continues to poop/pee a ton every day so I know he's getting enough it's just sometimes he's an aggressive eater with eating too much too quickly...I don't want to cut him off if he's still hungry but at the same time I think I need to find a way to slow him down or maybe do shorter/more frequent feedings...

7: GTKY: brag away and tell us something (or things) random you were really good at in your past (or still are) /thing you were know for/an award you won, etc.  I've always been really good at school and earning good grades. In high school I was a really great public speaker and won several scholarships for oratorical competitions...was able to pay for nearly all of my college thanks to my winnings. I still can be a good public speaker if I practice enough but feel like writing speeches/writing in general is my stronger area now. I have exactly 9 days left before my last ever presentation for school...I'm done all my assignments so now I just have to give my final speech on my project. It feels very bittersweet and almost surreal to be so close to finishing & less than a month away now from graduating with my Masters. I think I'm going to miss being in school but I'm looking forward to encouraging LO as he grows to hopefully develop a love for learning too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @serenity13 congrats on being so close to finishing school and getting your masters! YAY! Such an achievement, especially since you had a baby in the midst of your final year! Also great to hear your recovery is going so well -even after just a couple of weeks. It must feel so good to feel back to near-normal and get into your garden! How did your newborn photo shoot turn out? 

@kjd291 did your doctor do blood work on you while you were there for vertigo? I totally sympathize with the feeling of getting totally panicked thinking something is really wrong (I do this ALL THE TIME because I've had so many weird pregnancy and birth related issues, AND because I'm just really good at getting myself in a panic, haha) My doctor did a full blood panel on me recently band it gave me peace of mind knowing if something else were at play, my blood test would show it. It's great that you're ramping back up with running and working out though. I think half my battle is not having that mind-clearing outlet yet! 

I love that you both are such great public speakers and debaters! That has always been something I need to work really hard at - I so respect people that have this natural talent. I have to present a lot at work since I launch the concept direction of the product design each season and I have to really prepare hardcore for each big presentation, it does not come naturally for me! The smaller presentations I am ok but 2x a year I have to get on a stage (with a wireless mic- eww!) and it's not my favorite day. Last year I watched a video of myself presenting and everyone said it was good, but I couldn't watch it. I wanted to burn it and crawl under a rock, haha! I guess we are always our own worst critics! 

• OH and.... I would LOVE to keep our check in as well! Even if it's the only thing still going here! ;)

• Yeah, it's definitely been quiet. I feel like this is a "duh" moment, but I didn't realize QUITE how much time a newborn takes up. Also I'm convinced my child hates sleep, so getting anything done or getting on here has been impossible. 

1: How many weeks postpartum? 6 weeks yesterday!!

? I'd like to get three "work outs" in this week. Although by workout, it's more just pelvic floor exercises before I get back into proper exercising. I also need to both eat more and eat better. I'm struggling to get food made during the day that is also healthy. DS is going through a phase where his naps aren't lasting more than 30 minutes. Idk what's going on there. 

3: How was your last week? Last week I worked out twice, which is "ok". And my eating was alright (until the weekend came, haha) 

?

? I booked myself in for a wax this week. I haven't had one since probably January. Although it WAS part of my monthly routine, it's helping me feel like myself again a bit more doing those little things again. OH, also booked a weekend away next weekend for me and DH wedding anniversary!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Was weighed at my check in yesterday, and I'm still about 15lbs above my pre pregnancy weight. I realize it'll probably come off quickly once I can start exercising properly again, but I just assumed I'd have more of my prepregnancy body back by my 6 week check up. Although I'm trying not to focus on it, it definitely knocked my self confidence a bit related to how I'm feeling about my physical appearance. 

7: GTKY: brag away and tell us something (or things) random you were really good at in your past (or still are) /thing you were know for/an award you won, etc. I am bizzarely good at recognizing faces. Especially related to what movies or shows someone has been in. Although this is probably why I picked my profession, I also think I'm really good at interpersonal relationships. I can pick up what others are feeling even if they don't say it and I'm a really good listener. While this makes me REALLY good at my job as a therapist, it sucks when your family brings you into the middle of every argument, haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can I join? :)

? 10 weeks

2: What are your goals for the week ahead? 
    i start kickboxing tonight so I have 2 workouts scheduled with a friend there this week and I am working out with DH on Thursday doing battle ropes and weights. I started weight watchers yesterday so I have healthy lunches and dinners planned for this week. Last night was baked salmon with oven roasted potatoes and broccoli yum!

3: How was your last week? I hadn't started working out yet or eating healthy :)

?

? DHs bday is Saturday so we will be going out to dinner most likely

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I lost all my baby weight right away but weight is starting to creep on due to my poor diet and sugar cravings. I also want to lose an additional 25-35 lbs. The sugar cravings are out of control - I'm obsessed with cookies. So I need to get on track and at least stay where I'm at with weight and tone up, but hopefully I will lose some weight in the process.

7: GTKY: brag away and tell us something (or things) random you were really good at in your past (or still are) /thing you were know for/an award you won, etc. I am a really good golfer - everyone wants me on their scramble team. My high school team won the state tournament my senior year.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @korpisar of course you can join!!!

guys, just made my first successful mother son gym trip. They don't have a daycare at my gym, so i purposefully went during their show time (2-3pm). And swaddles him up in his car seat and went into the functional fitness zone because NO ONE was in there.  And he slept the WHOLE time!! I was so nervous about taking him, but I'm glad to know I have this option for now and don't have to wait for DH to get home to have to be able to go. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @korpisar welcome!
    @npaulie great job on a successful gym trip! 

DH and I were going to try to venture out for lunch with Oscar today but I think he's going through a growth spurt. Suddenly my good little sleeper is up nearly all day and wants to eat every hour for the past two days! Gah! Might have to wait til this passes to try a lunch date haha. 
  • Thanks @npaulie and @jenny0228
    thats awesome you were able to get to the gym during the day @npaulie! That can make all the difference. I know when I was working out before getting pregnant that was an issue for me - I didn't want to spend time in the evening working out because I wanted to be with my family instead. 

I made it to kickboxing last night - it was fun but not sure if I will stick with it long term. It's pretty expensive - I bought a Groupon for 10 sessions so that was a good deal but long term the regular rates are pretty pricey. We will see how it goes.
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @korpisar kickboxing sounds so fun! I love mixing it up with a pass for classes that you don't ordinarily do every once in a while. When I was pregnant I got a pass for some spin classes. I enjoyed it and might do another block of 10 at some point but it's not for me as a regular workout. But it challenges your muscles and cardio in a new way which is always beneficial. 

By the way how has your recovery and return to working out been post c-section? I also had a c section and only 3.5 weeks out but the recovery has been tougher than I expected so far. Section was unplanned. Did you start back up after 6 weeks or longer?
  • @jenny0228 I feel like I probably could have started working out 6 weeks post partum but I wasn't mentally ready yet. I needed to get some motivation :) I have done some walking up until now and that has been fine. Last night was the first time doing a work out. The hardest part of kick boxing was the ab work - I don't know why but it surprised me I could barely do a sit up. It wasn't painful but just weak. 
    This was my second c section and I also had a tubal ligation. I would say this one definitely took longer to feel better than the last. Hopefully you start feeling normal soon! I think it helps that you worked out during your pregnancy
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @serenity13 omg love love love those photos!!! Especially the one with the dog :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 beautiful photos!! And Chase is such a cutie!! Looks like you had a gorgeous day for your shoot. 
  • Ok Ladies...I'm finally jumping in if you'll have me!  I'm hoping being on this thread will help me get back into working out soon!  I was at my lowest weight and in the best shape of my life before I got pregnant.  I was working out 5-6 days a week (doing spin, Zumba, running, and lifting) and eating super healthy/clean and mostly paleo.  I did three rounds  of Whole 30 and lost and kept off about 70 lbs over 2 years.  I was hoping to stick with it when I got pregnant but I was so sick 1st trimester (and actually pretty much the whole time) it was hard to work out and most healthy food was disgusting to me.  I just never really got back into it.  

? 7 weeks 2 days

? Go for more walks and eat healthy.

3: How was your last week? It was ok...walked to the playground near our house a few times.  Pushing a baby in a carrier and a 5 year old in our stroller is a pretty good workout!  Most of my meals have been pretty healthy and I haven't really been eating junk.

? Had my 6 week PP appointment so I'm good to go.

DS is going to my family's beach house this weekend with my mom and sister so we will just have the baby at home.  I think I might leave her with DH and go wander around Target by myself for awhile tomorrow.

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?
    I am thinking about unfreezing my gym membership soon (froze it when I was pregnant) and getting back to working out some but I've never been working out and breastfeeding with such a young baby.  When DS was this age I wasn't working out at all.  Since I have oversupply I probably shouldn't worry about supply but I still do of course! Haha!  Also just overall comfort of big milk filled boobs and working out. 

7: GTKY: brag away and tell us something (or things) random you were really good at in your past (or still are) /thing you were know for/an award you won, etc. 
    Hmmm...I picked up snowboarding when DH and I first got together.  He has been boarding since he was a teenager and if I wanted to see him on weekends in the winter I had to learn!  I think I am pretty good at it for starting in my mid twenties and only doing it for about 11 years.  I love it and it's always so hard to miss a season when I'm pregnant.  I can't wait to get back to it next winter! 
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @npaulie & @jenny0228!!

Welcome @IloveAlbert!! sounds like you had an awesome fitness routine going before baby & are already doing great with eating healthy again!
    Pregnancy Ticker