December 2017 Moms
Options

VBAC Thread

I didn't see a VBAC thread yet, are any other mamas that will be attempting a VBAC?  

Re: VBAC Thread

• Options
    I've talked to my doctor about it but it's so early, I haven't made a decision. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dkizz82 said:
    Well congrats for considering it!  It's a big decision but I'm pretty hell bent on it. I hope it goes well. I'm going to talk to the doc about nitrous oxide instead of an epidural. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dkizz82 said:
    Well congrats for considering it!  It's a big decision but I'm pretty hell bent on it. I hope it goes well. I'm going to talk to the doc about nitrous oxide instead of an epidural. 
    DD was taken because of my blood pressure going up at 38 weeks and not coming down. But before then he had told me that I would probably need a c section anyway because I have extremely narrow hip bones. 
    So, he told me it might be a possibility. I just don't want to labor for hours and hours and then he still have to do the c section because the baby is stuck. 

Good for you! I hope you're able too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BabyWnumbertwo Did your epidural stop your labor?
  • Options
    @BabyWnumbertwo Did your epidural stop your labor?
     I pushed for two hours and he didn't go down through the birth canal at all.  He hadn't made any progress and I think it's because I wasn't pushing properly due to the epidural and not moving around. 
  • Options
    Ahhh gotcha. I absolutely loved my epidural so I was curious about your experience. 
  • Options
    I'll be trying,  but if I get GD again, and need induced,  I may do a repeat. 14 hours of labor to need a csection, sucked.  
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    AFrye0726 said:
    I'll be trying,  but if I get GD again, and need induced,  I may do a repeat. 14 hours of labor to need a csection, sucked.  
    This is my fear. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I went 32 hours into a c section. DD never dropped. My doctor doesn't do vbac because the hospital isn't big enough and the closest one is an hour away and I don't want to go there
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    aspjeaspje member
    I had a VBAC with my 3rd baby (my 2nd was my c-section). My water broke at home and after 12 hours of nothing happening, I was given pitocin. Pitocin sucks and I was exhausted after being up all night, so I got an epidural 2 hours later. My son was born almost 3 hours after that. It couldn't have gone better!
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a VBAC this time around. First time was a C-section because the twins were getting too big and DD was breech... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    I'm hoping, but I actually don't think they will let me because my pregnancies haven't been a year apart.  We don't meet with the OB until May 26, so I'll ask him about it then. I'm pretty sure it'll be a no though.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @drablnd the hospital nearest to me doesn't do VBACs either so I'll be driving 45 minutes to a hospital
  • Options
    @BabyWnumbertwo I thought about it but I've heard so many horrible things from the hospital that does them plus I'm in love with my ob so I'm ok with a repeat c section instead of worrying and stressing out over a new ob and new hospital 
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    This will hopefully be my second VBAC. If any moms are considering vbac and need some advice or support, I'd love to help. I was an ICAN leader in Florida before moving to Houston last year.
  • Options
    I'd like to try for a VBAC, but my son's birth was very traumatic so I'm not sure how I will feel when it gets closer.  I definitely will not be going past my due date though so I'd need to go into labor naturally before then for me to even consider trying.
  • Options
    drablnd said:
    I went 32 hours into a c section. DD never dropped. My doctor doesn't do vbac because the hospital isn't big enough and the closest one is an hour away and I don't want to go there
    My DD also would not descend, so I had a c-section. I was considering VBAC, but apparently the practice my doc is a part of had a couple bad experiences with uterine rupture so none of the docs in their practice do VBAC. I don't want to switch, so I guess it's repeat c-section for me!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017