1st Trimester

Random thoughts of Miscarriage

drake007drake007 member
edited April 2017 in 1st Trimester
I'm on week 6 bearly and I feel at least once a day I find myself thinking and hoping to just make it past the first trimester. :# 

Re: Random thoughts of Miscarriage

• drake007 said:
    I'm on week 6 bearly and I feel at least once a day I find myself thinking and hoping to just make it past the first trimester. :# 

QFP

Not sure why you'd be thinking about that unless you have a history of miscarriages.

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're having anxiety, OP. Whether or not you have a history of losses, all the info about miscarriage can be overwhelming. It may be helpful to step away from Google or certain threads which will make you anxious.

I hope you're able to focus on all the positives happening and enjoy the first trimester. I know it's easier said than done, but unless you have a concrete reason to worry, try not to think about all the "what ifs."
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have that on my mind too. This is my first pregnancy and we conceived through IVF as we used testing to screen out my genetic disorder. I have no reason to believe I have anything to be concerned about as fertility wise I have been given the clear. Still, this early on DH keeps reminding me it happens (I think its just a worry for him too). He is big on stats lol and is focused on that I think. I am only 4 weeks along. I think some of us are just natural worriers. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety  years ago so worrying is second nature to me :P just deep breaths and try to think of what could go right instead!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Married Since June 2, 2012 Bookworm, Librarian, Wife

- Concieved Through IVF and PGD to screen out genetic disorder (Neurofibromatosis 1)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man i was just thinking of this! I also suffer from anxiety and it was really bad with my first LO. I have no history of loss (a scare once) but i totally get it when your mind starts spirialling! 

Try to do something to get your mind out of it and a deep breath. You're not alone! Hang in there! 
  • I totally get it... I stress about it constantly without a history. One thing that has helped me is to look at statistics. In fact, if you go to the December Month Club 2017, you'll find a moderately reassuring post someone put titled "Chances of not having a miscarriage." Hope you find some peace! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Sorry you are worried about loss. MC never honestly crossed my mind during TTC. **TW**Then, a few days after my first BFP, I had a chemical pregnancy.**TW** I then became consumed with the fear of another loss. 

I am now 10w4d and while all signs point to healthy pregnancy (great U/S at 8 weeks, no bleeding/cramps, etc), I still have anxiety about it. It's something you just deal with day by day. 

Even though you haven't experienced loss, doesn't mean you never will, sadly. Best thing to do is say to yourself, "Today, I am pregnant" and take pregnancy one day at a time.
  • @dragonfly87-2 -I am right there with you.  I also had a *TW* chemical pregnancy after my first BFP. *TW* I did IVF, so with the the early monitoring I knew every step of the way.  I am now 10 weeks 1 day and still worry.  I also have anxiety.  I went to the OB for the first time yesterday, but they didn't do much.  I met the dr. and he checked my uterus, saying it was good.  They can't do an ultrasound while I am still getting them at the fertility dr. and their doppler doesn't hear heartbeats until 11-12 weeks.  I feel so needy because I had an ultrasound last week, but I am used to having them now!  Heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks and 9 weeks.  I will have another ultrasound Wednesday, which seems so long.  I had blood taken today, which I find to be anxiety-producing, as my HCG is slowly dropping (last week and this week.)  They say it's normal for that to happen at this time, so then why check it and freak us out?  Even the nurse said she doesn't know why they check it.  The estradiol went up a little, but my progesterone is lower (51.50, which is the lowest it's been!)  Again, they said it's normal because they like it at least 30 or 40.  So, what am I still a googling mess???
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• ishmoneyishmoney member
    edited May 2017
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • drake007 said:
    This is why I came to this thread...cause I just started thinking about this today.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings!  Went to Dr. Google and started thinking about chemical pregnancies and testing daily.  I am appreciative of everyone's supportive words.  As someone who's not been pregnant before, you don't know what to expect so your mind can take you places.  That's why it's important to have these spaces to talk!  I will be praying!!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker