December 2017 Moms
Options

Remote Announcements - help!

Hey ladies, it seems like there should already be a thread on here, but I didn't see it.

We planned to tell our parents at 12 weeks because I've been getting so twitchy and nervous, but we ended up telling them last week (at 5 weeks, ACK!).

Now we have three siblings - each - to tell, and they aren't all nearby. I've got a bro in Alberta, Tennessee, and Arizona (I'm in PA). They are not very mushy, so I'd probably just do a phone call.

As for my DH's family... they are all super close, and all his siblings are going to be here at the end of May... a little early, but it's perfect to have everyone all together, and the timing couldn't be much better. Problem? *We* will be in England.

I kind of want to tell them while they are all together... but I'm not sure how? Skype? Letters? Have mom and dad tell them? I'm fishing for brainstorming here, so I'll take all ideas! Or should I just wait 'til we're back and do separate phone calls then?
TCC since Feb 2013
No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
Type A personality, Type B body
First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Remote Announcements - help!

• Options
    P.S. Before IF, I used to dream about all the fun ways I could tell DH when we got a BFP. When I got my postive, I almost missed it because I assumed it was negative and didn't really look. I threw it in the trash and was like "wait...."

Ended up just blubbering my way down the stairs and snot-tear-drooling the words as best I could to my DH. Not quite what I planned, but, hey, it's our story  :)
    TCC since Feb 2013
    No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
    Type A personality, Type B body
    First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like the idea @vvitchhazel proposed.  Ill come back and post if I think of anything else good. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    I asked my family to skype with me. We just got a new house so I told them I wanted to give them a "tour" of the house. Then I showed them a mug with "Aunt Kelsey" on it. They didn't get it LOL but eventually they understood and it was fun. I would have loved to tell them in person but, like your situation, we are all spread across the country. 

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    I think something in the mail could be really cute!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @afternoonduck, your "announcement" is very similar to how I told DH. I thought I was going to do something cute and wait to tell him until it had been a few days and I was "sure"....but as soon as I saw it I woke him up crying, and he quickly fell back asleep.  
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3