June 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 4/25

edited April 2017 in June 2017 Moms
How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 4/25

• How far along are you? 
    34 Weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Cantaloupe, honeydew, butternut squash, large bag of Doritos
    Appointment updates? 
    Not this week
    I'm only comfy sleeping on my back now and any time I try to sleep on my side baby kicks and keeps me awake. C'mon baby... get with the program! Mom's trying to get these last few weeks of sleep and encourage you to be/stay facing my back!!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm totally over people telling me "Oh! You're so close now!" Um no... 6-8 weeks of discomfort does not feel close. You're not making me feel better. Go get me a milkshake and go away!
    GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult?
    My childhood hero was my Mom. She was so sweet and caring and smart. I wanted to be just like her.
    Then I grew up and started to see cracks in that perfection. That was hard. I'd still say I want to emulate many things about her, without feeling the desire to be just like her. 

• How far along are you? 33w

How big is baby? celery

Appointment updates? I had a follow up with the dietitian for my gestational diabetes. They've put me on glyburide (sp?) to see if it helps regulate my numbers and to keep little guy from being so big. At the ultrasound this morning they said he's 5.8lbs!!! I know it's an estimate but oh my I'm growing a giant, lol. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? My mom & grandma (mom's mom). They are both strong independent women. They love/loved their kids/grandkids with everything in them. They make/made time for each of us. Sadly my granny passed a few years ago from alzheimers. They are/were no where near perfect and that's ok. No one is perfect. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mkrelmkrel member
    How far along are you? 
    33 Weeks
    How big is baby? 
    A ferrett
    Appointment updates? 
    Nothing until the 5th
    I'm having more reflux and general discomfort 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Nothing I can think of
    I always looked up to my grandma. She passed away when I was 16, but spent a lot of time with us. She had such a fun loving and laid back personality and I like to think that I take after her. 
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? I suck at keeping track. I think 3.5 pounds

Appointment updates? His heartbeat was strong and he is in "V" position, butt down as of Thursday. Also, two of the MFM doctors quit so I am nervous to see what happens next week when I go there. 

Any new symptoms or changes? My back is killing me and definitely stronger, bigger movements. My students can see him kick through my shirt LOL

Rants/Raves/Questions? I love feeling him move. I find it reassuring for my anxiety. 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? My hero was my Dad growing up. He was just "my person". The one who got me and seemed the most like me. I don't really have a hero now. (my Dad passed away when I was 12) 

• I think it's SO neat to see that we all looked up to family members!

@ teacher mom: that's scary about the 2 MFMs leaving. How many are sill in the practice? Have you met the remaining one(s)? 

• How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? I've given up on these comparisons

Appointment updates? Nothing until next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Just feeling big, achy, and tired.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? This is a good one, I'll have to think about it...
  • @silliegirlie143 There is one left and one of the doctors who was there when I had my daughter 3 years ago came out of retirement to help out. He was also the one who missed the knot in DD's cord though so I am not happy. My OB has been really diligent though and he said he will really go through every pic to double check DS is OK when he gets them from MFM

• How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? the size of a basketball hoop

Appointment updates? 

Any new symptoms or changes? I busted a vein on my belly from coughing/doing too much... it's so incredibly painful! It feels like I pulled a muscle in my stomach and just moving hurts, but I know it's just the vein. Changing positions at night; I feel like a whale. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Yessss to you @silliegirlie143 !! People telling me "you're ready to pop" ummmmm no, I still have over a month... back off! I'm clearly hormonal but want to kill like everyone. 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? my sister is 16 years older and growing up she was by far the greatest person in my eyes and I wanted to be just like her. Once I became an adult I noticed how different our lifestyles are, I still love her but she's no longer my idol. 
  • How far along are you?  - EM is 33 weeks!

How big is baby? - a fanny pack, loaf of bread, size 10 boat shoe

Appointment updates? - appointment on Friday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? - I think it was my mom.  Now, I'm not sure.  That's a hard one!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• I thought about the hero now question. She is not my hero, but DD is at the perfect age where she speaks her mind about things that are clearly wrong without the need for politeness yet. I envy that part sometimes. She still sees things through unjaded eyes! I want that back

• How far along are you? 33 weeks.

How big is baby? a ferret! 

Appointment updates? 34 week checkup next Wednesday.

Any new symptoms or changes? No; just typical pregnancy aches and discomforts! I was actually much more uncomfortable by this point with DS. I haven't even had to start wearing pantiliners at night yet this time around. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am tired of chilly weather. I do not want to wear anything but tank tops and shorts or maxi dresses. Leggings are the devil and jeans are out of the question! 

GTKY: Who was your hero growing up? Is it the same person now that you're an adult? Growing up, it was Laura Ingalls Wilder :lol: I do not have one now. I cannot think of a family member that I have ever respected that much!