September 2017 Moms

Second time mom nursery decoration question

Hello,

Soon to be second time mom, and first time ever posting on a forum. I have one son who's 2 1/2 and have another boy on the way. I don't want to overhaul the nursery, but I do have a shadow box frame in there for my first son, and I'd like to do another for this one. We did board game themed last time since my husband and I are big about board games, but I've never been big about repeating myself.
Does anyone have ideas for another shadow box theme, and/or should I get over this repeating thing and do another board game one?
Another question, if you can think of other game pieces that involve letters and numbers, I'll be all about that too. I'd totally be fine with doing another game one that uses different pieces.
Anyway, I added a picture of our first's frame. It looks big here, so sorry if it's huge in the posting. Thanks for your help!

Re: Second time mom nursery decoration question

• Hello there! Since this is your first time ever posting on a forum, first of all welcome! We have a thread up top for all of our introductions so you can get to know us as well, and we've also got a thread called Read this first that should help you get a feel for our board!

I like the game board idea, I can't think off the top of my head another one that deals with letters or numbers though! Maybe you could do a theme like the game of life? 
  • Hello! Welcome to our board. I love your first shadow box! Is there any other interests you and your husband share that you could make into a theme? Also, I like @wyomama0427's idea of the game of Life theme.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Boggle has letters on the game pieces. You could use those.
  • Also, I know you weren't interested in overhauling your whole nursery, but the nursery thread we have close to the bottom of this page called "Nursery Inspo" has a lot of great ideas for themes you could look at!
  • That is super cute! Maybe you could do a sports theme for this one? Or just stick with games and use boggle letters instead of scrabble tiles? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like this! Very cute! 
  • This is so creative and cute! It would be hard to give another idea without knowing what other interests you have. Though I agree, using different games would be a good way to get something similar without exactly copying.

We live on the coast and are big time fisher people...I may copy part of this for a shadow box with a fish on the line and baby's birth facts written on tackle.
  • Welcome to our board. What about a word search or crossword puzzle?

• DPandMB said:
    Welcome to our board. What about a word search or crossword puzzle?
    Oooohhhh the crossword puzzle! That would be cute
  • Maybe get Scrabble Junior pieces or boggle like PP stated. I am repeating our nursery and theme. We got neutral bedding for the reason we could do this and save some money the second time around. 
  • Very cute idea! Monopoly has some fun themes within it that could be fun to build off of? Looove the scrabble idea too. 
  • Thank you all very much for the welcomes and ideas! My coworker also recommended bananagrams, which coincidentally is big with husband's family. I like adding Life to it too! 
  • What about using books (picture books and novels)? Lots of letters and numbers and fun pictures. You could do popups to add dimension.