Infertility

April IUI

Re: April IUI

• @lindyc13 - I'm sorry. :( Sending you big hugs.
  • @lindyc13
    I'm so very sorry. That is so difficult! Thinking of you. 
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    ttc with TI June 2016 - Nov 2016 = BFN 
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    •  Mar 2017 - IUI #2, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  April 2017 - IUI #3, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    •  May 2017 - IUI #4, 100mg Clomid (cd 3-7) | BFN
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • April 2017 - Baby Boy Beckett was born. 
    • August 2019 - FET, transferred one day 5/6 embryo | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great news about the u/s, @funkykey! Good luck with the IUI!
  • Irisheyes81 my AMH was 0.4 when tested 1.5 years ago.  My FSH has been in normal to high range from 7-9. I still have to do research on IVF but hoping RE will explain more.  I am scared to go down that route and it is out of pocket but we want to get pregnant. 

@lindyc13 Hugs, I am sorry to hear that.

• @funkykey Woohoo! Good luck to you tomorrow!!! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @funkykey That is great news! FX for you!
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016
    Nov 2016 dx male infertility - intermittent azoospermia during intercourse & unexplained

•  Dec 2016 - IUI #1 | cd 30/10 dpiui: BFP | 8w4d: MC by D&C due to blighted ovum
    • June 2017 - IVF #1, 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 high quality blasts chillin'. During retrieval, Dr. had to go through my uterus so we switched from fresh transfer to frozen. Giving my uterus a full cycle to heal.
    • August/September 2017 - Natural FET #1, transferred one day 5/6 embryo on Sept 3rd, Beta #1 171, Beta #2 402.6 | Saw heartbeat at 6 weeks, 3 days | BFP
    • December 2019 - Diagnosed with low AFI of 3.41 on 12/3, cause unknown. No tear in membranes, no issues with Baby Girl. On bedrest.
  • IlkyIlky member
    @funkykey Good luck! My doctor never did an estradiol test. I'm now wondering why. I also had 3 follicles on the right and one on the left. The one on the left did not ovulate even though it was 24mm. Although I did feel pain than night, maybe it just ovulated later than the other 3, not sure. But, the nurse said having a follicle with no egg (cyst) is very common and not to worry.

Also, I'll be doing my beta test on May 7, can you update your chart? it will be 14 dpiui plus I'm traveling for work on that Monday, so we booked it to Sunday. Fingers crossed for all of us! :)
  • Alright, official numbers for follies were 26.85mm, 27.57mm, 20.78mm, and my lining was 11.5. 

Of all the IUIs we've done, I'm feeling like this one is our best bet. 

We're unexplained, though for a while, I've suspected the issue is on my side - mostly because my mom also had trouble. Everything looks good, every time - my AMH is fine, DH's numbers are good, I respond well to the medications, etc. And yet, every time, it's BFN, and the doctors are like: "How curious! Hm. Let's try this instead!" 

So I know not to get too caught up with the numbers and the stats - I know tons of women get KU-ed with worse numbers, fewer follies, and a lower AMH, or thinner lining. Probably, what's causing our IF is something entirely different - like, something in my eggs themselves, that they can't even test for.

But it's hard not to feel hopeful, you know? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm really feeling like this is the strongest shot we've had yet, of all 19 or 20 times we've tried to date. 
  • @funkykey Those numbers are fantastic! Rooting for you!
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016

• @JaeJayStark - IF is a form of hell, for real. I really hope that all of us triumph over this soon. And that when we do, we slam the door and never look back!  B)
  • @funkykey, those numbers are great, good luck!
  • @funkykey FX for you!! Your numbers looks wonderful!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Sending you big hugs @lindyc13

Yay for good news @funkykey.

I'm going for a cd12 follie check tomorrow morning (which is probably pointless because nothing happens with me until at least cd15) and will probably have my IUI early May. Not sure if I can be added to the chart or if I should wait until there's a May IUI. But best of luck to everyone in waiting <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @funkykey That's awesome!  praying this is it for you!

Ok ladies, i need your opinion on what the heck I should do.  I had my ultrasound today and I have the following follies: 17, 14.3, and 13.9 on the right.  And 17, 17, 14 on the left.  So, that's 3 mature and 3 almost/could be.  She wants me to trigger tonight and have TI (decided against IUI bc of risk of high order multiples).  What would yall do?  I'm terrified of more than 2 babies.  I am still waiting on my E2 and hoping that will give some clarity, but not sure.  Help me!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• @Funnygirl34 I would go for it with 3 mature. If you trigger tonight your almost follies might grow 1 or 2 more, which might or might not be mature. Of course, it's your uterus. Good luck!! FX for one baby!

I wish mine would grow, dammit! I have lots of small ones, but no growers yet. Last IUI cycle I had one dominant follicle that made it to 17 before I started to surge on my own. 
  • IlkyIlky member
    @Funnygirl34 Personally, I've been TTC for so long, I'll take multiples anytime over BFN. I guess I'm also assuming most of the times not all of the embryos make it. Before we started IUI, I thought about it long and hard, and I decided if I was meant to have multiples I'll have multiples no matter how. 
  • megmac2010@Ilky

I just got my E2 back... 527.  That means probably only 2 are mature right?  Maybe I will go ahead with it.  Thoughts?!  How accurate is E2?

• @Funnygirl34 I would go for it. I have had IUIs with multiple follies and haven't gotten preggers yet. The chances are still pretty low but I totally get it that you are concerned with having multiples. @wabash15 is a mom of multiples. Maybe she can help.

As for me, it's 10dpiui and I still have negatives. Starting to get super disappointed. I'm struggling for sure. 
    *TW*
    me 36  |  him 42 | 
     married 5/2016

• IlkyIlky member
    @Funnygirl34 I never got E2 tested, but this cycle I had 4 mature follies (around 24mm) and we went ahead and did IUI. Doctor wasn't even concerned. 
  • IlkyIlky member
    @JaeJayStark hang in there. It's still to early. But, I know the feeling. I hope you get your healthy BFP soon!
  • @Funnygirl34 - I would go for it. With that E2 I'd do an IUI for sure, even. The odds of triplets or more are so, so low! Exciting! FX for you!

@JaeJayStark - hang in there!

• @lindyc13  Sending hugs and support from afar. So sorry. 

@llky keep me posted on this month with the progesterone. Sounds like it was pretty miserable. 

@funnygirl34 I'd go for it but it's obviously up to you.  Anything could happen but I would for sure do it. What CD do they check E2? It sounds like a lot of us don't get tested and I would like to know! I am getting a progesterone blood test 7dpiui. Is that too late for E2?

Imajin99 I'm right there with you. The thought of IVF is terrifying but at the same time, it might just make sense as a next step.  I have terrible PCOS so my AMH was 36.  No idea what the real egg reserve actually is. 

@Funkykey Great numbers!!!!!!! wow! That is super encouraging.

@Jaejaystark love you girl.
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Thanks so much ladies!  I think we'll go for it, but might stick with time intercourse.  My husband doesn't have sperm issues, so I feel good about that decision.

Irisheyes81 They will only test estrogen on injectable cycles.  I don't remember the reasoning, but for some Clomid/Femara affects the results so they don't monitor it.

• Okay- just heard from nurse- right side has follicle 23 and left side has 2 small ones- so they are going to be putting me on meds to prevent ovulation until they can get the 2 on left to grow more and having me do 2 more days of gonal-f. I am a little apprehensive and hope this doesn't mess up my cycle. Back in 2012 it was my left tube that was blocked and now from a different test they are saying the right side is blocked.
  • @Funnygirl34 with that E2 number I would guess 2 follicles. My E2 was almost that high during my last cycle and I only had 1.

If it were me, I would go ahead with the IUI. Whatever decision you make will be the right one! I'll be thinking of you! Can't wait to hear news of a bfp! 
  • I just triggered!  They wanted me to use a 1/4 dose (2500iu) of the HCG trigger.  I think because of how many follicles they are concerned about OHSS.  Anyone else have to do a reduced dose?

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited April 2017
    @Funnygirl34 Yay!!! FX for you! 

@bpietronicco Thinking of you...that's great they are working to get your smaller follicles larger. In March, I felt the Dr triggered too early and didn't give my 2 smaller ones a chance to catch up. I wish they would have given me that chance, I'm sure your dr knows what they are doing :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• IlkyIlky member
    @Funnygirl34 they gave me 10,000iu on my first IUI and I had two follicles. This time I had 4 mature follicles and they reduced the trigger shot dose to 5,000iu. 
  • Well, if this month doesn't work I think we will be taking a break. We had an appointment with my doctor today and he is referring us on to IVF. He won't do anymore treatments. And we totally can't afford that yet I don't think. See what they say at the consult for the new place I guess. 
  • #Ilky How long after the half dose did you ovulate?  I wonder if it'll take longer..?

• IlkyIlky member
    @Funnygirl34 I triggered at 9am on Saturday and ovulated around 4pm on Sunday. It was just 5 hours earlier than my last cycle when I triggered with full dose. 
  • Ladies, I have a very good feeling about this next couple of weeks! Hoping for BFPs for all! :D 

@Irisheyes81 - I'm assuming you meant your AMH was .36 ? 36 seems crazy high!

@Funnygirl34 & @Ilky - hm. When I had 4 crazy big follicles, they gave me 10,000iu of the trigger ("Pregnyl" was the specific brand), but yesterday with my 3, they gave me 5,000iu.

I'd thought they gave me such a high dose before because they wanted all my follies to rupture, and to reduce the risks of cysts - but now that I think about it, that was a totally uneducated assumption. I have no idea why the dosages were different.

@baseballhoney - FX for you this month! But I totally understand taking a break before IVF - I know you are young too. I was saying to my nurse today that I'm keen to move on to IVF in part because I'm getting older, and she was like: "You're 32! You don't have to rush too much!" which was nice to hear. Anyway, maybe taking a year and having a chance to save isn't the worst thing - if you were 35, I'd be like: "F*ck it, wrack up some debt."
  • Hm, interesting thought funkykey

Does anyone know what does cause cysts from treatment?

• @Funnygirl34 - I think it's when the follicles don't rupture. Eventually the egg will die, but if the follie doesn't rupture, it just stays on the ovary as a cyst. 
  • @funkykey I wrote it right, AMH is 36.  It doesn't mean I have the highest egg count in the history of ovaries; it means I have a sh!t ton of follicles that secrete antimullerian hormone.  AMH is not a good measure of egg count in pcos.  36 is the highest that my RE has ever seen.   It went from 24 to 36 in one month. I will be on BC for the rest of my life after children.  

@Heidiisboss FX! Hopefully it goes super smoothly. 

@baseballhoney it seems like a different RE is a smart play.  FX for this cycle! 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Oh man @Irisheyes81 - that is actually a sh!tton of follicles!!! Like, more than I even thought was possible to have.