December 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms - 4/25

Re: Weekly Randoms - 4/25

• Does anyone have a pregnancy calendar app or site that they love?

DH and I are thinking of planning on a vacation and I'd like to plan it based on how pregnant I am, and I know I can map it out myself... but... I don't wanna haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • pandawarespandawares member
    edited April 2017
    I have a very simple calendar printed out and clipped to the front door. I think it's from justmommies.com. 

ETA: https://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy_calendar.php
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What are everyone's thoughts on optional screening/tests? They gave me a big list of tests I can opt to have done and I have to let them know next week. I am leaning towards not doing any of them, but I want to see what everyone else is doing!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• NME44NME44 member
    @ktcakes87, I think it depends if the results would change anything for you. I've never bothered bc I'm not high risk and the results wouldn't influence any decisions for me.
  • I'm in the same boat as @NME44 - I'm not high risk so I don't feel a need to get the screenings done.  Also I'm cheap and most of those screenings aren't generally covered under insurance 

AFM I'm debating between finishing a crocheted stuffed bear for a friend (that I really should try to have done by tomorrow when I see her) and taking a nap. The nap is starting to pull ahead in the race.
  • I would find testing useful, but I'm a cheapskate. I would terminate if a seriously debilitating condition were discovered that would negatively impact quality of life for the baby and the rest of the family. But for conditions like trisomy 21, it would be helpful to know ahead of time so I could prepare myself for its special needs.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rachswi I love lying on my back and crocheting when I'm sleepy. I usually don't fall asleep, but my brain shuts down a bit. It's refreshing.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares thanks!

@ktcakes87 I am getting the NT scan (First Trimester Screen). It screens for risk of T13, T18 & T21 as well would detect any major physical deformities. If it were to come back with elevated risk for anything, I would have further testing done. I would plan on terminating if there were some debilitating "not compatible with life" condition discovered, though I realize that is one of those 'in the moment' decisions that you don't really know what you'll do until you're faced with the options. 
  • OK here's a random rant for you! I'm all about gender reveals and showers (I know reveals seem to be unpopular on here) so I'm typically all for extra celebrations. Howeverrrrrr..... my friend just texted a group of us who were all bridesmaids in a wedding last year that she would like to organize a push present for our pregnant friend for $75 per person. What??? Push presents are from husbands. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • OK here's a random rant for you! I'm all about gender reveals and showers (I know reveals seem to be unpopular on here) so I'm typically all for extra celebrations. Howeverrrrrr..... my friend just texted a group of us who were all bridesmaids in a wedding last year that she would like to organize a push present for our pregnant friend for $75 per person. What??? Push presents are from husbands. 
    bahahaha omg. Thats obscene. 
    Also... I'm still waiting on my push present for DS 15 months ago.... I don't think it's happening... And I pushed for 3 hours for craps sake!
  • @AMCsquared, so are you expected to also get her a baby shower gift, or is this "in lieu" of a shower?  If you don't want to participate, I would just say "That's a great idea but I already have something in mind for a gift"...and leave it at that. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • kvacmak said:
    @ktcakes87 I am getting the NT scan (First Trimester Screen). It screens for risk of T13, T18 & T21 as well would detect any major physical deformities. If it were to come back with elevated risk for anything, I would have further testing done. I would plan on terminating if there were some debilitating "not compatible with life" condition discovered, though I realize that is one of those 'in the moment' decisions that you don't really know what you'll do until you're faced with the options. 
    I agree with @kvacmak.  I had the NT scan with my son and will definitely be doing it again.  I know everyone's insurance is different, but it only cost me $25 last time so definitely worth it in my opinion.

@AMCsquared Wow, I've never heard of getting a push present for a friend.  That's crazy to me.  I would politely decline.
  • @AMCsquared $75 per person push present? What. The. Fuck? You know what my push present was? My amazing, beautiful, perfect daughter. I honestly hate the idea of push presents. And if my husband really felt the need to buy me something... Make it cheesecake. Thanks.

@ktcakes87 We plan on having the nuchal translucency scan done and then we'll have further testing (amnio, etc) done if the results warrant any. I'd love to find out the sex early if we were eligible for any of the blood genetic tests, but we don't really qualify and aren't willing to pay out of pocket. 

@kvacmak Same... We would also terminate if the baby was diagnosed with a condition that's not compatible with life.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For those of you who have had your first appointment - did you bring your SO?  I don't know what to expect and if we actualy see anything, or if it's just boring tests/etc. 
  • ktcakes87 said:
    What are everyone's thoughts on optional screening/tests? They gave me a big list of tests I can opt to have done and I have to let them know next week. I am leaning towards not doing any of them, but I want to see what everyone else is doing!
    My doctor doesn't even offer them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone else solved the issue of not being able to post pics? When I click on the picture icon, it doesn't drag all down to give me the option for posting. My mobile is an android if that makes any difference.
    Wow! That's all i can say. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • breezybee said:
    For those of you who have had your first appointment - did you bring your SO?  I don't know what to expect and if we actualy see anything, or if it's just boring tests/etc. 
    not for my OB visit but for my ultrasound. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Has anyone else solved the issue of not being able to post pics? When I click on the picture icon, it doesn't drag all down to give me the option for posting. My mobile is an android if that makes any difference.
    I have a Google Pixel and I'm having the same issue. Mobile is pretty lousy. Can't GIF either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @breezybee my first appointment will include and US so DH will definitely be there.... you could ask your doc what is included in the first appointment. I would probably bring him along because if there is any chance you'll hear/see the HB its a magical moment you'll want to share!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• breezybee said:
    For those of you who have had your first appointment - did you bring your SO?  I don't know what to expect and if we actualy see anything, or if it's just boring tests/etc. 
    Call your OB. Sometimes you'll get an ultrasound. I brought my DH to mine b/c we were having one. But not every first appt does an ultrasound

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @wabash15 AAAAAHHHH That made me get a little teary :)
  • Had my first appt today! Baby is measuring 5w5d; I was figuring 6w2d, but hopefully everything is on track. They said baby looks good and heartbeat looks good (though the doppler was broken, so we didn't really get to hear it :-( )We're going out of town in May, so my next appt is bumped up and I get another u/s, since this was so early. Excited to see baby again so soon. 

Also found out my dr's practice has a policy against VBAC, which I didn't know. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but I guess we'll be going with another CS for sure. At least that means baby will arrive not as close to Christmas (they plan to do it a week before my due date).And fewer pelvic exams!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • jfritschie  - Mobile has been not working for about a week - maybe two weeks - now.  No idea why, but it's way less fun without the ability to gif.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
     No.  Just no.  I hope this does not become a thing lol. That's craziness! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

I've spoke with the TB tech twice about it and they are working on an update to fix this issue...but it's been like this for almost 2 weeks now.  We will have to have a gif party thread when it's back up and running 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• I am not decided on which genetic screenings I will be getting. I would like the harmony or materniT21 test but I have to wait to discuss it at my next appointment on the 12th. I am not high risk, but one of my DS had false positive with the traditional screening for neural tube defects. While with additional testing the odds lowered the possibility, there was still a lot additional testing and counseling that went along with it. I don't regret having the test done, but if there is another option that can hone in on more accurate statistics I'll pay higher $$ to have the clearer answers up front. Nothing negative came from the false positive last time, other than months of "waiting games" and "what ifs", and I'd like to avoid that this time if the opportunity is there. 
  • No @ameliabedelia-2 it's in addition to!!! The shower already happened last month. 

@vvitchhazel your response made me laugh ha!

So that message was sent to us all like 9 hours ago and 0 responses have been sent in the thread lol.
  • edited April 2017
    @AMCsquared, so let me understand this....she wants to buy a $750 "push present" for a friend? So.fuckin.weird.

edited....I thought you said she sent it to 9 people! Now is see it's 9 hours
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @AMCsquared Haha That's very weird. A push present is supposed to be just from the husband. Like, hey friend, I'll bring you dinner after you have your baby, but I'm not getting you another effing gift, ok?
  • Flame suit on:

my random is why does EVERYTHING have to go in a thread? If someone is genuinely concerned with something, let's say minor bleeding, why do they have to post it in the symptoms thread for it to pretty much get lost in the shuffle? It makes me very uncomfortable with ever wanting to start a thread because I'm afraid I'll get pounced on for not filing it in the right place.

I understand the need for organization and not having 18 of the same threads, but considering how early most of us are, I think that will come with time. At least that's how it felt with my last BMB.
    Carry on.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also. A push present is from the SO, not the friends lol. Although if my best friend turns out to be pregnant with me, knowing us, we will motivate each other with Starbucks and donuts because that's been our thing for nearly 20 years. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited April 2017
    Am I the only one that doesn't think a push present is necessary? Even from a spouse, I find it odd. That being said, a small gesture is nice and sweet but diamonds and expensive materials are absurd to me.

I had a false positive and hard markers with DS for Downs. I was overly prepared and he came out perfectly healthy (not stating Down Syndrome children are not healthy,  just that he didn't have it). I will get all the testing I can because my insurance covers genetic testing for AMA amd high risk mama's with 0 out of pocket.

ETA : There were some women in my old bump group that cried and got upset when they didn't get a push present. I totally side eyed them.
  • @acgonzalez22 yes! I was SO confused when I heard that push presents were a thing. Like.. you're getting a beautiful baby out of the deal..? Isn't that enough? Just give me a bottle of wine and we'll call it even  :D
  • @ameliabedelia-2 you are actually right with that number too! 9 of us are on the thread!
  • @sdLindenberg I totally agree!! My style of organization makes me want separate threads for separate issues.
  • I don't get push presents either. Also, we're having a baby which is expensive already so if DH bought me some crazy expensive gift I would probably panic.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020