Baby Names

3rd baby help

Still barely pregnant and already wanting to change the names we had set in stone.

We have Brennan Allen and Everett Richard (middle names after our fathers)

Originally for a girl it was going to be Melaina Charlotte (Charlotte is his grandma's name) but with Melania I am double guessing.

Alternative so far would be Charlotte Madelynn but it messes with the 7 letter thing and I feel like is too popular. 

Mine and my mother's middle name's are Lynn, so I like the idea of incorporating that somehow.  

Our boy name I'm still pretty happy with, Memphis Grady (Grady being his grandpa's name)  But even before we got pregnant we caught hell for that one.

Other names we've thrown out there:

Rosalie
Theodore
Garrett (yes too similar to Everett)
Lorelei 
Camille
Madelena
Adalie
Coralie
Harrison

I don't know, I'm lost and over thinking.  Any suggestions would be great.  I need a fresh set of eyes!  Thanks ladies.
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3rd baby help

• I like Rosalie, Lorelei and Camille best for your girl names. All would work with Charlotte as a middle name.

I like Theodore best of your boy names. 

As for suggestions

Ambrose
    Cordell
    Desmond
    Leonard
    Maurice
    Randall

• Harrison & Lorelai go best with your sibset

TBH I am NAF of Melaina or Memphis

I also like Charlotte Madelyn and Theodore

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited April 2017
    I'm not a fan of Memphis and Melaina just reminds me Melania Trump and it's something I think many will confuse and personally something I would avoid like the plague. 

I love Camille and Rosalie! 

Suggesting

Warren Grady
    Conrad Grady
    Russell Grady
    Patrick Grafy 
    Anton Grady
    Nathan Grady
    Ian Grady

• Memphis is terrible! yikes! 
    Theodore nn Teddy or Ted
    Harrison nn Harry (Love this so much) both are awesome names.
    Melaina is nice and under used. I would avoid Charlotte just because it is so popular.
    Magdalena nn Lena is lovely.
    My picks are Harrison Grady and Magdalena Lynn
  • Suggesting: Melinda Charlotte

Boy names I like Harrison or Theodore Grady out of your picks
  • Not Charlotte. Keep Charlotte as a mn. I like Rosalie, Lorelei, and Camille. Rosalie Charlotte is my favorite. Gorgeous name! For a boy, I like Theodore Grady or Harrison Grady much more than Memphis. Memphis is very trendy sounding.
  • I have a Theodore, and we love his name although many say it is becoming more popular. We are also considering Rosalie as a name for this baby, so I suppose I am a bit biased. I like Coralie which is similar to Cordelia, another girl's name on our list.
  • Melania Trump. Uuuggghhhh no. I would absolutely not do anything that would be associated with that family... 
    Madelynn Charlotte is nice. Like Rosalie and love Lorelei. Theodore is the best boy name for sure... 
  • Thanks for all the input ladies.

I totally agree with the Melaina and the trump association.. UGH not happening.

I also agree about Charlotte being too popular, but with his grandmother being his favorite person in his life, and her recently passing, I'm sure it is almost necessary if we have a girl.  

@Bringmemylongswordho Its funny you said Randall - that's DH's name

I love Theodore, but don't like Teddy, so that is my problem.  

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @AFrye0726 You don't have to NN a Theodore. This is our top name (33 weeks with a boy) and I do not plan to call him Teddy! Maaaaybe Theo, eventually, but I'm more likely to just call him by his full name. 
  • Rosalie and Theodore are my faves from your list. Theodore doesn't have to go by a nn  (and there's always Theo).

Suggestions:
    Magdalena
    Vivienne
    Juno
    Cecilia

Thaddeus
    Dashiell

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @AFrye0726 You don't have to NN a Theodore. This is our top name (33 weeks with a boy) and I do not plan to call him Teddy! Maaaaybe Theo, eventually, but I'm more likely to just call him by his full name. 
    Oh hey there! I forgot we have the same boy name picked out! *high five*

Although we would probably call him Theo from the beginning, and we are team green, so we may end up with a Clara instead...
  • AFrye0726 said:
    Thanks for all the input ladies.

I totally agree with the Melaina and the trump association.. UGH not happening.

I also agree about Charlotte being too popular, but with his grandmother being his favorite person in his life, and her recently passing, I'm sure it is almost necessary if we have a girl.  

@Bringmemylongswordho Its funny you said Randall - that's DH's name

I love Theodore, but don't like Teddy, so that is my problem.  

My 9 yr old is Theodore and I don't like Ted at all. We use Theo as a nn and rarely has anyone called him Ted, usually old people at church. I just say oh we're using Theo and that was the end of that. No problem. I find most people are respectful.

I like Camille best on your list so that each child has a double letter in their name. Subtle.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers