May 2017 Moms
Options

Mental Health Check In Week of 4/24

How's everyone feeling?

Re: Mental Health Check In Week of 4/24

• Options
    I'm at work just feeling kind of here but not here if that makes sense. I'm just over coming to work and not feeling great physically. I put my SI belt on this morning because my hip has been bothering me, which has inevitably freaked me out the past couple of days. At first it work up me almost like a cramp, but not really, more of an ache when I actually woke up and could figure out what was going on. Just kind of comes and goes. Probably hasn't helped that I've been having weird dreams about going into labor early so now I can't tell him the symptoms I was having in the dream are real or not! I'm a mess! Every little thing is making me feel like something is going on and I'm going into labor early...no real reason why. Is this normal? Sorry if this really should be in a different thread, feels like it could be in a couple of different ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 I know exactly how you feel. I'm overthinking every cramp and back ache and every other symptom. I have to keep reminding myself that I'll probably know when I'm actually going into labor (I hope!). Even if not really early on, but the time I'd need to go to the hospital, I should know what's going on. In the meantime, I just have to take everything in stride. It sucks, though...it's such a mental game right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Feeling completely drained and my day isn't even close to being over. I still have a lot of little things I need to get done before baby gets here and after being body slammed by DD I have no energy. I just want to take a nap, cry and be done with this whole thing. I am so over being pregnant and I am completely over feeling like the I'm the only one who actually does anything around here and gets it done right the first time.

@jayandaplus @BabyMC517 @starphish18 +1 to overthinking each ache and pain. After being in L&D from my fall I've felt like I'm constantly going to go into labor at any minute.
  • Options
    I usually just come in here to love tit but I have been really stressed out the last few days. 

My parents, specifically my dad, decided about 2-3 weeks ago that it would be a great idea to buy a new house and move there ASAP. Well, given the fact that my mom is supposed to be here for our baby's birth and stay with us for a month, that means that she is trying to pack the house that they have lived in for almost 20 years before she comes out. Whatever she doesn't get done, my dad will have to do by himself and get the move done. I know my mom is stressing and she basically told me that she will wait for my call to come out or will be here on Saturday (day before my due date) so now I feel like I can't call her early because I don't want her just sitting around when there are a million things to do back home but that also means that I could go into labor at any time and she might not be here to watch our children.

My brothers and their families live about an hour away from us so I know that if it was the middle of the day someone could come get our children as needed but if it's the middle of the night, I have no clue what we are going to do. The one friend that I would've felt comfortable asking to watch our children moved away recently and all of my other friends that live close by have young children too so I don't feel like I can really ask them! I am so stressing and have been in a pretty awful mood the last few days. I feel bad for DH because he gets the brunt of it and I can tell he is trying to stay out of my way right now. Ugh, I feel so bad! At this point, I just really, really need LO to hang on tight for a few more days or to give me as much advance notice as possible! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I can definitely agree with you ladies!
    I can't believe I have 5 weeks to go with all my aches and pains, with no room left. But alas, I will do whatever I need to to keep this baby cooking! 

@jayandaplus I'm sorry your uterus is irritable! Fingers crossed it calms down 
    @OmegaRose3 I'm sorry you feel like there is so much left to do, at least the baby doesn't really need much initially, so if you don't get to it, it's not the end of the world. 
    @vrj0522 Can you talk to your siblings about being on call at night? Would they be willing? If they have kids they might be more inclined to help
  • Options
    @vrj0522 So glad that things are working out! One thing I've noticed from this pregnancy being different than the last is there being a lot more stress about how going into labor will work out when you have other kid/s already
  • Options
    AAH! I can't stop stressing. Every ache and pain has me, literally, panicking. I'm getting my nails done today with a friend because I need the distraction, but I've been so crunchy granola this whole pregnancy I'm even doubting getting my nails done-- even though I have a special "low chemical, vegan and organic" (wtf, I know) nail polish. How do you force yourself to chill?