Secondary IF
Options

Beta #2= BFN. May just be one and done.

MammaZMammaZ member
edited April 2017 in Secondary IF
Just got the bad news.  Phone consult with RE on Wednesday to discuss next steps as I didn't have any embryos that made it to freeze this time around.  Of course DH is out of town for work until Wednesday night.  

We transferred a "beautiful" 5-day, grade 5AA hatching blast,  so I have many "what if" questions.   DH may be done with the trying,  though.  We may just be one and done.  So bummed right now. 
2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP 
FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN 
8/16: hysteroscopy for uterine polyp removal
11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another uterine polyp removal
FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 12/26/12: 845= BFP
u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...
IVF#3: ER 03/30/17; ET 4/4/17: transferred 1 grade 5AA embryo; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 4/13/17= 15; Beta #2: 4/17/17: BFN

Re: Beta #2= BFN. May just be one and done.

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear and I know exactly how you feel. Don't feel totally discouraged, I found that you think the most negative in that moment when you get the negative, but after some time you start to gain back the positive thinking again. I am somewhat still positive, I lost it a little yesterday, I had a nervous breakdown last month and had a short Ovulation cycle because of it. So now I'm trying my best in every way to keep thinking positive and finding ways to relax myself. On Friday I went to Target, I bought myself a lavender scented mask and a bath bomb (which I never get normally), we sent our son to his cousins for a few hours and I told my DH I'm taking a relaxing bath. So I used the mask and the bath bomb and he got me a drink and put some candles around the tub lol. The whole shebang. Take it one step at a time.
  • Options
    hi mammaz,
    I'm so sorry to hear your bad news.  I know it's tough.  We did IVF for male factor infertility and had success on only our second cycle that gave us our amazing little boy.   We were mistakenly under the impression that having another wouldn't be too hard and we had a good amount of frozen embryos that were did PDG testing on so honestly we thought it wouldn't be a terrible journey to success.  boy were we wrong.... I have done three FETs, December, February and april and all resulted in BFNs.   well I guess technically the first was a CP with a beta of 12...but ultimately a negative.   I'm at a total loss as to what to do...no advise from the RE other than keep trying, no reasons, no explanation.   I'm beyond frustrated and sad.   I hadn't even considered the possibility of being one and done, but I just don't know how much  more of the injections and the disappointment I can take.  I hope you get some good feedvback from your RE.   GOOD LUCK!!!