Infertility
Options

IVF and headaches

Hi I am new to this board and to the IVF process.  I had several rounds of IUI and never experienced any headaches.  Since, starting IVF I have had 2 migraines and mild daily headaches.  Tylenol does nothing for them and I have tried heat and ice.  Has other people experienced this?

Re: IVF and headaches

• Options
    I've gotten on/ off headaches throughout the process.  Not sure what was from the meds and what was from pregnancy, but I think it's normal.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Options
    What meds are you on? I've had pretty bad headaches the past week or so since starting Lupron and have heard lupron is notorious for headaches. Nothing really helped mine either unfortunately. Some days it's there and other days it's not. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks!  That is good to know.  I am on Lupron, Gonal and Menopur. 

• Options
    I saw something that said sticking your feet and hands in warm water with an ice pack on your neck will stop a migraine. It diverts the blood into your extremities and helps with that "pounding" sensation in your head to lessen.

I also diffuse essential oils- lavender, sage, chamomile.

I hope you get some relief soon!

Me 32 H 31
    Married 2013
    childhood cancer survivor - Ovarian Failure
    Donor Egg Recipient
    DE IVF# 1 May 2017 BFN
    DE IVF #2 June 2017 BFP 
    <3  Miscarriage @ 16 weeks Baby Boy Noah  o:) 

• Options
    I got daily headaches while on my stims for BIG. I was on Lupron, Follistim and Menopur. So not sure which one gave me the headaches. 
  • Options
    Hello! I didn't have any headaches during stimming, but since I've been on estrogen and progesterone for my first FET I have had a headache every single day. All those hormones pumping! All the best X
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions- I will certainly give them a try.  I went for blood work this morning and the nurse said that Lupron is known to produce headaches but now that I am on a lower dosage hopefully they won't be as intense.  We shall see :)
  • Options
    When I started lupron, I had terrible migraines. All I wanted to do was sleep. 
  • Options
    I had the worst migraine since Ive started my injections. I even through up, it was that bad.On top of that I'm always tiered and emotional
    Me: 30 DH: 38
    TTC since Fall 2015
    Unexplained
    1st IUI - Dec 31 2016 - BFN
    2nd IUI - Jan 28 2017 - BFN
    3rd IUI - Mar 2017 - BFN
    IVF - May
    1st FET - Jun 2017 -Cancelled 
    2nd FET - Aug 31 2017-Transferred 2 Sprinkles  
    BFP with one bean!
    <3

• Options
    Anybody able to tell me when their headaches started going away? Mine came on a few days in to my stims and only seem to be getting worse. I had my Retrieval today and I can't shake the headache no matter what. 

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

• Options
    My headaches seemed to stop once the Lupron was decreased