Babies on the Brain
Options

FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confessions!

I thought we'd celebrate Friday with an interruption to our regularly scheduled programming  :)

*pretend there is a funny gif here. DAMN MOBILE BUMP*

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I got married in 2010 and I never sent out all of my Thank You notes!!! Somewhere along the way I thought they were all sent but they definitely weren't. A lot of them. I feel guilty about it to this day and worry about asking a lot of the same people to come to a Baby shower someday  :( *embarrassed  smiley*
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses ugh! Same!!!! I have done this with baby gifts!!! My son is almost 9 months old and I still haven't given some thank yous to people who gave me gifts but didn't attend the shower. They gave me them after the shower so weren't included when I sat down to do them all from the shower and I just haven't gotten around to it. Is it too late?!  :/

TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB I think 9 months is still in the safe zone!!! I don't even want to acknowledge mine with people bc I'm so embarrased. Learn from me-- get them out now!! 
  • Options
    I wrote thank you notes to my husband's coworkers after our wedding and gave them to my husband to take to school. 6 years later when we sold our house I found them in his computer desk in the spare bedroom.  :s

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I'm super unorganized, but I am riduculous about sending thank you notes.  I write them almost immediately because I know I will forget if I don't.  On the flip side, I really would rather not get a thank you note from people.  LOL  If someone didn't send me a note, I would be completely fine.  Seems like a waste of paper.  If I attend a shower (baby or bridal), I would be fine if the person said thank you in person and didn't send a card.  It's not like I'm going to keep the thank you card.  :)

My FFFC: I hate the bachelor/bachelorette.  Anytime I hear a clip from either one, it irritates me.  The whole premise of a much of men or a bunch of women competeing for 1 person doesn't make sense to me.  I know it's a guilty pleasure for a lot of people.  I just don't see the appeal.  It's just me :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    add me to the list of being bad with thank you cards!  My best friends sister was actually upset I didn't send her one after she got me a gift for DD that came 2 weeks after she was born. Um, i was kinda busy?  *meh*

@JNCPro3130 The show has sucked me back in! I began watching again when Aaron Rogers brother was on in, and now its a bad habit again.  It is sooooo bad haha

AFM my FFFC: I do not not shower as often as society would want me to, however, I promise I don't smell.
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure why thank you cards are still a "thing", to be honest. They're a pain in the butt, especially if you have a lot to do, and I don't know anyone younger than 35 who actually gives a fluff about receiving them.

My FFFC: I watch Friends. Mainly just for background noise. I never watched it in the 90s, and I honestly find the show very problematic and particularly hate the whole Ross/Rachel nonsense. I think Ross is a chauvinistic, sexist, borderline abusive pig. Also am not a fan of the rampant homophobia and fat shaming. My husband was a big fan of it and then he started watching it with me and I started picking it apart. Now he can't un-see the issues with it, either, lol.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    I also find thank you notes annoying and only sent half of my thank you notes from my DD's baby shower. Whenever I give a gift to a new mom/dad I tell them that I don't want a thank you note because they have better things to do with their time.

My FFFC: I lurk the November 2017 board, a lot, but I find the December 2017 board a little boring.
  • Options
    I feel like I always think of good confessions throughout the week then forget them by Friday.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    You guys are making me feel so much better about the thank you notes! Ahhh! I will be sending you all thank you notes to thank you for making me feel better about not sending thank you notes  :#

@notthefather feel free to come back and update us next week if you think of something! Haha!

• Options
    + to not being good at sending thank you notes. I used to be awesome- not so much anymore 

I don't care if I get one back. The only thing is if I mailed it - I do like a got your package thanks text so I know it arrived
  • Options
    AFM my FFFC: I do not not shower as often as society would want me to, however, I promise I don't smell.
    @DeriveMyPi: I'm so glad I'm not alone in this!! I mean, I never smell bad, but showers are not a necessity on a daily basis....

FFFC: I am a Pinterest addict. Also, I am super bummed cause when I joined TB, I started lurking the LGBT Parenting board. There is NOTHING posted there. I am so thankful for the activity on this board!! 
  • Options
    I'm also not a daily showerer!  :D
  • Options
    @easttxmamas @UterusesBeforeDuderuses yay for other non daily showerers! Dry shampoo for the win  :D

i am also addicted to Pinterest. The amount of pins I have posted is truly ridiculous haha
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi: I just wear mine in a bun every day. If it's braided, it's clean. Otherwise it's up. I am terrified my students will give me lice. Seriously. 
  • Options
    @easttexasmomma - I am scared of the same thing. My head itches just thinking about it 
  • Options
    @easttexasmomma - I am scared of the same thing. My head itches just thinking about it 
    @glitzandglitter: seriously. My fellow teachers send me rude memes about it constantly. Hahaha
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi: I just wear mine in a bun every day. If it's braided, it's clean. Otherwise it's up. I am terrified my students will give me lice. Seriously. 
    So much this.  :s
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So much this.  :s
    @DeriveMyPi: my head is itching just talking about it... :neutral:
  • Options
    Ick! I do a lice treatment anytime a student is even suspected of having it because I get grossed out and can't stop itching!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There was lice in my kid's school recently and I became itchy as soon as I heard. When I was teaching and had kids with lice, it was the WORST.

• Options
    Lice are just evil little creatures.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi - dry shampoo saves my hair too. I try to wash it a only a couple times a week (to not strip the oils too much), but if I go two days without washing, my hair is Professor Snape levels oily. That's when I use dry shampoo. 
    @easttxmamas - tea tree oil! Find a shampoo with that in it. The lice avoid that. Blow drying hair also helps keep them away (they don't like it). 

My FFFC (does it count on a Monday?) is that I watch P. Allen Smith's garden home show on Saturdays. The only person in real life I know who knows what that show is is my SO's grandma. Lol. 
  • Options
    I want to amend my previous post. My tv viewing habits are perhaps a "quirky" confession, but not anything that can fan flames by admitting. (I just didn't think of a good FFFC at first). I'd like to say, flame free, that I really don't like it when people say "not to be political", or other forms of "don't talk politics" - yes even during holidays. Politics is my college major, but more importantly as a citizen of a democracy, civics (aka politics) should be as much part of my life as school, shopping, entertainment, work, etc. There isn't anything inherently "bad" about politics. Arguably, a lot of our day to day is political = "the personal is political". That said, I do believe that we should be kind to one another and listen while discussing political differences. 
  • Options
    @DeriveMyPi - dry shampoo saves my hair too. I try to wash it a only a couple times a week (to not strip the oils too much), but if I go two days without washing, my hair is Professor Snape levels oily. That's when I use dry shampoo. 
    @easttxmamas - tea tree oil! Find a shampoo with that in it. The lice avoid that. Blow drying hair also helps keep them away (they don't like it). 

My FFFC (does it count on a Monday?) is that I watch P. Allen Smith's garden home show on Saturdays. The only person in real life I know who knows what that show is is my SO's grandma. Lol. 
    @tumbleweed: I use a shampoo with tea tree oil! I didn't know lice avoid it. I use it cause it makes me scalp feel tons better. I have mild psoriasis, only on my scalp, and the tea tree oil is so soothing.