Monday Ticker Change 4.24.17!

HAPPY MONDAY!

Monday Ladies: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th!

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 4.24.17!

• Options

How far along are you? 32 Weeks!

How big is baby? Naked-tailed Armadillo

Upcoming appointments? Thursday I have an ultrasound to check on my low placenta and 32 week checkup!

Any new symptoms or changes? Just tired and I am not really as hungry these days and get full really fast which is annoying.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We fully cleaned our room over the weekend since that's where the baby will be sleeping. Sadly, it's the first real clean our room has had in 3 years of living there. It looks great!

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? I love going on adventures! I am not good at relaxing and laying on a beach. My favorite things to do include tubing, snorkeling, hiking, zip lining, etc. I want to go on vacation so bad - we almost always take a vacation in May so I'm itching to go somewhere!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Monday ticker change going strong.  Whatup ladies!!!!  

How far along are you? 33 weeks.

How big is baby? Apparently it is the size of celery, a fanny pack, a size 10 boat shoe, or a store bought loaf of bread. (Thank you babysizer.com!)

Upcoming appointments? When at my 32 week appt last week, my BP was slightly elevated.  They want me to come back Wednesday afternoon for a check.... makes me anxious, but glad they want to keep an eye on it. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Same ole, same ole.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I had my first baby shower last weekend.  There were so many gifts, it was so fun.  I also got this swing thing (that i didn't register for) called the 4mom mommaroo.  Holy crap, its like a baby swing of the future.  You can control it with your smartphone!!!

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? I like meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.  It can happen in the US, or it can happen internationally.  Also eating all the new and different foods.  

Hope you had a great weekend!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited April 2017
    @merrylea So jealous that you got the mommaroo. That thing looks amazing! I didn't bother registering for it because that price tag will not fly with my friends/family - maybe someone will randomly get it for me, too! Hope your BP is better this week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Good morning and Happy Monday!!

This is my first post on here, but I am so glad that there are so many threads to poke through. I feel like I've been missing out this whole pregnancy since it puts my mind at ease to read so many others are feeling the same way I am.

How far along are you? 32 Weeks tomorrow :)

How big is baby? I'll find out tomorrow at my apt, but as of 30 weeks we were estimating 3 lbs 10 oz.

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow! And going forward I'll be going weekly, so I'll have more frequent updates.

Any new symptoms or changes? I have been having really bad hip pain the last few weeks. Seems to act up after sitting down for a while. Otherwise, just the consistently bad heartburn that comes and goes throughout every single day.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have been flooded with emotions over the last few days. Everything is making me teary eyed, specially the pictures of some friends newborns! They're making me impatient and I feel like the next 8 weeks are going to go by so slowwwww.

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? Try new foods and relax on a beach or by a pool. I'll continue day dreaming about these types of vacations since this year that will be out of the question...

• Options
    @danij0  - SIL is a NICU nurse, and apparently they have several that they use at the hospital. She says it can get even the fussiest babies to calm down!  I didn't even know that they existed before. LOL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery

Upcoming appointments? Next week at 34, at 36 I get another ultrasound -- I didnt have on with DS1 so I am sort of excited.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just uncomfortable per usual and sleeping horribly. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Oh just packing to move to our apartment next weekend. Trying to stay level headed while I want to punch a wall.  :|

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? Vacation? What is that? It has been too long. I like hiking though :)

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    Welcome, @Amberdsem! Glad you found the bump before pregnancy is over. I would suggest introducing yourself on the intro thread, too. The whole board looks at that thread! :)
    @merrylea I don't know anyone that has one, but it looks like it could be a godsend. 
    @lmc929 Hope the move goes well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    32 weeks

How big is baby?

a squash

Upcoming appointments?

Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes?

mostly just tired more easily and harder to catch my breath

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Making progress on baby prep list, it's almost complete! 

My DD had a little cry yesterday about how she will miss me when I'm in the hospital.  It made me feel awful.

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation?

Just walk around and see the sights.  I love to explore new shops, restaurants, historic or scenic places.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options

How far along are you? 30 wks (I feel so behind everyone else)

How big is baby? Ovia says a foam finger, an otter, or a head of romaine lettuce

Upcoming appointments? I was supposed to have one this week but I had to reschedule due to state testing... yes I'm re-arranging my baby appointments around state mandated testing :disappointed:  

Any new symptoms or changes? I mentioned in the symptoms thread that I'm having long drawn out bloody noses again.  They hit me hard in the 1st tri and then went away. They're back. 

And apparently severe jealousy over @merrylea 's mommaroo!!! We actually found one at Goodwill when I was 12 wks for like $60 but it didn't have a power cord attached and the one power cord that we did find didn't power it correctly OR the roo was broken... my heart was broken after that.  Can you imagine a mommaroo for $60!?!?! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone doing anything to prepare their boobs for breastfeeding?

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation?  Vacation? What's that? Just kidding... the last vacation we went on was when my dad rented a cabin on a lake for the whole family.  The last day of the trip, I decided to try the rope swing and wound up breaking my ankle... so favorite thing to do? NOT rope swing.  

• Options
    @huzzahuzza I have bought 3 nursing bras and a sleep nursing bra - I know you're supposed to wait until after 36 weeks but I bought them at the end of January because my regular bras didn't fit. They were cheap so I don't mind buying more if I grow more. My breastfeeding class instructor said not to wash around your nipples so that natural oils stay around them, so avoiding that in the shower. I've been researching lactation smoothies and cookies. I already make energy balls and green smoothies that resemble them so I just need to add a couple new ingredients which should be easy. Other than that, I'm a FTM so I have no clue what else to do to prep or what to expect in general. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 33 weeks 

How big is baby? celery (well he weighs 5 pounds and 13 oz according to the doctor)

Upcoming appointments? I went today and will go back in two weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? My back has been killing me asked the doctor what to do and she said just use a heating pad. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? So the baby is weighing 5 pounds 13 oz at 33 weeks so he is BIG. So at my 36 week appointment, we are going to talk about whether or not I need to get a C section due to the largeness of his head. 

GTKY: What is your favorite activity to do on vacation? We go to the beach mostly, but I like to go to the spa and relax. 

@merrylea have been dying for one of those swings! I put it on my list in hopes but no luck! 

Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29