March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 4/17

Re: Randoms! 4/17

• ShannonJ96ShannonJ96 member
    edited April 2017
    I've been experimenting to see what kinds of music Dean likes. It seems he likes the same music I listened to while pregnant, and still especially likes the songs that made him kick like crazy. I've learned that his favorites are Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, Chet Atkins, Pantera, Foo Fighters, and Audioslave. So, good baby. :)  He absolutely hates Marilyn Manson and R. Kelly. Its interesting to watch his demeanor change when you change what he's listening to.
  • @ShannonJ96 I meant to comment to you earlier, we both have boys named Dean!; good choice on the name ;)

Dean was born 6lbs 9oz and at his 6wk appt today, he was tipping the scales at 11lbs even! He can't wear any NB clothes with footies cause he's too scrunched up in them, but 0-3month clothes are sooo baggy, WTF
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsFlemingo
    Hey cool! I always liked the name myself. Its a strong name, but its not douchey.  :)

My Dean was born 8 pounds 4 ounces (though he weighed 7 pounds when we left the hospital), and yesterday (5 weeks and 3 days old) weighed in at 11 pounds 14 ounces. I just packed up the last of the newborn onesies the other day and most of the newborn pants. He has a smallish waist so he can wear some more generously sized newborn pants, but 0-3 month clothes fit him best.

I have issues with footies too. He keeps pulling his feet out of them and up into the pant legs. Lord only knows how. He has huge feet. You'd think they'd get stuck in the foot part.
  • @mrsflamingi ugh yes!! Same issue!! The gap between NB and 3 months seems so big!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oscar has a tiny bit of baby acne. I heard putting breast milk on it can help? Anyone else dealt with this? 
  • jenny0228 said:
    Oscar has a tiny bit of baby acne. I heard putting breast milk on it can help? Anyone else dealt with this? 
    We've got it here.  I just try and wipe her face with a warm washcloth occasionally to make sure it's clean ((mostly from being covered in milk dribbles all day)) but otherwise I think it's just something some babies get and goes away on its own.
  • @jenny0228 never heard about breastmilk for it. I know it just goes away on its own in a week or two as well without any treatment.
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• shines721shines721 member
    edited April 2017
    @jenny0228 I haven't heard of the breast milk either, but maybe it's worth a shot? My son had it terrible this time.. like puss filled above his eyes, it was insane. I do think that if it gets severe, the pedi can prescribe something for it but not sure. I just waited it out. 

@Gators&BoSox Good luck! You're a brave woman! And yay for getting lucky.. I think I might approach it tonight.. 6 weeks, 1 day. At least as a STM, I know that even if it sucks now, it does get back to normal! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @Gators&BoSox all the luck and prayers!! Couple weeks!? You're a saint!  We'll miss you ; )

And glad getting lucky was a positive thing!!  I've yet to venture back there yet - 7wks tomorrow- DH has been very unhelpful lately, he's in a funk, disappearing to play video games or work around the house whenever DD2 is sleeping--I told him he isn't getting close to me in the bedroom if he isn't gonna try and spend time with me in other ways too!   
    I remember similar thing happening with the last baby--sometimes I forget there is another person in this house trying to adjust to life with a family of four. I get so caught up in taking care of the toddler, and constant care of the newborn, barely able to feed and shower and sleep myself (vertigo crap as an extra cherry on top)).... I forget I have wifely responsibilities too and should probably be doing more for him.Ugh. This life can be so exhausting!! 
  • @kjd291 Have you ever read/heard about the five love languages at your church? It's so hard because my husband's is definitely physical touch and mine isn't. I have to remind myself all the time that I need to show him/make him feel loved in his "language" not mine which is words of affirmation/quality time. ... And yeah, I maybe blabbered the words "my life stopped and stuff I want to do for myself stopped when I had a newborn and I need you to take a weekend to do the same!" Not my finest moment last weekend. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @shines721 yes!! And We do have that problem -(always have) he is physical and I'm quality time! Therefore my attempts to force him to spend quality time with me before I cuddle with him. And like you said it's hard to show them love in their language when it's just natural to want to show them love in yours... I naturally show with acts of kindness--but he doesn't care one bit about all those little things I do every day! 

Ahh-don't you hate how things like that come flying out of your mouth so easily!? 
  • We had really bad baby acne here...started by her eye and spread all over her face.  Got so bad there was actually some discharge and it started peeling.  Took her to the doctor who said it looked like a combination of a baby acne and eczema.  She had me start a dairy free diet.  I'm sure that's not the problem with your LO but she also told me to wash it twice a day with baby soap and warm water and also use mosturizer since her skin was dry and peeling...it started to clear up pretty quickly after that. 
  • Oh yeah.. remembering now they suggested a baby cetaphil wash  :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• ShannonJ96ShannonJ96 member
    edited April 2017
    I think my baby is dreaming about eating. He keeps making a sucking motion with his lips. Its so cute.  <3
  • I know we were talking about blowouts somewhere else but it's 4:45 am and we were up so Lucas could eat/get changed before going back to bed. Lucas stops eating and stares at me ... next thing I know is he is pooping out his onesie (it's been too hot here for his sleepers) onto me and the nursing pillow.  :# I'm doing my best to clean things up before moving him and what do you know he does it again!  :|I know one day we will laugh about it just not right now at 5 am ... 
    This is how I'm feeling about not sleeping. I don't know how people have three kids (and yet, I'm still debating it!!) .. two is no joke! 

I hope you got everything cleaned up, nothing worse than in a sleepy state to have to do something like that. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I think my baby is dreaming about eating. He keeps making a sucking motion with his lips. Its so cute.  <3
    I love when they do that ❤
  • @disneybaby84 and @triwellnessgirl - just checking in!! Haven't seen you ladies post in a while and you're normally some of the more active ones! Hope all is well
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• @marshmallowfarts ... I was thinking the same thing! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Can't wait for my DD to roll over so I can put her on her in my at night. Daytime tummy naps are so nice and when she gets grunty in he early morning she goes quiet as soon as I roll her over!
  • So I just left my PP appointment with my OB.  We talked about contraception.  DH is going to get a vasectomy this summer but I need something until it is done and he gets cleared that his little swimmers are out of the pool.  I BF and don't really want to have to rely on condoms.  I am thinking of doing Mirena.  I have been reading about it and have read that in most cases it is fine for BF moms but some women say they noticed a decrease in supply.  It is supposed to be better than the mini pill though because the progesterone doesn't have to go through your whole system like the pill.  I don't have any problem with supply now but just wondering if anyone had experience with Mirena while BF.  Did you like it? Was it uncomfortable?  Did it affect supply?