Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of April 17th

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: (I used this on the PAIF board today too, sorry!) What is one thing physically that you are experience that SUCKS? What is one thing physically you are LOVING?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of April 17th

• Options
    How far along are you? 25w6d

How big is baby? A cauliflower

Appointments coming up? Friday - just a monthly check up.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Really good emotionally, which is nice. Physically I'm exhausted and, sorry if TMI, I've totally developed a hemorrhoid. :( I think the exhaustion is from hosting Easter yesterday and getting all the nursery furniture assembled on Saturday. I just did A LOT. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Passing my glucose test (hopefully) on May 2nd. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Too tired to even think of any right now :)

GTKY: (I used this on the PAIF board today too, sorry!) What is one thing physically that you are experience that SUCKS? What is one thing physically you are LOVING?So I've been VERY fortunate so far physically but, randomly, yesterday I appear to now have a hemorrhoid, wth? I've been very regular (sorry to my constipated ladies) so it really took me by surprise. Not what I wanted to deal with but oh well. Physically I love that I'm, so far, just showing in my stomach. I know I have a long way to go but I take solace in that right now. I'm crediting it to walking everyday and not having a bunch of calories from wine!!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    I'll be 11 weeks on Wed.

How big is baby?

They say a lime, but it's more like a key lime? 1.6 in is a pretty small lime!

Appointments coming up?

I have one on my birthday next week (12w) and I tried to change it. I'm very anxious about what will happen. It's with the midwives and they are super low tech. So it's doppler only. Which means that if they can't find a HB, I'll be running about trying to get an US. I just don't want this to be the worst bday ever. MFM is next Friday. It's a loaded week.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

I am just very anticipatory in regards to my next appt. This was the time during my last MC that I thought everything was finally ok, but it wasn't. MMCs suck.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

A HB next week and a good nuchal.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I'm still peeing like 9x a night. I was really hoping this would settle down to my normal 4-5x a night :/

GTKY: (I used this on the PAIF board today too, sorry!) What is one thing physically that you are experience that SUCKS? What is one thing physically you are LOVING?

I am really enjoying this weather and since I've been feeling a little better, trying to focus on my almost 1 year old DD, in between housework and work work and being a "bad" mom by laying on couch watching movies (but hey! that's being a good mom to #2!) Thumbs down for the low self esteem that I've been feeling about the low energy and future worries.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    @peregrinefalconx I had something like that happen at my 12 week appt.  I had just had an U/S at 11 weeks for the NT measurement, and we had a regular midwife appt at 12 weeks.  They could not find the heartbeat with the doppler and I definitely was scared.  She reassured me that it is not uncommon and most likely everything was fine, but they sent me down to U/S just to make sure.  (I see a midwife at a hospital so U/S is located just on the floor below).  They said it could take up to an hour to get in but they were great and got in in about 10 minutes. I'm not going to lie, it was scary, they didn't turn on the monitor for me to see until they looked first to make sure there was a heartbeat, but as soon as she went to turn on the monitor I knew everything was fine.  

I hope this doesn't scare you, I just wanted to share my experience and let you know that it may very well happen that they can't find the HB with the doppler for a variety of reasons, most of which have nothing to do with the health of your baby.  Hopefully if they cannot find the HB they get you a reassuring U/S as soon as possible.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I 2nd not stressing Doppler. I thought my placenta was anterior, but in fact my baby is just extremely active and goes into the corners of my uterus to get cozy. Easily detectable at 20 weeks to know her position in my uterus by a doctor, not so easy to know at 12 weeks. I wish all doctors just had a portable u/s lol
  • Options
    CPR79   Thanks. I am slightly at peace this week, knowing that answers will come and I feel more up for the challenge. This has been a very long 3 weeks. I broke down and bought (another) doppler for myself (after getting rid of the last one) with expedited shipping, but it still won't get here before Wed. As I heard in a cool song this morning, "this is the way things are." Happy thoughts!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga