Baby Names

William Wilder?

i think we've decided, I just want some general opinions on this name. Too boring? Weird? Tia

Re: William Wilder?

• I like it! 
  • Two thoughts. 

Your last name doesn't start with a While, does it? I think www makes for an awkward set of initials.

And I personally don't get the appeal of Wilder as a given name, but the middle spot is great for more, offbeat, names. 

Overall, it's fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • LN Smith. William is after our grandfathers.
  • I instantly thought of Men in Black when you said your last name.  With Smith being as common as it is, I think it's a good name! 
  • Wilder is getting a bit tiresome but it's in the middle so I guess whatever. William is solid

• There's nothing really wrong with it. Although William Smith is a bit boring. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I personally love it! If you guys like it, use it!
  • I don't love the sound of the names together and I also agree with previous posters that William Smith is kind of boring. 
    H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I kinda like boring when it comes to names. DD is Caroline, DS is Isaac. I want to call him Wilder for a sweet reason and I was really close to my grandfather. It feels right. We also love Henry nn Hank, but SO really wants William and I really want Wilder.
  • tfmb2009 said:
    I kinda like boring when it comes to names. DD is Caroline, DS is Isaac. I want to call him Wilder for a sweet reason and I was really close to my grandfather. It feels right. We also love Henry nn Hank, but SO really wants William and I really want Wilder.
    Given that William Wilder sounds like a great compromise.
  • Love it! Congrats and God bless!
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles.