July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms- 4/22-4/23

Horray for Saturday! 

Re: Weekend Randoms- 4/22-4/23

• Every single day, during a lovely deep glorious sleep I wake up and realize I'm on my back and freak out. Then I can't go back to sleep. I wanted to sleep all Saturday :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Right?!? @GlitterFish I'm pretty sure I wake up every hour or so to pee, then the struggle to get out of bed begins. 

Last night I woke up and just couldn't go back to sleep. DH starts his week for work today so I went to the couch and was browsing things on my phone till I was ready to sleep. I slept on the couch and it was much easier to get off the couch than the bed. I may do it again. 
  • @busyzee don't feel bad- I slept on my stomach well into my eighth month of pregnancy with DS and still sleep on my stomach with this baby. My OBGYN isn't concerned at all. She says if you're comfortable then it's okay- when you start feeling uncomfortable, you shouldn't. I can't sleep on my left side without feeling a ton of pressure and dizziness oddly enough. So I fall asleep laying on my right side and then end up on my stomach. Maybe try a pregnancy pillow? 
  • XathXath member
    I really just wanted to sleep until I woke up naturally today.  I've been so tired.  So naturally DS2 started crying at 0645 and once I got him settled this LO decided to start a marathon kicking session.  

So I'm still very tired.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Xath said:
    I really just wanted to sleep until I woke up naturally today.  I've been so tired.  So naturally DS2 started crying at 0645 and once I got him settled this LO decided to start a marathon kicking session.  

So I'm still very tired.
    That is when I woke up naturally today. And that was sleeping in an hour from my normal alarm time. *yawn* 
  • @nktrodden826 I was also a stomach sleeper and hate sleeping on my side! I sleep semi stomach now (that's the only way I go to sleep) but I end up waking up on my back! 
  • @SquirttheTurtle I have said this before a looooong time ago but days like you had yesterday are really the only things we miss about pre baby life! LOL Laying in bed, deciding to hit up our favorite brunch spot.....AHHHHH that is the life. I mean, we still lay in bed and go to brunch now but the vibe is different. Haha. Get in as many on those precious days as you can get away with! 
  • I miss those days @SquirttheTurtle and get them by dropping our kid off at my in laws. I can remember the first time we did it post DD and we enjoyed every minute!

We enjoyed Penn State's spring game yesterday and a lot of good food. Then today we are just getting back from lowes, so I'm about to transplant some items to my outside garden. So so excited to have some fresh green beans in a few weeks! 
  • I need a do over for this weekend! I spent yesterday vomiting and holed up in bed, and I'm better today, but now my husband is sick! And for some reason our toddler isn't getting the hint that mommy and daddy are down for the count.
  • Yesterday was pretty busy - went to another PTA resale with my sister. Then went to my 9yo nephew's soccer game. Then DH and I went to dinner, ice cream and bowling with 2 other couples, one of of which is due next weekend. She was a champ during bowling, at 39 weeks pregnant!! I kicked DHs butt the first game of bowling :-P probably because he was drunk though haha. Overall it was a fun night. 

Having a true lazy sunday today. All I have accomplished is a load of laundry. It's super nice out though so I might take the pups for a walk here in a bit. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We went camping this weekend and had a great time. I didn't join DH and DS until yesterday morning since I worked late on Friday. We had an awesome day (despite the 90+ degree heat) hiking, wading in the creek, and catching frogs/tadpoles! Then some friends joined us in the evening and our kiddos had a blast playing together. Then the prefect day came to a crashing hault when it was time to sleep  :s I knew I wouldn't sleep well, since I can't even sleep well at home in my own bed, but I massively underestimated just how poorly I would sleep! My back and hips are wrecked today (but at least I was able to sneak in a 2hr nap once we got home and DH unloaded the gear!). 
  • DH made me homemade soft pretzels today. Soft pretzels with mustard have been one of my biggest cravings this pregnancy. I'm in heaven. :)

My Sunday has been completely uneventful. The weather is crappy so other than a quick to the grocery store I haven't left my couch. I'm trying to enjoy these lazy weekends as much as possible since I know they'll be limited when LO arrives. 
  • @oheliza44 damn, soft pretzels with mustard (or cheese) sounds so amazing right now. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sigh....we started trying to clear our the flower beds and start the never-ending yard work. I hate yard work, but our yard just looks so overgrown that we really don't have a choice. It's just so much work, and I have no idea what I'm even doing. I feel like I didn't get any time to myself this weekend. I'm exhausted, and the work week hadn't even started! 
  • My Mom and Dad flew down for DS 2nd Birthday. It was really nice to have them here. I have a big family and hate being without them on birthdays and holidays. I also made a cake. It turned out cute but I am definitely no professional! I want to show you guys but it doesnt want to attach! :'(