Infertility
Options

Damn. Only one follicle and crappy lining.

I'm in my 2nd IUI cycle this month.

Last cycle we did Letrozole and follistim with ovidrel trigger and I ended up with 4 good follicles.  Lining looked great, everything great except my E2 was lower than it should have been.  BFN.

This cycle she switched it up to letrozole and menapur with the hope that would fix the E2 issue.  Just got my results from my CD9 appt this morning and I have one follicle that's 19mm and one that's 11mm, one 8mm, and several smaller ones. They want me to trigger on Sunday, which would mean that I'd only have the one follicle ready to go.  Also my lining is only 4mm (should be 8mm) so she's starting me on estrace which might help with that.

So basically we went from 4 good follicles and great lining last time to only one follicle and shitty lining this time.  This stuff is so confusing and frustrating.  I thought maybe it would be better to just wait a little longer for the other follicles to mature but she said if we did that they would worry that I would ovulate on my own.  BUT my E2 = 108, LH = 5, and Progesterone = .7 which indicates that I'm not close to ovulation.  I don't know.  Nothing makes any sense to me.  

I know there are so many of you ladies who have been at this game much longer and have been through much more than I have so I'm not feeling too sorry for myself, just frustrated and not super hopeful that this cycle is going to be successful.     

Re: Damn. Only one follicle and crappy lining.

• Options
    @NannyPlum - I'm sorry - this whole process is so gruelling!

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen women in your situation (letrozole + IUIs) with 3-4 follicles and beautiful lining get BFNs, and women with 1 follicle and scatty lining get BFPs. I've also seen women trigger way later and earlier than I thought would be ok get BFPs - like a CD16 IUI with a BFP, or a CD12 IUI with a BFP. So I wouldn't count yourself out just yet!

Good luck, hang in there!
  • Options
    It only takes one good follicle! That is really frustrating, but you're still in with a chance... even though it feels like it's low. 
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks...
    I'm just trying not to get my hopes up at all for this cycle so that the letdown won't be as bad. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry this cycle isn't looking as promising as you would hope.  I totally understand managing expectations to protect your heart.  There is so much mastering in this process.  Going through all the monitoring, tests, and doctors give us the illusion of control but really there is so much that is out of our hands.  I think some cycles are just randomly better than others.  Best wishes that the estrace will help with your lining.  
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6