1st Trimester
Options

tips for extreme tiredness?

My LO is 18mo and I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my second. I wake up at 5am to go to work, come home at 3pm and take care of LO until bedtime, around 7:30-8pm. I'm exhausted all day long. By the time I'm giving her a bath and putting her down, I'm ready to crash. My house is a total disaster because I have no energy to do anything. I try to take 2-3 walks during the day to get some energy and I eat healthy, so I don't crash from sugar, but it seems that nothing is helping. I feel like a zombie.

Any good tips on how to not feel like this all the time? I know it will pass in a few weeks, but I feel like I can't take it anymore. The constant nausea isn't helping either.. ugh

Re: tips for extreme tiredness?

• Options
    kasia0303 said:
    My LO is 18mo and I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my second. I wake up at 5am to go to work, come home at 3pm and take care of LO until bedtime, around 7:30-8pm. I'm exhausted all day long. By the time I'm giving her a bath and putting her down, I'm ready to crash. My house is a total disaster because I have no energy to do anything. I try to take 2-3 walks during the day to get some energy and I eat healthy, so I don't crash from sugar, but it seems that nothing is helping. I feel like a zombie.

Any good tips on how to not feel like this all the time? I know it will pass in a few weeks, but I feel like I can't take it anymore. The constant nausea isn't helping either.. ugh
    You can ask your doctor for something to help with the nausea. That MIGHT help with the extreme tiredness but ultimately you have to wait it out. If it's starting to negatively effect your everyday life, mentioning it to your doctor would be a good idea.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2017
    I would remind you (as I'm sure you know) that the first trimester is about survival. Let your house be dirty and maybe order in a few more times than normal. Also, talk to your SO about getting a little extra help with things they can help with.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You work, have a toddler and are growing a human. Let your house be messy. Clean with DH on the weekend when your toddler naps. Or don't. You will feel better by second tri. Btw- I am in your boat- 18 month old, exhausted. This time around I'm not throwing up all day... yet. 
  • Options
    kasia0303kasia0303 member
    edited April 2017
    thank you ladies, these are all great reminders. I just don't remember being this tired with my first.