Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage using the pill

So I was recently diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. The doctor advised that I take the pill to induce the miscarriage. 

I took it last night at around 8pm and had slight cramping. So I decided to take a Tylenol 3 and advil just to be sure. At around 5 I felt something so went to the bathroom and started passing pretty big clots. This last for a few hours and my cramping was there but not sever. I was about 6 weeks. Did i pass eveeything? 

Re: Miscarriage using the pill

• I have no advice for you. I have only had d & c's one this morning.  I just wanted to say sorry for your loss and hope your recovery is speedy 
  • Loading the player...
  • *lurking* @tvisram I felt a lot better when I passed the baby and sac since the contractions stopped. It felt harder than the rest of the bleeding and clots. I was almost 8 weeks, but measured at 6. I hope you heal quickly.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • How long after taking the pill did you pass the sac @NYTino24
  • @tvisram Sorry, forgot to mention that I didn't take the pill since my body started miscarrying on it's own. I've heard it's faster with the pill.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @tvisram I'm sorry for your loss. I didn't take the pill, mine happened naturally, but my Dr did an US later to confirm it was all out. Good luck and I'm sorry you're here.
  • You need to follow up with your doctor to confirm you passed everything via ultrasound.
  • SP128SP128 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I took the pill around 330 pm and passed the sac the next morning about a half hour after getting out of bed. 

My experience with the pill was pretty good considering. No pain, no heavy bleeding. I did bleed for about a week and an ultrasound showed a clean uterus 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @SP128 that sounds similar to my situation I hope it's all cleared out
  • I had 2 doses of methaprine and ended up needing a d&c a week after my miscarriage. I should have been almost 12 weeks with growth measuring 8 weeks. The methaprine sounded scarier than it actually was considering every thing that led up needing the medication. Luckily my obgyn and the emergency room doctor were amazing ❤
  • starlastarla member
    edited April 2017
    @tvisram I'm so sorry about your loss. In my experience I was 10w+5d but the baby was measuring behind and finally stopped growing at 7w+5d size (sometime in the 2.5 weeks between my ultrasounds) and had no heartbeat. My body wasn't realizing it had to let go so I took the meds five days later. I bled a lot and passed clots on the first day, which was a Thursday. Saturday in the middle of the night I passed something large. The ultrasound showed everything was clear. 

Thats all to say that you may have felt it pass but that you should get a follow up ultrasound to make sure. 

So many hugs to you. I'm sorry you're going through this. It really is devastating and a hard thing to endure. <3

ETA: Just saw your other post. Glad everything is clear. I hope you can heal and move on. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Just wanted to say thank you all for your kind words. Went in for my ultrasound today and everything is clear!
  • Good news
  • Does anyone know how long it will take for my hcg to go back to 0?
  • edited April 2017
    @tvisram Depends on where you started at and if all the PoC have been passed. At 7w5d I was 15,066 and it took me 8wks to get back to zero. I had weekly drops as high as 85% and as low as 50%. I still ovulated when my beta hcg was between 11 & 25. That of course was with retained PoC and I ended up with a D&C two weeks after hitting a beta of 4. At 9w2d (where baby passed sometime after seeing the HB at 8w1d) I was only at 10,000; needed an emergency D&C for hemorrhaging and took (edit: stupid heart emoji) less than 3 weeks to get to zero. Anything under 6wks they never stressed tracking my betas to zero, as long as I had a period.
  • I was 6 +2 went in for an ultrasound yesterday and everything was clear. My hcg when I was pregnant was 30000. 

Last week my hcg was at 1200 so it's dropping. Yesterday took a pregnancy test and was still positive so maybe a few more weeks?
  • Yeah, you won't start getting -hpts until you are under 20 or so.