July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check in 4-18

Hey first time mamas!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why?
ME: 34 | DH: 36
Married: 6/2016
TTC:6/2016
BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

Re: FTM Check in 4-18

• Options
    How far along are you? 28w6d
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?  Nope.  Same old excruciating right hip pain. 
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?   Ugh.  Yes.  (Possible **TW**)  Last week I had a dream that I lost LO (miscarriage).  I even told DH about it before he left for work.  Later that morning I went for my last appointment with my GP before making the move back to my OB.  Receptionist said that there were traces of blood and something else in my urine.  Dr didn't really think anything of it until I told her I had been cramping all morning.  Period-like cramps which I know aren't necessarily abnormal but we were both concerned about the consistency (ie: constant cramps) and the blood thing.  That combined with the fact that LO really wasn't moving as much as normal the past 3 days, she decided to call the OB at my delivering hospital to see if they wanted me to come in just in case, and they did.  *cue freak out*  She rubbed my back and told me it was okay, that everything was going to be okay and that it was probably something as simple as a bladder infection, kidney stones (ouch!) or the like.  Had to cancel my first chiro appointment (I needed that soooo bad.  My hip is killing me!) and off to the hospital I went.  DH ended up being off work early and was able to meet me there once I was all hooked up.  Baby was fine. Cervix is still hard and closed so they suspect bladder infection, gave me meds and sent me on my way.  Considering the dream though, I was sufficiently freaked out until I was given the okay.  
    Rants/raves?  Rants - Pitiful candidates to replace me while I'm on mat leave.  
    Going through a financial slump so I can't attend the massive Mom-sale that's going on in 2 weeks.  *sigh*
    All my IL's are pissing me off  
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nada. 
    GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why?  Oh man, I can never answer this question.  I really don't have an absolute favourite and generally like a lot of different types of music. Chris Stapleton is particularly tickling my fancy at the moment.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options

How far along are you? 28w2d (WHAT?!?!)

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Ugh...yes. It seems like just my right hip is effed up. It's the only one that consistently hurts and wakes me in the middle of the night. My OB recommended I get the pregnancy support belt to help with the hip pain, but it's just gotten worse (and it's not on the side...it's down below). Good thing I go in for my monthly check-up Friday. The baby also seems to be really high, like in my diaphragm high. Getting dizzy because you can't take a breath is never a fun feeling.

Also, yesterday when it was 81-effing degrees in my office I realized I am going to be wearing flip-flops to work when it consistently is hot outside. My feet were sausages (and it made my poor foot tattoo look weird).

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? My monthly check-up with my endocrinologist. For the first time since I started seeing her, she did not up my dosage. We'll see what next month's blood work says, but I'm considering that a win.

Rants/raves? The woman who threw my bridal shower wants to throw my baby shower. She's pretty much another grandmother to me (and is close with my actual grandmother). Plus (this might be flameworthy), I know the shower will be about the baby, whereas the baby shower my MIL wants to throw will be all about her and other people's perception of her.

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why? Sara Bareilles, hands down. If I had unlimited funds and unlimited days off, I would travel anywhere she is performing. She is amazing. She writes her own music and wrote a Broadway musical. I think she came out right around the time I was on my own in Florida and her music spoke to me. It still does.

Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?  25+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Have had some BH so definitely need to make sure I'm drinking enough water.  Had sore hips after Vegas but being back home in our bed with my body pillow helps. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?   Check last Thursday.  Every things good.  Scheduled GD for next week.  Ugh. 

Rants/raves?  MIL will not stop buying stuff.  She has repeatedly asked me & DH what running stroller we want, even though she's already bought our carseat/stroller combo, keeps buying diapers, even though I've told her repeatedly that we are using cloth, and is pissy that we don't know the sex because there are so many other things that she 'has to wait to buy' us.  I get that she is excited but we really don't need her to buy us everything;  we can afford to provide for our own child. 

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why?  It's a tie between Goo Goo Dolls and Zac Brown Band.  GGD was my ultimate playlist through the end of high school and collage.  Something about a good guitar always gets me.  ZBB came in my 30's and was something that DH bonded over.  The song that I walked down the aisle to and our wedding song were ZBB.  DH even had song lyrics in his vows.  I get choked up whenever I hear those songs. 

• Options
    rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 27+2

Husband tells me my belly looks bigger by the day. Movements have been getting stronger, and I've been feeling some really crazy fast-paced side-to-side jiggles. What is it doing in there??

Nope, I have the glucose challenge next Monday. 

Rants/raves? 
    Rave: We just got back from our babymoon, camping and hiking in the NC mountains. For some reason sleeping on an inflatable mattress and going for hikes made my crazy hip and back pain go away. I was expecting the exact opposite, so that was nice! We also met my mom at IKEA on the way back and she bought us our crib, changing table, and a bunch of other stuff. Overall a successful babymoon!
    Rant: My thesis didn't write itself while I was on vacation.  :(

I also have a hard time choosing this kind of thing. I've enjoyed Lucius a lot the past few years. We saw them live a couple times and they're such amazing singers! I also have an all-time favorite classical piece (Rachmaninov piano concerto #2) that I used to listen to every night at bedtime when I was a kid (conservative childhood, we weren't really allowed to listen to "rock music" or much of any music with words), and I still love it. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?

26 + 2

Skin is becoming more sensitive, I just got a chemical burn from my very mild regular skin product! Hope it lightens quickly:( 
     None 
    Rants/raves? 
    Rants: new housekeeper came in, she's sweet. Iv had her before last year. Today I got reminded why we never had her back, she breaks things! She broke my vacuum. She dropped it down the stairs. 

Raves: qvc has dyson v8 on installments. Totally getting it. 

How many sheets do I realistically need, and how long did you keep your crib mattresses. (I'm interested in the naturepedic ultra) 

I would say I absolutely love Daft Punk. I remember being 7 years old and being amazed by their music, and till this day they come up with the best music ever. It's so creative, appeals to most people (they literally have a song for everyone) and they were always really, really ahead of their time. Love the fusion and mood they bring. I would love to see them live.
  • Options
    @rjoys8  Same here today.  This baby has been moving almost all day.  I just got up to go for a walk to get it to settle down.  I sit all day (desk job) so I can generally feel plenty of movement but today has been exceptional!

@star_beagle Ugh, I am not looking forward to that part...the swelling.  I'm really hoping to not have to take of my rings....

@stokesm21 glad you and LO are ok!  That's gotta be scary!

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle - I've already had to take my rings off. My hands weren't swelling but I didn't want to risk getting my wedding band stuck.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? the occasional braxton hicks has made its way into my day. more water guzzling for me!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? GD test last Monday, which I thankfully passed! Growth scan last Tuesday and the baby is still right on track, thankfully. Ob appointment last Friday. And so far everything else looks good. Now going every two weeks, next appt is next Monday

Rants/raves? None today!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? nope

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why? Hmm I don't think I have a good answer for this. It totally depends on my mood. If I can think of one all time favorite, I'll come back and edit lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks 2 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? DH finally felt the baby kick!  The first time, DH was not as enthused as I thought he would be, given how much he had been looking forward to it.  He said it didn't feel like a kick, but more like my stomach growling.  He would not believe me that it was the baby.

But this morning, he felt a good swift hard kick and he was super excited. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? My physical therapy is really helping with my hip stiffness.  It's so much better now.

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why? I go through phases.  Sometimes, I want some mainstream pop music.  Other times I like indie or alternative rock.  I love old school Mariah Carey, Bruno Mars, Arctic Monkeys, and Black Keys.  I recently discovered Anderson .Paak, who is really interesting.  His song Come Down is brilliant.

@SquirttheTurtle  I couldn't wear my rings today because of swelling.  I don't know if this is beginning of the bad swelling.  I love my wedding ring set.  I will be sad if I can't wear it.
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle @star_beagle I took my rings off too, after a particularly hot day when my fingers were swelling. I didn't want to end up having to cut them off.  I did buy some silicone "wedding bands" because I felt too naked without any rings.  They're stretchy, cute enough, and if I have to cut off a $2 ring, I'm fine with that  :)

How far along are you? 
    25w3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Not really.  Movements are becoming crazier and crazier, and sometimes I just sit and watch my belly jump around

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope

Rants/raves? Everyone says "get sleep while you still can before the baby comes" but that's easier said that done with heartburn, an overactive bladder, and a nightly party in my belly.  I'm tired.  

Questions for FTM, or STM+? No

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why? It's hard for me to pick just one.  I really like Regina Spektor.  @star_beagle, Sara Bareilles is one of my favorites too.  @rjoys8, Rachmaninov holds a special place in my heart - in college, I heard at one point that listening to classical music will help you do better at math.  I decided it couldn't hurt and I had a Rachmaninov cd, and it became a ritual for me to listen to it for a little while before every math test I took. I'm pretty sure my song of choice was Piano Concerto #3.    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BusyZee They say you should change them out for each child and never buy used but I bought the Naturepedic Ultra 2-in-1 so I know what kind of price you're looking at! LOL (I guess mine was worse, stupid Canadian dollar) I don't plan on buying another for my next child. Maybe the 3rd. I haven't personally met anyone who has bought a new mattress for each child. 
    I only plan on having maybe 4 crib sheets? Need an extra or 2 in case something happens haha! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    25 + 4

Feet swelling almost every night! Being on my feet a majority of the day is likely the culprit. I hydrate pretty well so it's just a matter of elevating. Also lots of tummy troubles (gas, bloating, upset stomach, etc). Figure it's baby playing with my digestive tract lol

Had my Glucose Challenge screening on Monday along with thyroid testing and CBC panel. Results came back and I was at 118 for the glucose, so I think that's good? My TSH is still at a good level, but my CBC showed a drop in red blood cells...My next appointment is on 4/21 so we will go over all my blood work then.

Rants/raves? 
    DH and I bought our travel system from Target! It was in sale, plus had a 10% discount on baby items online, plus the extra 5% discount using the Red card. I love seeing those saving stack up! When we picked it up,  DH quickly assembled it and made me push it around lol. He also set up the infant seat base in our CRV. Now I can see why he says we are gonna need a bigger SUV eventually lol. The base is so big and using up some space! Hopefully DSS doesn't feel too squished once the actual infant car seat is in.

Favorite band is Silverstein. Been listening to them since 2004. I just love their music and lyrics. A lot of their songs were very easy for me to connect with during high school and undergrad.
    I had a legit crush on their front man Shane Told and practically died when I got to meet him, get a hug, and a picture with him at a music festival when I was in high school. Total fan girl moment. I have a deep respect for musicians/bands who write their own music and play their own instruments. 

• Options
    @cielaw89 My digestive system has been having issues too. I think it's just hormones for me, cause I feel great today, but all weekend and Monday and especially yesterday I was having serious indigestion. 

How far along are you? 28 weeks. Can't even believe it. It's starting to get so real! 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Some indigestion, but thankfully I'm a lot better now. Maybe it was some weird 72 hour bug thing, but I think it was just hormones. Also leaking in more copious amounts now. I've had breast leakage since like 14 weeks, but now it actually gets on shirts a little bit, and I notice it wet, not just dried on. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yes! Yesterday, had a regular midwife and a CBC draw and glucose test. And everything is perfect!!! Fundal height is right on, blood pressure was back under the too high line, glucose test was good, and my iron levels were great!!!! Ha! Take that all you (not anyone on here) vegan nay sayers. The nurse sounded impressed with my iron. I don't know the actual number, but it was good so I am super duper happy. Trying to decide how I'm going to celebrate. 

Rants/raves? See glucose and iron results for rave!!!! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? This is sort of a weird question, but how do you pick a pediatrician without knowing your insurance? My husband doesn't have it from his work yet, and I'm going to sign the baby up for CHIP, but I can't until 8 months. Which would be fine, except that I need to get my pediatrician release for the birth center signed before 

GTKY:  Who is your favorite musical group/artist? Any particular reason why? Coldplay. They are the only band/artists that I can listen to no matter what my mood is. I have a really wide range of music I listen to regularly, but I'm not always in the mood for everything else, except Coldplay. I always want to listen to them, no matter what, day or night, 24/7. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    29+4
    finally experienced braxton hicks (and asked my OB about it when I visited yesterday to confirm). Not fun. Not painful per se, but very uncomfortable and I couldn't get up and walk around for a good half hour. I think I was a little dehydrated that day, so gotta do better with that!
    Also weird when my whole body gets jostled from side to side from baby kicks...
    Regular OB checkin yesterday - everything was fine. She didn't get my info from the perinatal center from my last scan, so we weren't able to discuss further on whether the placenta had really moved much since last check. But I'm moved to coming in every 2 weeks now so should be able to talk next time. 
    Rants/raves? 
    My abdominal muscles have been a bit less sore finally so I've been able to get out and walk more lately which has been nice, and will probably help long run. 

It's frustrating being in limbo on whether or not I'll even be able to try for a vaginal birth or not. It's really what I want, but won't be able to if that placenta doesn't move enough. As my OB said though, at least you'll be ready for either possibility unlike some people. I guess, still not any less frustrating. 

Mosquito/tick season has come into full swing - already been bitten by both and I've hardly been outside! luckily not in a zika prone area, but annoying all the same...
    I feel like I have tons of questions - but I can't think of one specifically at the moment that probably hasn't already been answered elsewhere on the board. 
    I really like quite a few groups/artists, but Foo Fighters and Alice in Chains are pretty high up the list. 

@kerils
    You might check with the hospital - I've read that they'll assign you a pediatrician if you don't have one lined up. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @kerils I'm not sure where you are, but around here (I'm in NJ) the baby just goes under your own insurance until they get their own, but you could probably check with the hospital or your midwife, I'd imagine they'd know how it works.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kerils At our hospital if you don't have a peds or your chosen ped doesn't have privileges at your delivering hospital they will have one come see baby but they you have to follow up with your chosen or the one you saw while in-patient.  If you know who you want to go see, call the office and see what they suggest.  If you dont have one picked out, ask your midwife what she suggests; my OB started asking me around week 16.

• Options
    @stokesm21 i really wanted the nook mattress but I felt like it wouldn't hold up as well as the naturepedic because it had no springs ! But then I also knew that each baby needs a new mattress so now I'm confused.