Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTYK: What fictional place would you most like to visit?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4-20

• How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple! Cute

Any appointments this week? Not this week

Symptoms? Very uncomfortable. Lots of dull aching and occasional shooting pain in my hips and back, cramping, leg cramps, reflux, cranky, etc.

Cravings? Lots of coffee this week for some reason

Rants/Raves/Questions? I would totally be ready for this kid in a couple weeks. H, on the other hand, freaks out every time I mention the possibility of having the baby early. He definitely wants the rest of May still.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? There's too many! I think number 1 would be Hogwarts. I really want to go to the Harry Potter world at Universal! Also Narnia and The Shire (would love to visit New Zealand someday).
  • Loading the player...
  • march2008march2008 member
    edited April 2017
    @luckywife10 - this is my second and the waiting isn't any easier this time! This time has actually been harder because with my first pregnancy, I was able to come home from work and immediately take a nap. I can't do that now with my 5 year old around, so I have to push myself more this time. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but that's my honest perspective!

How far along are you? 37 weeks! 

How big is baby? Winter melon

Any appointments this week? I had one just this morning!

Symptoms? Awful acid reflux when I lie down in bed at night. I was given the OK to take Zantac and I've been taking that when I can't stand it anymore. It's been much more helpful than Tums.

Cravings? Hm. Nothing in particular lately.

Rants/Raves/Questions? This morning I declined my cervical check and got a bit of a lecture from the nurse about it, which I wasn't expecting because the past 2 OB's I've met with have both said it's OK for me to decline. Once the OB came in and we discussed it, she was perfectly OK with me declining and just suggested that maybe at 39 weeks I have it done again. I let them do the internal last week at 36 weeks right after my GBS test since I was already undressed and also wanted to check if baby was head down - which she was. It was very uncomfortable and made me cramp and spot for 2 days. I'm happy to do whatever is medically necessary but apparently this is just something many do out of curiosity. I'm not that curious to torture myself each week.  :p

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? I have no idea! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • luckywife10luckywife10 member
    edited April 2017
    @march2008 can you explain what the internal exam was or what they were looking for? Was that for the Strep B test? I'm getting the Strep B test done next week. Is it normal for doctors to check if you're dialated started at 36 weeks?

Edit: I just realized that GBS test is the group b strep test...
  • kat81kat81 member
    How far along are you?
    37 weeks -- I guess I'm "term!"

How big is baby?
    winter melon, according to march2008!

Any appointments this week?
    I have one later today. Last week's went great.

Symptoms?
    Baby is in my ribs AND my pelvis. I hope this means s/he'll be big enough when s/he comes (not too big to come out easily, but my 7lb6oz girl did a lot better on the outside than my 6lb6oz boy.)

Cravings?
    N/A other than IDGAF so I'm eating leftover cake from Easter and stuff like that. :)

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    not at this time

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Green...looking forward to learning what we'll have! It is affecting little decisions such that I wish I knew now, though. DD came to work with my yesterday instead of school because she had a GI problem and ended up soiling a few pairs of underwear. I couldn't decide which ones to bring with us -- the boy ones that she doesn't like anyway, or the girl ones that are pretty much too small for her? 'cause she has enough right now that we could actually throw out the underwear that gets soiled if needed, and that would be easier. But if we're having another girl we could use the girl ones again (yes, sorry, we do hand down underwear when they're very little) even though DD is getting big for them. If we're having a boy we could use the boy ones again, even though they're otherwise a good choice for pitching because she doesn't like them as much.

Likewise, DD is obsessed with the bike that our neighbor has and she doesn't have one now (only a balance bike--but she wants a regular one with training wheels.) The neighbor's bike is a "princess" one. I can't find one remotely like it used, but I can find the same thing and similar ones new. I'm totally willing to buy one new if my 3rd child might use it. Granted I can't assume that a boy wouldn't or that a girl would ('cause I wouldn't have wanted it myself!) but knowing the kid's sex now would help me decide.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit?
    Candyland? (or Willy Wonka's factory or something like that.) My son and I talk about this sometimes when we play the game and he often wants me to tell a bedtime story involving going there or somewhere like it where everything is made of sweets. But I don't think I'd ACTUALLY want to go there. I'd get a stomach ache like 5 min in! And if it was truly realistic everything would be sticky.
    https://www.hulu.com/watch/33844

One fantasy world just popped into my head from my childhood -- did anyone ever play that computer game Myst? I would totally love to ACTUALLY go to the worlds in Myst. They were so cool.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? papaya

Any appointments this week? I had one this morning. Aside from bacteria in my urine, everything checked out just fine. I'm a bit weirded out about having to go weekly from here on, since the hospital during my last pregnancy just kept doing every other week unless there was concern. I also finally registered at the hospital afterward since DH is off work this week, so it was just a lot easier to do it solo.

Symptoms? The usual. I get a sharp pinching pain down there occasionally that makes it hard to walk comfortably. Weirdly enough, peeing helps, even if it's just a dribble. Maybe LO is pinching the bladder somehow and when I "release" it gets unpinched. I really have no idea.

Cravings? none.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Eh I'm just grumpy. We got our furniture delivered around noon and we have opened about 5 things out of 9 so far. And three of them has some kind of damage to them. So we're pretty bummed about having to deal with the nonsense of calling to get them replaced, including both the headboard and footboard. In the queen bed we shall continue to stay. Oh and DD is being such a pain. Potty training is not going well, she holds her pee in forever (until after 1pm today) and now she's currently fighting her nap.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? I'm unfortunately in too grumpy of a mood to decide at the moment, but if something comes to mind, I will update!

• How far along are you? 35 weeks...two more weeks left of work.

How big is baby? Pineapple 

Any appointments this week? I had one with my midwife yesterday that went well. Next week we have one to do the GBS test. 

Symptoms? Acid reflux, which has now started making an appearance when I go to bed. It is such a pain in the ass. Papaya enzyme helps a bit, but not for very long. Baby hasn't dropped yet so I still can't breathe occasionally.

Cravings? Naps

Rants/Raves/Questions? So tired of the belly comments...this week a male teacher said to me, "Wow, that's one big belly!" 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? @ChristinaWild Yes yes yes to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! I always loved the part in the movie (original one) where one of the kids eats the frosting from the mushroom. I also think it would be amazing to visit Jurassic Park. 
  • @luckywife10  - For me waiting with the first was a lot harder, I was so prepared for him and so after everything was done the waiting seemed to take forever. This time I'm just praying he doesn't come anytime soon because I still have so much to do. 

How far along are you
    ? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Honeydew I think

Any appointments this week? I had one on Tuesday and had my GBS test and an internal examine. No dilation yet but my belly was measuring between 39-40 weeks instead of 36 so doctor wants me to do a growth ultrasound next week. 

Symptoms? Overall just feeling big and uncomfortable. Heartburn is getting a little better though so maybe he's dropping?

Cravings? Today I really want some plain ruffles and onion dip! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I swear to you all if DH doesn't get the nursery painted this weekend I'm going to loose my Sh*t. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue 

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? My first choice would be anywhere in Harry Potter including Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley etc. I'd also like to go to Neverland and Santa's Workshop at the Northpole. :) 

• @mcvgal bottle could be the issue, might be that she's getting too much too quickly, maybe try a slower flow rate. Otherwise burp 2-3 times per bottle, it helps them realise they're full, unless she's spitting up the full bottle, then it's likely she's just taking more than she can handle, so maybe try smaller amounts more often. 
    Hope that helps
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @mcvgal - Oooh Stars Hollow is a good one! I've always wanted to live there! :)

• @PartiallyDomesticated LOL to carry-on luggage!

How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? papaya

Any appointments this week? Had one today, dilated to 1 cm. 

Symptoms? My feet are atrocious balloons. Yesterday it got so bad at work that I had to go home. I propped them up high and slept for two hours, then peed a TON. Lost two pounds! Luckily blood pressure and all that are normal so it's just the woes of pregnancy and teaching Kindergarten. Joy. Today they're super swollen again. One of my kids joked that they could just pop my feet to get them back to normal. I wish, honey.

Cravings? Tonight I wanted a cadbury egg so bad. But also yogurt. So we went to the store (I even put my bra back on!) and no more cadbury eggs :( Did get some ghirardelli salted caramel chocolates though that are doing the job.

Rants/Raves/Questions? We bought a BOB stroller on super sale around Black Friday. Family friends got us a Chicco car seat. But now, mysteriously within the past few weeks ALL the 2016 Bob Chicco adapters (so the car seat can go in the stroller) are sold out EVERYWHERE. I haven't found a single one except pre-2016 models, I swear it's a conspiracy. I'm so frustrated I wrote to BOB, who just gave me a number to call. Still need to do that. ARG.
    We did get baby's dresser in finally so the nursery is almost finished!! I can't wait to post pics.

GTKY: What fictional place would you most like to visit? Hogwarts, hands down.
  • @march2008 can you explain what the internal exam was or what they were looking for? Was that for the Strep B test? I'm getting the Strep B test done next week. Is it normal for doctors to check if you're dialated started at 36 weeks?

Edit: I just realized that GBS test is the group b strep test...
    I was just referring to the cervical exam when I said "internal exam" ....where they check on dilation and effacement. Based on what I've seen others say on this forum, it really depends on the preference of your OB/Midwife/etc on when and how often they check if you're dilated. My OB's office starts doing cervical exams weekly at 36 weeks unless you decline.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • @mcvgal bottle could be the issue, might be that she's getting too much too quickly, maybe try a slower flow rate. Otherwise burp 2-3 times per bottle, it helps them realise they're full, unless she's spitting up the full bottle, then it's likely she's just taking more than she can handle, so maybe try smaller amounts more often. 
    Hope that helps
    Thanks, I just ordered a slower flow nipple. I hope that makes the difference.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD