Options

wednesday ticker change 4/19

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Did you attend public, private school or were you homeschooled? Any plans for LO?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: wednesday ticker change 4/19

• Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks - viability! Woohooo!

How big is baby? Cantaloupe or an ear of corn. Speaking of corn, I can't wait for corn on the cob this summer.

Upcoming appointments this week? 24 week appointment this Friday. I'm seeing a different OB (they rotate the OBs around so you meet everyone at least once). Hoping she's nice. I can never think of any questions to ask, so my appts are 10 minutes long. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling really good lately! No complaints over here. Love feeling baby kick and even starting to see it from the outside. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: our housekeeper is coming today for the first time in 2 months. She hurt her arm, then she had strep throat...poor woman. I was starting to think she was making up excuses, but then she finally rescheduled us for today. Can't wait to come home to a clean house. Dropped our pup at "daycare" this morning, so he will be happy and exhausted tonight.

GTKY: Did you attend public, private school or were you homeschooled? Any plans for LO? I attended public school through middle school, then went to a private all-girls school for high school. I absolutely loved my high school experience. I formed such close bonds with the girls and there was no pressure to act cool in front of guys. I can't stand when high school girls think it's cute to pretend they're stupid.. I had so many friends from the public school who thought guys wouldn't like them if they were smart. AHHH. For LO, we will start with the public schools in our town and see how things go. Can't wait to encourage her to be a total book worm  B)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    25 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Cauliflower

None till May 12th

Headaches. Not accompanied by high blood pressure, so really not sure if I should call OB about it. I don't have another appointment for 3 weeks and the headaches didn't start till after my last appointment 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: see above
    Rave: picked a name!

GTKY: Did you attend public, private school or were you homeschooled? Any plans for LO?
    I attended public school till 3rd grade, private from 3rd-5th grade and was homeschooled after that. We plan on trying public school first and seeing how that goes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments this week? None. I have an appt in 2 weeks for my GD test

Any new symptoms or changes? Have been nauseous again the last few days, some heartburn, and exhaustion.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I called my insurance and they again will cover a breast pump for this baby but i don't get to choose brand which sucks because I bought a WHOLE bunch of extra parts for my medela last time so I would have extra. So I guess I'm just hoping they send me a medela. I am not picky but I want to be able to continue using the stuff I already bought.

GTKY: Did you attend public, private school or were you homeschooled? Any plans for LO? I attended public school. We are hoping to send our kids to private school, for a lot of reasons, but mostly motivated by my 2 year olds life threatening allergies and the smaller class sizes in private school. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Spaghetti squash/coconut... I guess
    Nothing until GD test in May

I get full really quickly while eating, and my superbloat has returned from 1st trimester. After eating my belly goes from barely there to totally poppin
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: in my fb and WTE groups, so many women are complaining about their kicks keeping them up or being uncomfortable. It makes me want to rage at them because I have an anterior placenta and haven't felt any kicks yet. Someone asked if anyone knew tricks for getting baby to chill out in there and it took all I had not to go off on how terrible it must be to have a definite reassurance that their baby is alive and active! 

I went to public school, and so will LO. If we're still in this town in 14+ years, there's a public school and a public boarding school for village kids that local students can apply to, so kid will get to choose. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    A coconut. I have to say I'm feeling much bigger this time around than with DD 
    None but since I feel him kick now I don't get so anxious 

Heartburn started up again and my feet started swelling today too. I'm already nervous now about what shoes I'll be able to wear to work at the end because I have to wear closed toed shoes (I work in a lab)
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    See my shoe comment above

I attended public school and plan to send our kids to public as well. I feel like I'm way to naturally lazy to do a good job homeschooling and there aren't many choices for private schools. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Cauliflower

Glucose tolerance test tomorrow

My back pain has been getting worse this past week, and my energy level is back to first trimester levels.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I wish that the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy lasted longer.  I feel like I had a good four weeks without any major issues, but now, I feel awful again.  Also, I'm kind of tired of people asking how I am feeling because when I tell them the truth, they usually just make a comment about how much longer I have left of pregnancy as if it is too early to be having certain issues.  I feel like people just want pregnant women to smile and say how wonderful pregnancy is.  I love that I'm pregnant, but pregnancy itself has been rough.

I went to private schools kindergarten through high school. My LO will be going to public school because I live in a great school district.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have to say I'm feeling much bigger this time around than with DD.
    THIS. I FEEL HUGE ALREADY!