Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How much activity after a D&C is okay?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question. I will follow this up with my OB over the phone today, but was curious what others were told regarding activity after a D&C? I had my D&C on Monday.

I have been out of work since October, and was thinking about picking up some part time work to stay busy. I set up an interview for tomorrow, which will mean I've only had 48 hours to rest. I've been taking it very easy, relaxing on the couch for most of the day. Am I okay to be on my feet for a couple of hours for the interview? 

My dog also is used to getting three half-mile walks a day, but gets very excited when he sees people, so don't want to struggle with pulling. I'll probably take him out for activity in the yard instead, but would like to know when I might be able to get him back into a walking routine without the risk of stressing the tender parts.

Thanks in advance. :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How much activity after a D&C is okay?

• I've had two and both times my doctor told me to take it easy the rest of the day but could resume regular activity the next day.  I didn't though. I took it easy the day after also but still did a few things around the house.  I tried to teach my aerobics class a week after but I bled after teaching so doctor said to give myself another week to heal before I start that.  I think you will be fine to go to an interview for a couple hours.  I would just listen to your body.  
  • I have had one and the day of I took it very easy and laid around all day.  The following day I ran errands and took an hour walk.  The third day I did the same.  I resumed regular gym activity within a week. I think you would be fine going to an interview. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mack2342 Thank you. :smile: I did try tidying up around the house, but I think all the bending is making me sore, so I've decided to rest. Judging by the amount that I was able to do, I think I should be alright tomorrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker