June 2017 Moms

Randoms 4/17

Re: Randoms 4/17

• @MKRLTX I like that idea but I also am a weirdo that loves all things related to birth and pregnancy. 

So. Yea.

my weeklies start at 36. 
  • I'm also in the club of nothing fitting. I only have 5 weeks left to go and I am outgrowing everything. I have to ' dress up' for work and I do not want to purchase new maternity clothes. Plus, we are kind of in between seasons and one day its 70 and the next it's 50. How frustrating!
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy to report that so far my 2 week return to this workplace has been going smoothly, so hopefully it stays that way *fingers crossed* 

I could not have gotten more opposite reactions from 2 coworkers today though who were seeing me for the first time in over a year. One woman told me "oh you're not very big" upon hearing that I'm at week 30, and not 2 hours later I walked past a male coworker who loudly exclaimed "you're huge!" :neutral:
  • How much do you tip for a massage?  

I'm about to go in for a prenatal massage and it's been so long I don't even remember!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • meg2704meg2704 member
    edited April 2017
    @EmeraldNC I usually tip 20%! Hope you have a great massage, I did a prenatal on Saturday and it was just what I needed! 
  • EmeraldNC said:
    How much do you tip for a massage?  

I'm about to go in for a prenatal massage and it's been so long I don't even remember!!
    Mine is $70 for 2hrs. I give him $20
  • @mkrlx I agree with PP that appt check in is a good idea!
    @EmeraldNC so jealous! enjoy your massage!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Wino0920 2 hours?!?!?!? Omg I'd love that!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    @Wino0920 2 hours?!?!?!? Omg I'd love that!!!!
    Yes!!! It's the best!! 
  • Wino0920 said:
    Mine is $70 for 2hrs. I give him $20
    That is such a deal for a massage! My prenatal massage was $95 for 1.5 hrs. Still totally worth it.

Unrelatedly, the scale says I gained 8 lbs in a day. I know it's due to the salty food I had yesterday and lack of water, but if I show up with that kinda weight gain in my appt tomorrow, the dr will probably not be happy. Trying to down the water today and flush the system.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This morning there was a new mom at my library story hour. She was telling me about how it was her first time taking her daughter out to interact with other kids in public because she is afraid of germs. And also that she has never been away from her daughter, even for an hour or two, and she and her daughter also sleep together and separate from her husband. Her daughter is three. I usually can relate to overly-cautious parents, because I am pretty picky about who watches dd and how they interact with her.... but omg. I cannot relate to that.
  • @ellie111227 I found nothing wrong with that until you said she was 3. 3 years? Or 3 months? 
  • BellaO21BellaO21 member
    edited April 2017
    EmeraldNC said:
    How much do you tip for a massage?  

I'm a MT so here is my 2 cents lol.. Depends on where you go. If it's a Massage Envy (corporate) type place the therapists get paid less than 30% of what you pay for your session... so I would tip a little higher. 
    If it's a locally owned spa they typically get anywhere from 40-70% of the cost of the session.
    Tips are greatly appreciated but never mandatory!!! 
    With that being said... $10 is about average... $20 means your LMT will remember you and possibly give you perks on your next session (i.e free aromatherapy, extra time, ect..) 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • BellaO21BellaO21 member
    edited April 2017
    @Wino0920, you got an AMAZING deal... we charge $1/minute at the office I work out of. 

On an unrelated note...
    I apparently got audited for my 2014 taxes while I was in school... digging up receipts to prove what I spent in OOP costs is turning into a PITA since I don't have that bank account anymore.... and wasn't smart enough to remember to keep all my receipts back then  :s They want me to pay them over $1800.00.. by May  :#
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @MotherofDragons Oh, yeah, three years. At three months that would be totally normal to me!
  • This morning there was a new mom at my library story hour. She was telling me about how it was her first time taking her daughter out to interact with other kids in public because she is afraid of germs. And also that she has never been away from her daughter, even for an hour or two, and she and her daughter also sleep together and separate from her husband. Her daughter is three. I usually can relate to overly-cautious parents, because I am pretty picky about who watches dd and how they interact with her.... but omg. I cannot relate to that.
    Wut? I hear things like this and just cannot wrap my head around it. And then I wonder if it's just me because I left my kid for overnights so early so I could get through school. 3 years of no breaks from my child would have ruined me I think. 
  • I should also say I've been with the same masseuse for 12 years. He did up his price to $85 or $90 for everyone, but kept my mom and I at the same price since we are long time customers. 

I love when I can budget extra cash for a massage. I have been this whole pregnancy. 
  • I'd like a weekly apt thread! I never got into my ticker change thread but I would be interested to hear where we are all at when weekly appointments hit! It will be soon! I'm dying to know if I'll be dilated at my 36 week apt. I know it means absolutely nothing really but I like knowing.  
  • @JessyKV I'm undecided if I'm going to do a cervical check. I'm totally curious to hear everyone else's but I know they mean nothing so I don't know if I want to subject my vag to the extra checks. 
  • I'm all for a weekly appointments thread. It will be easier to keep track of everyone's progress that way. 

I'm supposed to be getting a prenatal message for mother's day. We will see if dh remembers.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @Mother0fDragons I'm for sure doing one at 36 weeks since my doctor will be down there anyway with the GBS test.  I don't think she does anymore after that unless I ask.  For some reason I have this crazy curiosity about my dilation.  I'll probably wait until 39 weeks to ask again.  I walked in to be induced with my son (I was a VBAC and they wouldn't let me get to 41 weeks) dilated to a 6 without any painful contractions so I'm a little worried I'll go super fast at home with this one.  Not that knowing my dilation really changes it either way.  But for some reason I just like knowing. I know most people like to avoid checks. I'm totally weird. 
  • @JessyKV, I totally like to know too! Since I'll likely be induced, I want to go into induction knowing conditions are favorable.

I can't believe you walked around at a 6! 
  • @MotherofDragons I'm similarly torn - I'd been checked and been at 1 the morning that my water broke at 10:30pm that night (and was still not even 2 by the time they got around to seeing how things were progressing), so being basically not dilated apparently doesn't mean anything to my body. That having been said, I would like to believe that being at 3 or 4 would indicate SOMETHING...but who knows! Decision to come, I guess.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited April 2017
    I have an ultrasound next week at 32+3 to see if my low lying placenta has moved. Just wondering for the other ladies that had an ultrasound to check on placenta did they also check growth and other things with the baby? Haven't seen him since 18+3 and he was in the 80th percentile and measuring 4 days ahead then. I think this is most likely my last ultrasound so would like to know if he's still bigger than average (though I know its all estimates).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @danij0 I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks to check my placenta and we also looked at the baby, found out how big she was at that time, and that she's breech! The tech told us that the due date is now two days sooner than what we were originally told, but my OB hasn't said anything about it. 
  • meg2704 said:
    @danij0 I had an ultrasound at 28 weeks to check my placenta and we also looked at the baby, found out how big she was at that time, and that she's breech! The tech told us that the due date is now two days sooner than what we were originally told, but my OB hasn't said anything about it. 
    I think they give an adjusted edd when they check the growth scans, but it won't usually change your due date. It just shows that they are the size of the average baby at that edd. For example, I get a lot of growth scans for GD. He's measuring two weeks ahead, but they won't change my edd because it doesn't reflect lung maturity. It just means he's big! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I too like the idea of weekly appointment thread :) 
  • Today I got the super "done being pregnant want to hold this baby" feeling.  I went to Carters and got a couple NB size outfits and got so so so excited.  
  • tjvantjvan member
    So I know everyone says that you'll want a ton of muslin swaddle blankets, but like how many does one reeeeally need? I've already gotten 3 a&a 4-packs and 2 sets of regular burp cloths. Should I take back any swaddles?? Seems like a ton.
  • danij0 said:
    I have an ultrasound next week at 32+3 to see if my low lying placenta has moved. Just wondering for the other ladies that had an ultrasound to check on placenta did they also check growth and other things with the baby? Haven't seen him since 18+3 and he was in the 80th percentile and measuring 4 days ahead then. I think this is most likely my last ultrasound so would like to know if he's still bigger than average (though I know its all estimates).
    I go back at 33 wks to check on my marginal previa as well. When she did the US at 26+4 she told me baby was measuring at 2.2 lbs (I can't remember the percentage) and then she told me position and did a quick overview. We tried to get pictures of the face again but the LO was not cooperating. I'm hoping for better luck when we go back this next time!
  • tjvan said:
    So I know everyone says that you'll want a ton of muslin swaddle blankets, but like how many does one reeeeally need? I've already gotten 3 a&a 4-packs and 2 sets of regular burp cloths. Should I take back any swaddles?? Seems like a ton.
    Depends on how often you do laundry and maybe how often baby spits up. Dd was given 7. We would have been fine with 3. This little guy will have 4. A 3 pack and Dds plain white a&a. 
  • tjvan said:
    DS had five muslin swaddle blankets. I could've used a few more. He's still using his, so I plan to pick up at least one more 4-pack.

I made 10 burp cloths for DS and each one usually only lasted one nursing session (he was a happy spitter). I don't see myself taking the time to make more this time, so I may go and buy a pack of cheap prefolds from Target. I'd like to have 15-20 total. 
  • We have 8 A&A swaddles and a bunch of burp cloths. I never felt like I needed more but DS didnt spit up much. 
  • tjvan said:
    I used 0 swaddle blankets with my DD. I preferred the sleep sack swaddle pods. To me 12 sounds excessive as long as you do laundry regularly. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• tjvantjvan member
    Awesome - thanks, guys.  Looks like I'll be regifting some A&A swaddles then!  I have no idea where they were purchased.
  • I only had 3 swaddle blankets.  I had other blankets for the car seat and floor.  That seemed to be plenty for me.  I probably have 10-15 burb cloths but neither of mine were too big of spitters. I used to tuck mine into my bra or shirt to catch the leaking/dribble from the baby so I wasn't wet after each session.  
  • I'm all for the weekly check-in thread!
  • @danij0 I had one at 27 weeks to check my
    placenta and they did go over the baby as well, didn't go over size of the baby though. The placenta had moved a good amount, but still needed a little more so I am going back at 33 weeks. They are also doing a growth check because of my history with big babies. 

Im all about a weekly appt thread as well.