October 2016 Moms

BF and Menstrual Cycle

I am 6mo pp and have been breastfeeding my LO. We supplement with formula and I also pump M-F during the day as I am a FT (full time) working mom. 

My cycle returned at 3mo pp and was regular. I had a 28 day cycle and then a 26 day cycle. 

I am currently 30 days into this 3rd cycle and have had mild cramps and back ache for 1 week now. Still no sign of my period!! I considered picking up a pregnancy test but figure it might just be my first ever "irregular cycle". 

Anyone else experience this?

Re: BF and Menstrual Cycle

• Nope, mine have been pretty regular. 
  • My cycles make no sense. There is no rhyme or reason to them, they just come and go at odd times for irregular amounts of time.

All of our bodies are different, and I would give it a little more time before running to test. Either way, I hope you get the outcome you want.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ebf for the first 5 months. Somewhere around 4.5 months pp I got my first and only period. LO is now 6 months(and 1? week) and still no signs of another period even though a month ago we started introducing formula.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I don't and haven't BF so I'm no help on this.  I hope you figure it out and don't worry yourself too much.
  • I think I jinxed myself by saying mine is regular.  Now it won't go away :(.
  • I finally started! My 3rd cycle was 32 days when I am usually 27 or 28. I had cramps for 8 days prior though and much more CM, so it through me off. Ughhh back to the "gotta be careful" times again. 
  • I am so tired of having these 10+ day periods, them going away for a week or so, then starting right back up -_- I swear I'm about to cut this stick out of my arm myself...
  • Oh no @allythekid, 10+ days is just too much.  I assumed my period would be funny for a little while but the first couple times were just like they were before pregnancy so I guess I was spoiled.

• Mine were normal after I had Addy, but after I had her (and divorced her father), I got onto a super strict, and admittedly probably not the kindest on my body, fitness regimen and it threw my whole cycle out of whack. It wasn't normal again until I was taking the mini pill after I had Jimmy. Before that it was a nightmare and I had to take a cocktail of progesterone just to be regular enough to TTC.