May 2017 Moms

Plus Sized Mamas Check In 4/9

We have had one of these in awhile. How is everyone doing? Let's chat about bumps, weight gain, clothes, medical concerns...whatever. Hope everyone is well! 
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Plus Sized Mamas Check In 4/9

• Well, I can no longer fit in a booth at a restaurant ha. I found an Easter dress/dress for my SIL
    bridal shower at Lane Bryant this weekend. Oh also they have these new work out cropped sweats that are SO comfortable. I grabbed a pair for post labor.

Medical stuff is pretty good! I think my weight gain is normal, at least the doctor hasn't brought it up. This is my last week of no appointments and then I start weekly appointments until LO comes! 
  • I didn't even think about an Easter dress! I'll probably just wear a dress with some springy leggings.

I've gained 7lbs total now with coming up from what I initially lost. I'm still hoping to keep it under 15. The less I gain, the better chance of a successful VBAC. I hate that my bump just looks like a I'm bigger unless you know me. I envy the perfect, D bumps. No medical concerns right now except that simply being overweight reduces VBAC success rates. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Loading the player...
  • @KMD1106 FX you get that VBAC! Have they talked about how long they will let you labor before doing a repeat c?
  • bacorrea said:
    @KMD1106 FX you get that VBAC! Have they talked about how long they will let you labor before doing a repeat c?
    Thanks! They haven't said anything about it. I'll have to ask. DD was breech, so no one knows how I labor. Hopefully they won't set a time limit. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @bacorrea
    I can't fit into booths either. I'm in the habit of asking for a table because DH can't usually fit in one either unless it's really roomy. Sadly, a couple of our favorite places have only booths, so we've had to avoid them for awhile. 

My pregnancy is going about as perfect as can be. I'm down 6lbs from the day I found out I was expecting. I'm pretty exicted that I bought two dresses and a pair of track pants at JCP this weekend in a 2x and they fit me at 9 months pregnant. I would have worn a 3x prior to pregnancy.

DD has been in the 50th  percentile up until week 36, she's bounced up to the 76th percentile in weight. Estimated 7lbs. I'm supposed to be induced next week because of my insulin use, but DR hasn't got that scheduled yet. Praying we do that this week at our check up!

• Hi Ladies. Things are good over here. I gained more than I was supposed too but my Dr. still isn't too worried. Trying to be really good these last four weeks. Although this last week and half I feel like I am so bloated in my feet, hands and face. I have my next appointment on Thursday so we will see what the weight gain looks like there. 

@KMD1106 sending good vibes that you get the VBAC!!
  • @KMD1106 ohh I hope you get your vbac! A friend of mine just had one a month ago and was raving how much easier the recovery was so I really hope you get yours. 

My belly button is about to pop out. Wasn't expecting that. It's like the top is out but bottom is in kind of weirdness. I'm up 17# as of last week. Dr. didnt tell me to keep to a certain amount and hasn't said anything about it so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I got my first unsolicited "when are you due bc it looks like you're about to pop?" And "are you having twins?" comments last week. 

@bacorrea  I go to Lane Bryant for my bras and I got a peplum top for post pregnancy which is my inspiration to get back down (hoping my boobs will fit in it). Disappointed as I've found some awesome work out tank tops that I wear when not working out and they discontinued them. I also wish they had a maternity section for nursing bras and tanks. 
  • @swe2 reminded me that I wanted to ask what you ladies are doing for maternity bras, tanks, and shirts. I found this one on Amazon that I think I'll buy to wear for deliver. It has good reviews for big chested gals. I usually wear molded cups though, so I'm hoping I don't feel too unsupported in it. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYLCFSM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YG676VKULD43 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I'm still down from my starting weight. Still riding high after one of my OBs told me she was pleased with my weight. My mother commented on how huge my bump is. I had to keep telling myself that she referring to the bump, not me, and not to take it personally. 

KMD1106  - I just purchased a similar nursing bra from Motherhood. It fit well but I'm used to wearing underwire. Hopefully, I can get used to it.  I had the hardest time finding nursing tanks. I finally decided to just go with regular tanks with adjustable straps. I've been practicing whipping a boob out :D, so I think it'll work.  

• @KMD1106 thanks! I added that one to my cart. I've already ordered this one and it fits! For reference I am a 46C 
    Playtex Women's Maternity Nursing Shaping Foam Wirefree, Black, XXX-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9YGGRC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_VJt7a1tne58gC
  • I bought this Bravado and it fits great. I'm a 40H right now and this has some room. I miss wearing a wire but when I wear a regular bra it hurts so bad so I live in tanks right now.  I also got the bravado nursing tank and it's fine for now but starting to get tighter and I like looser fitting clothing. I bought 4 leading lady nursing tanks and those fit great. I've been told Nordstrom is really great for larger chested women so that might be another option. 

How many nursing bras are you lady's getting? I bought the one and am thinking will get another 1 or 2 depending how much they will get used. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DZU6SNA/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1491858492&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bravado+nursing+bra

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RCL0KBY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491858672&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=leading+lady+nursing+tank
  • @KMD1106 also I was pretty excited to find out that the XXL Nursing tanks from the Target Line (Gillian O'Maley I think) fit me! I wear a size 4 (I don't like my shirts to be form fitting, I could
    probably wear a 3) at Torrid and 22 dress. 
  • @swe2 I've been told that you can have any bra converted to the nursing style at Nordstrom. Not sure if you can bring any from home or buy it there, but they have a good selection for us big busted ladies
  • Question for the STMs.. I keep hearing about these mesh panties from the hospital. Do they fit us larger ladies? or should I just plan on them being "one size" and bringing my own cheap grandma panties to wear after birth? 
  • I got this picture of the internet (idk what that link is) and it's a mannequin not a person, but this is EXACTLY what it's like and it's definitely one size fits all. @rebecca517-2
  • @bacorrea that's what I figured. Thank you!
  • Loving all these bra/tank recommendations...I was wondering what to get. None of my friends who have had kids are plus size like me  :|
  • Turns out hospital mesh panties are not one size fits all. Today they gave me 2-3x (I normally wear L/XL). 

• Turns out hospital mesh panties are not one size fits all. Today they gave me 2-3x (I normally wear L/XL). 

Oh this is interesting! I wasn't even told a size. I was just given them.
  • For some reason I'm not able to post a photo via mobile bumping but it's right on the packaging (two panties per package)
  • After birth the nurse put it on me after I was stitched up and then when I changed it they were just handed to me, I don't remember a package at all.
  • I didn't have any packages of the mesh panties while I was in the hospital. I can't find a size on the extras that came home. I'm a size 20 for pants and they fit fine. it's probably going to vary by hospital and their supply shop. I'm sure they'll have ones for you regardless. Take  what you can get so you don't ruin your own clothing