Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In: Week of 4/17 **NEW LEADER NEEDED!**

*This will be my last week starting this thread, so if any of you ladies would like to take over, please let me know!

Happy Monday ladies!!!

Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  

3. When is your next appointment?  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely!                

Mommies to be:  

*If you wrote an estimate on your EDD and it changed, just tag me when it changes so that I can update. Thanks ladies!

@SanBL EDD 10/11/2017 TWINS!!

@lady_grey EDD 10/13/17

@chocolateislife EDD 10/21/17

@lilmissslp EDD 10/21-ish

@mandmplus1  EDD 10/25/17

@Joslynj11 EDD 10/26/17

@vintage girl EDD 10/30/17

@hopeby2015 EDD 10/31/17

@Polythene Pam EDD 10/31/17

@natalie4oscar EDD 11/7/17

@Gatorgirl2009 EDD 11/8/17

@Sasha29 EDD 11/8/17

@hibiscus118 EDD 11/11/17

@LeFemmeViolette EDD 11/16/17

@srh18 EDD 11/17/17

@famiylgrl86 EDD 11/20/17

@megmralph EDD 11/21/17

@DungeonTrollMel EDD 11/29/17

@lizycs EDD 11/30/17

@Jeansis EDD 11/30/17

@shytonia EDD 12/1/17

@liljoy 12/6/17 

@MountainLady EDD 12/6/17

@carterh33 12/8/17

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8/17

@kmallery08 EDD 12/13/17

Me: 31 DH:35
TTC #1: March 2011 
Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
6 rounds of clomid
5 rounds of iui
IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
FET 1/10/2017  
Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
FET 2/2
BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st Trimester Check In: Week of 4/17 **NEW LEADER NEEDED!**

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?   13w3d EDD 10/21 (or 10/20)

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Feeling pretty great actually! I am a bit flabbergasted by the energy I have right now!

3. When is your next appointment?  On Friday! Crossing my fingers that it is a good scan!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Not that I can think of! It was a busy weekend though!

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? Busy! We had Easter at my brothers on Saturday, and then we hosted it at our house for DH's side yesterday. So many kids. Thank goodness we set up our badminton/volleyball net!

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? Oh man, I added this question and I can't think of an answer because there are so many! I will come back to this:D

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  4wks, EDD 12/25

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  bloating and constipation (thanks progesterone suppositories!) and some nausea 

3. When is your next appointment?  repeat BETA on Wednesday and then US at 6 1/2weeks 

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I have lurked this board a long time. I have unexplained IF and went through multiple rounds of IUI which gave us our rainbow twins. DH and I have been trying for almost a year again and am so excited to be here!

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? The weather was beautiful and I let DH in on the good news which was confirmed with our BETA today. Overall it was a perfect weekend. 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? Oh this is a tough one... so many great options. I spent my summers in the Adirondack mountains and its a magical place. I wouldn't mind my kids running around the woods and swimming all the time.

I am so excited to get to know you ladies. I would also be happy to take over this thread since I'll be here for a bit.

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and congratulations @Wabash15 That is such an exciting weekend and great way to start the week!! I really appreciate you taking over the thread, so thank you!

Ooof I remember the progesterone bloat, so uncomfortable! I just googled the Adirondack mountains and oh that is so beautiful. I would love to have a cabin out in the woods somewhere too. 

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  7 weeks 5 days & 12/2

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Tired, sore boobs, had some mild cramping/aches yesterday. Starting to have some mild nausea, but not too bad yet.

3. When is your next appointment?  4/26 for third u/s

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Been a little worried because I know I need to keep up a light/moderate exercise routine during pregnancy to keep me healthy/help with labor, but I have had spotting after exercising the past two weeks. My doc said everything looks great at last u/s and the spotting is nothing to worry about, but it still freaks me out and I am actually starting to fear exercise! Gentle, flat surface walking seems to be fine, but if I do any hills, go at a brisk pace, or do any other sort of exercise (all of which I feel totally capable of doing) then that seems to cause spotting. For example, I did a 15 minute low-impact aerobics video the other day, and had spotting right after! Trying to find a balance and would appreciate any tips/advice anyone has found helpful on this matter. 

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? Beautiful! Spent it with family and did a lot of relaxing. Told a few new family members and one close friend about our good news, too. 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? I think London or NYC would be at the top of my list. Somewhere with a lot of history, culture, and museums. :smile:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • baevnbaevn member

1. How far along are you?  What is your EDD?  

I'm 4 weeks 6 days my EDD is December 20th

Nausea, crazy dreams, cravings, emotional, round ligament pain, fatigue. 

My first appointment with my gyno is next Tuesday. 

This is my first check in here. This is my second child and we got pregnant using clomid after secondary infertility and 19 cycles of trying. 

QOTW:

A very nice relaxing easter weekend here. 

I like Canada a lot where I am from but would probably just move further south. 

• @jeansis I have the same trouble or more just overall fear as IF does that to you! I'm giving myself grace this first trimester, doing low impact things (bike, elliptical, light jog) and now that I'm close to the second tri I'm just increasing a bit. Longer run, etc. it's nerve wracking but I also FEEL better when active so want to keep it up :)
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 12 weeks tomorrow, 10/31 :) 

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  none still 

3. When is your next appointment?  next tues, ultrasound

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Since we had an "extra" ultrasound recently I felt good telling our extended families. I've also popped and don't feel like hiding it haha so we're traveling and shared with a few friends as it was obvious between my non-drinking and bump. Feels so nice to share the news!

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? good! Traveling with family, it's been nice. My husband and I had a rough year with all the infertility so this was the much needed breather after IVF, felt good to reconnect :)

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? Oh man... I'm a homebody who loves my family but if I had enough $$ to go home whenever- Italy (art and food), or if I stayed in the US, north or South Carolina. Love the coast and still gets cooler in winter. :)

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  6 weeks 6 days - 6th December

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  I definitely turned a less-fun corner this week :/ I'm exhausted (but struggle to sleep), sore boobs, restless legs, low blood pressure symptoms and constant nausea and burping. I have no appetite most of the time, then hunger strikes in a panic. The new rollercoaster!

3. When is your next appointment?  1st midwife appointment on Wednesday and 1st US on Friday.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  This is so much harder than I had expected - none of my sisters had any morning sickness, I just wasn't expecting it! 

I'm really struggling with being "lazy" - I am just not that person! It's driving me nuts to sit on my butt all day, but I nearly fainted just walking up a little hill yesterday. I just want to go to yoga and ride my bike! At this rate I will be massively unfit for labor.

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? My Dad, stepmom and brother arrived to stay with us for 3 weeks - I was apprehensive, but so far it's been lovely. We fessed up about the baby after a couple of nights of trying to disguise it... it's definitely easier! It was amazing to see the sunshine.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? I am pretty in love with living in the mountains - lakes, bikes and climbing in the summer, skiing in the winter... but I would not say no to living in Hawaii from March to June and September to December! 

@Jeansis that must be so nerve-wracking - even with a professional reassuring you. I would probably be avoiding it too. Nothing wrong with flat-ground walking if that's the limit of what your body is interested in... I am really nervous about losing all my fitness in this next few weeks, but the logical part of me says it will be fine - you'll have to go slow for a few weeks to keep from worrying, then you can add things back. FX. Have you tried swimming?

I also love London! 

Welcome @wabash15!! You have twins in there?  :D Thanks you for taking on the group admin too! 

@ChocolateIsLife so good to hear about the energy - I'm excited for that! Congratulations on moving on up!

Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @jeansis I have had spotting with my last 2 pregnancies. It can be totally normal, but I get how scary it is. Have you tried some more low key yoga?  I love yoga with adiranne on youtube. even just walking will help to keep you in shape so try not to stress too much about getting out of shape for labor. hang in there!
    @mountainlady have you tried preggo-pops? they really helped me with the nausea last time. I also lived on ginger ale and saltines for a while. Hang it there, it will get better!  With the twins during the first trimester I was so exhausted I could hardly move off the couch. it gets better too.  There could be twins, I had four follies so now is the waiting game to see how many are in there!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• *lurking from the 2nd tri thread*
    @wabash15 So excited to see you over here!!!!!! 
  • @persnickity thanks! I'm so excited to participate and not just lurk!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• srh18srh18 member

1. How far along are you? 9 weeks 3 days with triplets What is your EDD?  11/17 is the 40 week due date; primary goal is getting to at least 9/22 (32 weeks).

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  So tired I feel like I'm dying most of the time.  Acne is flaring up pretty bad.  A lot of pretty heavy bleeding (subchorionic hemorrhages).  Otherwise, feeling pretty good!

3. When is your next appointment?  So many appointments coming up!  MFM on wednesday, first OB appt on Monday.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  The triplets are doing great and it's feeling more real every day.  We told our immediate families over the weekend and I feel so excited about continuing to share the news over the next couple of weeks.

QOTW:

1. How was everyone's weekend? Busy but great!  We had dinner at my in-laws on Friday to tell my husband's siblings about the babies and then we drove to Ohio for Easter and news sharing with my family.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?  I love too many places!  I'm pretty happy in Baltimore, but I do miss Cleveland sometimes.  The weather in SoCal is my ideal, and I love the ocean, so m@ChocolateIsLife 

@ChocolateIsLife ahhhh congrats on moving up!!  Looking forward to hearing good updates from your scan Friday!

@wabash15 welcome and congrats on a positive beta!! Do you think it's possible this is twins take 2?!?!

@Jeansis I hear you on spotting being nerve wracking!  Last week, I had full-on full flow bleeding and I was freaking out.  It turned out to be nothing (dr speak to describe the risks of a large subchorionic hemorrhage lol).  It doesn't seem to matter what the drs say, though, seeing blood while pregnant just doesn't feel normal.  Fx this clears up soon for you.

@baevn welcome and congrats!

@MountainLady I hear you on "being lazy"!  I am struggling so seriously much with fatigue that it's all I can do to get through work and then collapse on my couch at night.  The most exercise I've gotten is blow drying my hair in the morning after my shower (and, if I'm being fully honest, I usually lay down on my bed and prop my head with a couple of pillows to do the blow drying lol).  It's pitiful.  I'm putting stock in my energy coming back in the second tri.  Fx the same goes for you!!

• @srh18 it could be. we had 4 big follies this time, and last time we had 4 follies we ended up with the twins. Also at the beginning of the twin pregnancy before we knew it was twins I had recurring dreams that it was triplets. I have already had dreams about quads so far....  Our goal is one, on my crazy days I want twins again but I'm not sure DH (or myself) is ready for HOM on top of the twins! That being said we will love whatever is in there and make it work!  I had a period of time during my first trimester with the twins where I was sooo exhausted. We were moving and I could only help pack if I sat on the couch and DH brought me stuff and a box, it did get better. hang in there, you body is working hard!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 , glad to have you here!

1. How far along are you?  What is your EDD?  6w4d, Dec. 6th

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Unfortunately, severe non-stop nausea and vomiting :( I'm also dizzy/very weak because of not eating almost anything for days, so I'm almost on bed rest all the time...I saw the heartbeat which was very emotional, and doc said to just try to eat (yeah, so easy) and take vit. B6 for the nausea. We'll see, but I feel pretty depressed and weird because of this.

3. When is your next appointment?  In 2weeks, when I'll be graduating from RE

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Unfortunately the 1st US had to also come with worries, there is some blood in the uterus and the doc warned me I could have red bleeding coming up....:( In reading I understand it is hematoma and it increases the risk of m/c, so one more thing to worry about...

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10w2d 11/11

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?   Same as last week.. constipation, exhaustion, moody. 

3. When is your next appointment?  I had an unrelated hiccup last week and needed my OB, but haven't been to one yet after graduating from RE.  So now I have an appt. 4/24.  

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  I ordered a Doppler tonight.  Pretty excited about that. 

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? Busy but good.  We told my grandparents and aunt and they were excited. 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?  Hmmm.  Somewhere on the beach.  I love The outer banks but think the west coast would be cool too.  Can I just have multiple houses?!?

TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  6 + 3, 12/8

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  nausea kicked in all day as of yesterday, boobs are still crazy sore, fatigue, and - a little TMI - I've been having provocative dreams which have ended in orgasm! I have really bad cramping for about 5 minutes after....like worst AF cramps ever. 

3. When is your next appointment?  4/25 - first u/s

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  i just want to take a moment to thank the universe for bean and cheese burritos. Burritos in general really. I have about 6 pg friends and we all think they should be the official food of pregnancy. Haha

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend?  lovely! I drove up to Portland for the weekend and the weather was fantastic. 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? This is tough! If I could have a house at the beach (any beach really), house in the country, and condo in the city I would be the happiest person in the world. 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  Today I am 9w3d, EDD 11/16/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Lack of energy (though I think that's improving), peeing more often, and occasional intestinal probs.

3. When is your next appointment?  April 27th. After our last ultrasound, I've felt a little uneasy. I think my OB could tell, so she offered another u/s soon. I could have had one this week, but I thought I should try to wait two weeks since I've had an u/s every week for the past 3 weeks. But ugh the 27th seems so far away now!

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Um, hope this isn't an overshare. Hopefully you'll find this story funny and/or take pity on me. See how my weekend was below...

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? DH and I booked an Airbnb for a long weekend in the mountains. Normally I've done the booking since I love to reserve cute little tiny houses and/or unique spaces. But this time he booked. He showed me the place online- it did look pretty neat. It was touted as a hand-crafted cabin, and it had lots of cool touches. We got there and agreed the pictures were accurate- it was a pretty unique, cozy place. What was NOT accurate, however, was the listing's description of the bathroom. While the bathroom itself was fine (nice shower and sink), we saw the "toilet" was a wooden platform with a toilet seat. We lifted it to find... a 5 gallon bucket. Apparently this is called a "composting toilet," and after you "go" you cover it up with a scoop of sawdust. After much grumbling, we agreed to have a "pee only" rule, and we'd try to do our #2s when we were out and about. Welllll... that plan went out the window that evening when I woke up with horrible intestinal cramping and ended up having diarrhea. Sigh. I hope none of you ever have to have diarrhea in a bucket.

Just curious though- has anyone else had problems like this? I was expecting constipation, but since my beta I've now had 2 bouts of this. And I don't normally have those kind of issues. 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? Today my answer is anywhere with normal flushing toilets. :/ 

Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited April 2017
    I must say I'm a bit confused as to why I seem to be among the very few here to have non-stop nausea and feeling really lousy...I'm starting to beat myself up over being so unlucky..in real life when I see women they tell me oh, I had such bad nausea/vomiting non-stop for 4 months, so you're fine! Uhmm....I mean, I literally eat one or two slices of cheese and a few crackers per day and vomit every day, and can barely function (I had to put my outside life on hold).
  • *lurking from third tri* 
    @liljoy my MS was about as bad as you describe. There were days when all I could do was hold down water. I ended up in hospital once because I couldn't hold fluids down anymore. It's awful, it really is. Most of my friends hadn't really experienced nausea or anything so I felt like I was the odd one out. I was fortunate that after the hospital visit they put me on a couple of tablets that seemed to work at keeping me from vomiting, I would eat the same thing for lunch and dinner for weeks. I hope that eventually it stops for you or you find some relief soon. Have you tried the B6? That's one of the tablets I was on along with doxylamine and it really helped. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• @liljoy I'm sorry your having such bad nausea. I have heard some ladies have their doctors prescribe unisom and B6 in combination and it helps a lot. It might be worth asking. I also lived on pregopops and ginger ale(with real ginger) pregnancy is not fun for everyone. I hope things get better soon.
    @lafemmeviolette it's totally understandable that your nervous. I hope your bean continues to be a fighter. Thanks for sharing the bucket story! LOL. Some ladies get diarrhea instead of constipation . 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited April 2017
    @teriulbricht Thanks for not letting me feel I'm alone in this...I saw the RE and she told me to take vit. B6 tablets, so I'll see if it gets any better. 
    @wabash15 Thanks, I'll try pregopops too, and maybe ginger tablets, as I can't stand ginger ale. 
  • @liljoy only 4 more weeks?! Ha, not that reassuring right? It's going to be a challenge but you will manage it! I had so.e success with ginger ice pops today...

@LeFemmeViolette what a vacation - it's definitely a stretch to call that a composting toilet! I've had that issue a few times now too - I think it's marginally preferable to constipation, once you stay hydrated!

@PoeMasque haha :D DH and I got the nerve to try sex again last week, and I had the same cramps after - it really killed the mood! I've said I want to talk to the midwife before we try again!
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @LeFemmeViolette oh my gosh that is hilarious but terrible! Same issue over here, we were traveling and seems if I ate a touch of grease (a chip) I had that issue. Not fun when staying with inlaws. But better than a bucket, ugh!
  • @LeFemmeViolette - **lurking from second tri** hahaha thanks for the laugh. We had a composting toilet at the cottage until a few years ago so I know just what you mean - brought back some pretty funny memories (we cram 27 ppl in that cottage at thanksgiving, one bucket). Constipation has been my biggest pregnancy symptom but in the first trimester I would have a few completely random boughts of diaherrra that would almost make me nervous. OB said it was normal.

@wabash15 - so happy to see you here!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10-6, 11/8

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Actually things continue to subside right now.  The nausea is getting better, although I'm still getting serious food aversions and occasional cravings.  My newest fun symptoms are light-headedness and occasional low-grade headaches, which always freak me out because they start the same way my migraines start, though they haven't turned into full-blown migraines yet (and I hope they don't, since I can't take my meds for a few more weeks). 

3. When is your next appointment?  Next week I have almost back-to-back, MFM for NT scan and all that on Wednesday, then my 12 week with my OB on Friday.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Came off progesterone this past week!  Ugh I was so grateful to be done with it.  My symptoms definitely subsided some when I came off, and I lost literally 4lbs of water weight overnight the first night without it.  I actually called my dr the next day because I was concerned about such a big weight drop, but she said that while it's not exactly common to have that much of a weight drop, if I'm normally prone to holding water weight (I am), and there's nothing else worrisome happening (there isn't), it's nothing to be concerned about as long as it doesn't happen again.  Happily, I no longer look puffy, now I just look either very newly pregnant or like I had an extra large burrito for lunch lol, but it's confined to my belly.

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? Kinda awesome.  We broke the news to our families at Easter and let the cat out of the bag to our close friends.  I know we're a little on the early side with that, but we figured between the way I look, the way I'm eating, and that I'm not drinking, we wouldn't be able to hide it much longer anyway unless I just entirely stop leaving the house, plus we've had 2 very good u/s and no concerning symptoms, so we just figured screw it, let it out and hope for the best. 

Although I have to admit, I'm also now privy to all the minor annoyances of being publicly pregnant.  No, grandmom, it's not appropriate to ask me in front of my entire extended family if I'm pooping regularly and yes, I absolutely do realize my boobs are enormous, but thank you for pointing that out in front of my niece's 21 year old boyfriend who is now traumatized.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?  I mean I guess it depends on the money- do I have to live on money I actually earn, or does FU-money just magically appear in my bank account?  Either way, I'd live on a beach somewhere.  DH and I are both scuba divers, and I honestly can't think of anywhere or anytime I'm happier than when I'm 90ft down and the world disappears, so if I could just leave it all behind and go somewhere else, start a new life, I'd go somewhere I could be underwater as often as humanly possible.  It's funny, everyone asks me if now that I'm pregnant, what do I miss most, and they all expect to hear sushi or coffee or booze, but really, it's the fact that I know I won't be able to dive for the better part of a year.

• stella_700stella_700 member
    edited April 2017

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  5 weeks 2 days, guessing mid-December

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  mostly sore boobs, fatigue (a 8:30PM bedtime is very unusual for me), hungry at regular intervals

3. When is your next appointment?  RE doing a third beta test tomorrow, first ultrasound should be late next week. I'm very excited to see if both embryos stuck.

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  Been a long journey, this is simply marvelous.

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? We had dinner with DH's family on Saturday and rested on Sunday.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? I'd love a house in the mountains. I miss the snow.

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  10 weeks 6 days, Nov. 8 @sasha29-2- we are due date twins!

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Mostly just headaches, back aches and some trouble sleeping. I usually sleep like a rock, so waking up multiple times a night is not normal!

3. When is your next appointment?  Two weeks from tomorrow, May 3 I have NT scan with MFM and then I see my normal OB on May 4, it will be a busy week! This will be the longest I've gone without an ultrasound, good thing my doppler came in the mail yesterday! :)

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  So we used the doppler for the first time last night and I spent about 10 minutes looking and couldn't get it so I stopped for a few hours, tried later and my husband wanted to try and he got it almost right away!

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? At our first Easter event we got to tell our nieces and nephew, two are too young to get it but the other 3 did and they were so cute and excited! We then did dinner with my husband's aunts/uncles/grandma/cousins and surprised them by having Easter eggs with our ultrasound and a little thing that says "We are egg-specting our own little peep in November!" We waited for someone to open one up and I got an amazing video of it all, they freaked out! It was great to get to surprise some family because the rest has been involved throughout the IVF process.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?  Probably one of the virgin islands or Costa Rica just for the views!

• Hi ladies! I can't believe I go here now! We've been trying for 6.5 years and just received our very first ever bfp a few weeks ago! Looking through the due date list...it's crazy how many of us are due within a day or two of each other!

7w6d ... due date 11/29

All day nausea that has been so miserable. Started taking meds and feel SO much better. Other than that, tired, bloated, and fat. Still waiting on those awesome boobs ya'll are talking about...

Monday will be our last appt/ultrasound with our RE. I'm so nervous to see how baby is growing!

Did you all shop around for an OB? I'm not sure if I should schedule a consult with a couple to see which one I like best or just go for one? Advice?

QOTW:

Great! Spent the day with family. We've been open about our IVF journey so everyone in the family knows.

We visit coastal North Carolina every year and love it there.

@LeFemmeViolette Hilarious!! Glad you survived the weekend though :)

@liljoy Try taking a Unisom sleep tab with 50mg of B6 at night (obviously run that by your dr first). This is what was prescribed to me because I was too miserable to get out of bed. I feel like an entirely new person so it might really help you too.

Me: 31  DH: 32  Dx: Unexplained
    TTC #1 off and on since 2010
    11/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    12/15 - Clomid + TI = BFN
    1/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    2/16 - Clomid + IUI = BFN
    4/16 - Follistim + IUI = BFN
    5/16 - 11/16 - Life / WTFing / Pity Party / Saving $
    1/17 - IVF #1 (Fresh Transfer / 6 frosties) = BFN
    3/17 - FET.... BFP! EDD 11/29
  • retasretas member

7w4d EDD dec 1st, 2017 :)

Slightly sick all the time, tired, sore boobs and food aversions  

April 24th ultrasound to see the heart beat 

Praying for good news on April 24th, this is my third time making it this far, the last two there was no heartbeats and we were crushed 

• @PolythenePam Thanks! I know what you mean! Exercise is my favorite way to destress...Just not right now haha. Hope to get back to that though. That's awesome that you have stayed so active! I miss running, but don't dare try it right now since my body is being so ridiculously sensitive to every little jolt. 

@MountainLady Thanks! I haven't tried swimming, but that's a good idea! Especially for the summer! Definitely going to stick to flat, easy walking for now and pick up the pace in a few weeks if I feel up to it.

@wabash15 That is reassuring. Thank you! I have not tried yoga yet, but that sounds really nice. I used to take classes at a local studio and was wondering if they have a prenatal class there. Thanks for the channel recommendation!

@PoeMasque I had a few provocative dreams like that too!! It really freaked me out! That was about 2 weeks ago I think. Haven't had any more. So strange! Glad to know I'm not the only one! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Interesting new sensation today. It's like a light, infrequent/spontaneous throbbing around the vagina/cervix (I think). If I don't sit down slowly it hurts a little. Definitely wouldn't classify this feeling as cramps though. Uterine growth spurt maybe?

In other news, 2 more nights of PIO injections!
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • welcome to all the newcomers!  Congrats on your bfps!

@ChocolateIsLife - congrats on making it to 2nd tri - see you there in 2 weeks!

@lin&amp;say - my gyn is also my ob.  Maybe check with your gyn, if you are comfortable with them?

@lafemmeviolette - omg!  That sounded horrible! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?  12+1 10/31

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  i feel like ive gotten more tired these days.  I am SO ready for my 2nd tri burst of energy!

3. When is your next appointment?  thursday - have the nt scans

4. Anything else you'd like to share?  not really

QOTW:

1. How was everyones weekend? we visited family and now everyone knows that we are pg with twins.   I even told my boss on monday.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?  Paris.  Its an amazing city.  I managed to go there once for 3 days and then i went once with dh - i loved it! I love the culture, the language, the sites, and its not too far to other european cities that i imagine I'd be able to visit. 

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @LeFemmeViolette I had a similar weird sensation like that over the weekend.   It seemed "normal," not that I know what normal is! 
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• @hibiscus118 Ha! I'm sure there are a whole bunch of new normal feelings coming our way. :)

PS- all done with PIO and estrace! Woo hoo! 
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any weekend plans?? I can't believe I'll be in the second tri after next week. I feel like I need to do SOMETHING baby related so we may take my daughter to get baby a teddy bear at build-a-bear. My husband did it for my daughter and I took all her monthly pics with it. Otherwise no plans :) 
  • We have no real plans except for getting the house all cleaned up and more organized.  We have to start getting serious about making room.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @Polythene Pam aww that sounds like a sweet plan for the weekend! It is pretty amazing how fast the second trimester sneaks up! I can't wait to see all of you in the second trimester board!

@mountainlady ahh that is a beautiful heartbeat! It is going to be amazing how much she has grown at your 12 week ultrasound! I just realized I assumed it was a she for some reason.

@hopeby2015 oh I hear you there! I can't wait to purge all the junk out of our house. I wish I could hire a team of cleaners and organizers for the weekend and just let them go at it. 

AFM I'm going to try and finish all of my classwork by tomorrow evening, so that we can go to the beach on Sunday. I need to make sure I get the a bug spray that works, as well as sunscreen. It's in Galveston which i think might be in a zika zone, not sure though. OH we also had another scan this morning, and my SCH is almost gone!!! My fibroids grew since last scan, and are causing weird cramps, but he said it isn't an issue, just uncomfortable for me. We are soooo relieved, and don't have another scan until 19 weeks! 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @srh18 ahh that is so exciting to hear all 3 heartbeats!!! FX that the SCH reabsorbs and that the placenta moves a bit into a more comfy place for you!

@LeFemmeViolette congrats on stopping PIO! Isn't it great to be done? I have heard people describe that feeling around the vagina as lightening crotch on other boards before... :# Are you still feeling it?
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker