Pregnant after IF

PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of April

Re: PAIF Graduates - New Mommies - Month of April

• @mskeenan - that's exactly where I was when I decided to stop breastfeeding and I was still on maternity leave at the time. You are a rock star either way and he will be fine if you switch to formula. All of the stress doesn't help your supply either. You could always supplement and try to breastfeed at night if you don't want to give up completely and then do formula during the day.. or slowly wean yourself off of pumping. 

@dragonfaerie hugs and prayers to you. Please let us know if you need anything! We love you
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry to read that @dragonfaerie. Sending tons of prayers and creepy internet hugs.
    Hang in there, and we are here for you if needed!

I can't imagine the struggle @mskeenan. You've got this no matter what you decide to do! 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @dragonfaerie mental health is important will be thinking about you. 
    So ladies work week is hard today I'm working late not by choice and I'm crying already cause the girls will be sleeping by the time I get home. DH is home with them today I know he can handle it but I'm just not cool with working late. I know I need to work but it's hard. Luckily I'm off tomorrow from work and get to spend the day with the girls 
  • @ultratomato I also had days where I would come home late and literally see v for 10 min. I just think that I'll get to see more of her the next day and that keeps me going. It sucks though, I know. 
  • @ultratomato the first week was hard for me as well . i have been working for almost 2 months now, it doesnt hurt the same way anymore . but the grief for the time i cannot spend with my kid and the constant feeling of 'missing' is always there. enjoy yor day off tomorrow!
  • Thanks girls. He's a trooper. Some treatments he's better for than others lol. 

@dragonfaerie take your time, we'll be here when you're ready to come back! Thinking of you. 

@mskeenan sorry you're struggling with your supply. It's amazing you've been able to keep up this far! I know it's inevitable, but try not to be too hard on yourself! 

@ultratomato ugh. Late nights suck, I know. 

Hope you all enjoy your passover/Easter! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @ultratomato boo for late nights working. Enjoy the extra cuddles tomorrow when you are home with them!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can only imagine @ultratomato. It sucks that life is expensive and we have to work. 
    Enjoy all the cuddles tomorrow!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Thanks ladies I know DH can handle putting them to bed but I just wanted to see them. Anyone else have trouble with their little ones napping in their cribs during the day and at night getting so upset and crying and then eventually calms down and sleeps in their bed this is what I'm going through right now with one of them. Also today is a pretty special day going to pick out my nieces semi formal dress hope the girls behave 
  • Pia naps very often in my bed @ultratomato. (Also at night, sometimes at the beginning and sometimes halfway through) 
    I know they go through a period of separation anxiety, so think Pia has that (as well as theeting I think)
    Also when a lot has happened during the day she needs my bed (guess it smells like mummy) 
    Ive been to Babymassage and got recommended to always let Pia wear a hat (a summer one if it's warm outside) as she still has her soft spot a lot of impressions go through there which makes her restless and wants to be close to process it all.
    With the (summer)hat one 'protects' them from the outside world.

Is it every time one of the girls has trouble sleeping in the crib? Or has the day be different, more eventful?

• Hi ladies! I know my participation on the forum has been minimal but between work and a very active 6mos old, my free time is limited. I'm happy to see everyone is still here and supportive. @dragonfaerie I'm sorry to read about the PPD sending you positive thoughts and prayers. @capps42613 so sorry to see Cason is not feeling well. Hopefully he's better today. @mskeenan do what works best for you! Amazing how well you managed to keep pumping even after returning to work. @ultratomato I know all too well about long crazy work days and missing mommy time. Hopefully you have less of those days. 

AFM, I've gained weight since returning to work and have been slowly slipping into depression about it. I'm not an emotional eater, I go 12-14 hrs without anything to eat or drink and when i get home, I'm starving and grab what's convenient and not healthy. So now I have to find time add more excercise and meal prep into this busy life of mines. 
  • @tvh1982 it's every nap and every bedtime she does it. Not sure what's going on with her. At some point when she is older she is going to have to cry it out I will not always pick her up and soothe her immediately. It just seems like it has got worse recently not sure but DH thinks if she doesn't nap well during the day that's why she is so hard to get down at night 
  • @Jerseygirl856 have you had your thyroid checked recently? 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @Jerseygirl856 I agree with @capps42613. My thyroid went way out of wack after Eli was born. I lost all of my pregnancy weight in like  a week and then when he changed my meds I put in like 10 pounds in a month.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey mommas! I have tried to keep up with everyone's posts but haven't posted much as DD is keeping me busy! I am struggling some and wondered if any of you have gone through something similar and also felt this way. My LO has had 3 nights this week where she cluster feeds. Everything you read about cluster feeding says "6 to 10pm" ha ha! One night she went from 9pm to 5:30am, 8pm until 2:30am, last night 9pm til 6am.....she is *frantic* about finding my nipple and if she sleeps it is for 45 mins at the most. Rocking,singing,burping, holding doesn't console her. She is EBF right now (and we have seen a lactation consultant so know she is getting enough milk- seeing her due to tongue tie procedure she had done).
    I am very close to adding in formula/bottle feedings but also struggling with feeling frustrated when it is happening -I love this little girl so much but am resentful that I can't have "normal" new mom sleep deprivation. I have an appointment monday with LC and plan to get her thoughts too.
    Thanks for any advice! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @dragonfaerie take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @capps42613 @Griffin5413 I actually scheduled an appointment with my PCP and I will ask about it. Thanks ladies! 
  • @2legbaby I wish I could be helpful but I stopped breastfeeding a little over a month ago and was never exclusively doing so. Hopefully you get some answers soon!

so Eli hasn't kept any food down today. He has spit up and vomited every time we have fed him. Once he's done he is smiling and playful and he doesn't have a fever. I'm thinking it's bc his a cold is draining into his tummy but he's on his last day of amoxicillin too. Plus I think he is starting to teeth so it's been a fun day all around. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies,
    This is my first time posting in this board. I had my twins via c-section a week ago at 33 weeks. They are both in the nicu and doing quite well. I am struggling though. I don't think it has much to do with them being in the nicu as much as the baby blues. I just want to cry constantly for no apparent reason and when their is a reason I cry harder. How long did these hormones last for all of you? Does anything make them better? I am not a crier around other people so sitting at the hospital all day I feel like I am constantly trying to hold tears back. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kelrauh congrats on your babies! I'm glad they are doing well. I cried all of the time after Eli was born for several weeks. I know especially in the first few weeks your hormones are going crazy. Hang in there but also don't be afraid to talk to someone if you are worried it is getting worse!!!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelrauh Congrats on the birth of your babies. I hope their nicu stay is short. I definitely cried often for the first (maybe) two weeks. It's hard to tell what is normal vs abnormal especially right after birth. Take deeps breaths and reach out to someone sooner rather than later if you continue to struggle. Welcome aboard, mama.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • congrats @kelrauh ! hope the nicu stay will be short and you can take your babies home soon. i cried at random things for a week , then had few episodes the following week. i remember a saturday i couldnot stop crying all day long. 
  • Congrats @kelrauh !!!!! Hope your babes are doing well . I cried a lot in the beginning . In fact I still cry . But the beginning was much more intense . I can't even remember how long that phase lasted bc it was all a blur . I was so tired . Hang in there mama !! You aren't alone ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @2legbaby ah that sounds really rough ! My son had cluster feedings but not for that long . How old is your little one ? Hopefully it's just a short phase that'll pass . I find that once I get used to something everything changes so maybe you can get past this ? If not , formula is a great option so you and your boobs can get a break . Breastfeeding is so freaking difficult I hate how so many people act like it's just this easy carefree natural thing bc it is certainly exhausting ! What did the lactation consultant end up saying ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @kelrauh welcome and congrats on the twins. I'm also a twin mom of almost 4 month old girls. I cried a lot in the beginning because my csection got infected and I was away from my girls for a week then depressed because I had a wound vac and was worried about the girls catching my infection. My crying has minimized but now I cry because I miss them and I'm at work. It will get easier with the crying. It will also get easier with the twins too. If you can feed them around the same time or one after the other that is the best advice I can offer because the nicu will gave them on that schedule already. Mine weren't in the nicu and I have not mastered feedings at the same time but I do one after the other. I hope to be able to feed the same time with solids.if you have any questions twin related or other please ask me. Good luck 
  • Thanks @Griffin5413 and @mskeenan. LO is 3 weeks old and lactation consultant agreed that she is cluster feeding due a growth spurt and that (like everything else with babies! ) she just doesn't follow the typical 4 h pattern. She says it should hopefully end in next day or two.
    I was struggling a lot with the emotional affects of it..... that I had gone through IF so I should be happy all the time and that I should be thankful about every motherhood challenge and instead I was frustrated and crying... I read this article that arrived in my email and it helped a lot  https://www.fitpregnancy.com/baby/i-finally-have-baby-so-why-do-i-feel-guilty/?did=26235-20170416&utm_campaign=parents_dailypregnancy_recurring_week41_day10&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pmm-newsletter

@kelrauh my "spontaneous " crying was pretty bad the first 2 weeks but has gotten better.....I feel so  bad for DH because he always wants to know what's wrong and I am like 'I have no idea! '. So glad Patrick and Cecilia are doing well! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • So I started to post a while back...but never got to finish...

I totally understand @jerseygirl856. I don't work yet and I don't have enough hours in a day.
    Think you working mums are amazing.
    Im dreading September, but by then Pia and I should have a proper routine!

How did it go at daycare @ultratomato?
    Has daycare helped with sleeping at night or was it chaos?

I don't breastfeed @2legbaby and I have been blessed with clusterfeeding during the day.
    Hang in there!
    Isn't it lovely how babies don't follow script!

I still cry more than I used to @kelrauh
    The big cries stopped about 3 to 4 weeks after Pia was born. But I've noticed I'm still very emotional.
    More when I see something on to or read something. Not at random stuff like before :)
    I hated crying and always tried not too, but after taking hormone shots and crying in front of my new boss at an introduction one on one meeting I don't really care about the crying anymore.
    Loved the picture of your twins. Stalked you in the other post ;)

Pia slept from 23:30 until 07:07! 
    I woke up at 06:30 and thought 'what did just happen?'
    Then my alarm went at 7 as we'd have babyswimming, and I was a tad annoyed as I was awake and she wasn't! But 7 minutes later she woke and I heard her chatting :) I actually woke up refreshed, I'm confused ;)

• Hi, everyone! I am new around these parts but have been lurking for a few weeks now. DS2 came 4 weeks early and is 10 days old today! Despite being a preemie, he was 7lbs. 1oz. at birth and is already back to his birth weight, even though we had some early problems with BFing. I had major low supply problems with DS1, so I was prepared to supplement this time around. My milk didn't come in until about 5-6 days after birth, but now things seem to be going well, and today is our first day without formula. Apart from sleep deprivation and crazy hormones, I am doing pretty well overall.

@kelrauh I am right there with you, my friend. Postpartum hormones are making me a bit nutty, and I'm crying a lot. I had PPD after having DS1, so it's definitely on my radar this time around, too. While it's certainly normal to feel like you're feeling, please don't hesitate to get help if you feel you need it. You have been through SO MUCH at this point - make sure you are taking care of yourself. 

@2legbaby Another thing you might want to try is a pacifier. Sometimes they just need comfort - not food. It's also possible she has gas or is cold or just wants to be near you, and BFing is her way to get what she is after. If it really is cluster feeding, that is a pretty extreme case, and I hope it resolves itself soon!! And I agree with @mskeenan that formula may be a good option. Supplementing during situations like that can help you to take care of yourself - which helps you to take better care of your LO!

@tvh1982 Isn't it funny when they actually sleep?? I remember with DS1, DH and I both leapt out of bed checking if he was still breathing the first time that our alarm woke us up before he did!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @tvh1982 my lactation consultant said her daughter cluster fed during the day and that she was so tired she didn't recognize her own sister when she came to her door!

@BlueEyedDreamer glad your little man is doing well! we have tried the pacifier-she was fine taking taking one the first two weeks but since this Feeding Frenzy has started if you give her a pacifier or a finger she makes the ugliest face and spits it out! I am concerned because today she started doing it during the day.... if not better by tomorrow I am to follow up with the lactation consultant, but may also consider a trip to pediatrician to make sure nothing else going on. 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @BlueEyedDreamer - congrats and welcome! Glad you joined us
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 well they only had daycare one day so we shall see they said they will work on getting my one twin to sleep in the crib during naps so hopefully this will make things easier at home the first couple of days they said they would do the swing. The twins also go to my parents two days awake so that is where they wen today and we shall see how daycare goes tomorrow meaning Wednesday because while I'm about to post this the time will change lol
  • capps42613capps42613 member
    edited April 2017
    @BlueEyedDreamer congrats on your baby boy! Whoa... if he was early and weighed 7lbs I wonder how much he'd weigh at full term. Glad you can join us, I remember you from IF threads. 

@tvh1982 yayyy Pia girl!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Welcome @blueeyeddreamer ! congrats !! Glad you are doing well !!! 

Well ladies i mentioned about a month ago that I flooded my bathroom leaving a sink with water running . Well i did it again yesterday and flooded my master bath , part of my bedroom and closet . Ugh mommy brain is so real . I need sleep !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan that stinks ugh hopefully we will alll get back to normal in a year lol. 
    Anyone dealing with 4 month sleep regression I may have mentioned this already but my one twin is being so hard to get down every night goes to sleep for 10 min and then up screaming happens about 5 times then she sleeps
  • @mskeenan what a bummer! Hopefully it will get better soon. 
    @ultratomato at 4 months we still were only at about 4-5 hour stretches so I didn't really notice much of a difference. As Eli gets closer to 5 months he has just started sleeping longer stretches. Hope it doesn't last long!
    i think the flu is hitting our house! DH has a stomach bug and I was up for a bunch of the night. Hoping it doesn't last long 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ladies I don't do this with the girls but I think I should start implementing a same bedtime each day. I have a routine but it's not always the same time and they don't always get a bottle but I think I need to change that. What do you ladies do?
  • We have been keeping the sleep time at 8pm , she kinda knows that it is her sleep time I think. We change her diaper, change to PJs, lower the light and read some books and play in my bed little bed. Then she falls asleep while nursing. I had mentioned before that L`s sleeps had been getting worse and worse at around 4.5 months. She was having hard time to get into deep sleep and then woke up every 1-2 hours. It is getting better now but still worse than how she was 2 months old :) 
  • I try to have bedtime at 8.
    We'll bath at 7-7:30 and or do a massage. Depending on how tired she is.
    Then a bottle in her room where the lights are off and she has her doll (the one that breathes) and a rabbit square thing she likes to put on her face. 
    She'll fall asleep in my arms.

The last few days she is not having our routine and sometimes she goes to bed at 5-6 which messes with my 8 o'clock :(
    Yesterday night she was awake at 2:30 for 2 hrs driving me nuts. Today she slept barely and it took me 2 hours to get her down. I have put something in her bottle to thicken it a little as she has a light reflux, and think she is cramping as she was seriously overstreching. And last night if I think back she did that too, I just thought she was a lil sh*t and not wanting to sleep.

As for the 4month regression. I was in Norway at the time and Pia slept in the same bed, which made it not as bad as she would wake and fall asleep again if I slept next to her (we had more feedings at night) 

oh man, not recognising ones sister @2legbaby! Glad I skipped that. I forget my name, but still know my sister. Think cluster feeding when bottle fed is less heavy, and I was lucky my mum saw me in the store and took Pia for the night the day after (I apparently looked horrible)

Congratulations @blueeyeddreamer!
    Its indeed funny how one thinks 'is she still alive' when they sleep long.
    I check, but not always a good idea, cause sometimes Pia wakes up and I think 'fudge'!

You definitely need sleep @mskeenan!
    Anyone you trust Vince with for a night to get some sleep?
    Not sure how much your house can handle flooding, so think about it!

Just had to ran upstairs to an upset little girl. She farted some grown up man farts and fell back asleep in my arms. 
    Its going to be a long night for the both of us.

• Oghh @tvh1982, L wanted to play with my face for an hour last night. All the attempts to nurse her, rock her into sleep just ended up with a laugh at me ! After an hour she decided to go back to sleep. Then she slept in and both DH and I were late for work because she has been our 6.30 alarm last few weeks:)))
  • Hahahah, oops...might need to put your alarm back on @zoefer
    Isnt it lovely when they play with your face? Do you have scratches like me all over? (Its my own fault, I'm to scared to cut her nails so postpone it until she scratches herself)