Pregnant after IF
Options

Indigestion

Never had indigestion before being pregnant. Still not sure if that's what I have:( it's like a hunger pain right below your breastbone? Anyways, assuming that's what I'm experiencing, any tips from you all, besides the obvious -avoiding acidic foods, spicy foods, etc.? I tried tums but it just came back an hour later!!!

any tips appreciated! I thought I got rid of the nausea but it's creeping back alongside this crappy new symptom :( 

Re: Indigestion

• Options
    Cut the coffee, stay upright after eating, try smaller meals and more frequent. Greasy foods can be a trigger, and chocolate. I had really bad heartburn 2 weekends ago. I've had it before, but a long time ago. 

Try to figure out what triggers it for you, and go from there. If you don't want to eat something listen to your body.
  • Options
    So far I've been lucky that I mostly only get heartburn at night if I haven't left long enough between dinner and bedtime. Eating earlier and slightly smaller evening meals has really helped.  
    Unfortunately it's a very common symptom and is likely to get worse! :( I hope you can isolate your triggers and keep it to a minimum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    Eating a banana helps me sometimes.  You might try lying on your left side if it's before you go to bed. Walking around after a meal sometimes helps me , but it could just be a distraction. I hope you find some relief. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    @vintage girl @nellin-2 @kp214 thanks for the tips! I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't also accompanied by nausea and vomiting! I hate complaining so much bc I'm blessed with these two growing babies but I swear there's a new symptom every day!
  • Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    It's ok to complain. I had a friend remind me that just because it was more difficult to get pregnant doesn't mean we are less grateful when we complain about feeling bad. we don't have to be happy about feeling bad.  I hope you feel better soon. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    BornReadyBornReady member
    edited April 2017
    @mous-2 Ugh, sorry you are dealing with this. I took Tums for months and eventually ended up in the ER at 33 weeks from dehydration due to the daily vomiting caused by my heartburn. They basically told me the Tums were useless and probably made the problem worse. They put me on 150 mg. Zantac 2 x a day. While I wasn't totally thrilled about going on a med, it was necessary in my case. I tried every homeopathic, natural remedy etc. nothing seemed to work. My heartburn actually caused me to damage my esophagus (esophagitis), stopped me from being able to eat solid foods for a period of time and has changed my voice. 

ETA...I have read other people taking zypan as an alternative to traditional medications too, might be worth looking into/talking to your OB about as well.
  • Options
    I took pepcid twice a day on top of tums. It did the trick until I was 32 weeks with twins. My last week of pregnanct was miserable with heartburn. But I'm here to tell you 3 days post partum the heartburn went away immediately after birth (I was so relieved)

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Options

Home Remedies For Acid Reflux

You need to mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 2 tbs. of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. You should use a bigger cup to make this mixture, because it will fizz. Wait until the bubbling stops and then add 8 oz. water. You have to drink this remedy all at once. This mixture will neutralize the pH, it will help you relieve acid reflux and create and alkaline-forming environment in your body.
    You can also use baking soda to relieve heartburn and GERD symptoms. All you have to do is mix ½ tsp. baking soda with 16 oz. water.

I only heard about the above after my LO was born, so don't know if it works.

I used some fluids for my heartburn bought in the Netherlands as tablets didn't work. I almost had a straw in the bottle as I used it a lot.

Just make sure what you take doesn't effect (or is it affect?) your folate level. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I take Zantac at least once daily, sometimes twice depending on how bad my heart burn is that day. I also take tums in between the Zantac. I have yet to find "triggers" for my heart burn, except going too long without eating and that's unavoidable most of the time due to what I do for a living. 

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    Took a break for a while.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
    12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
    EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

• Options
    I'm currently taking Zantac 75 twice a day for prevention and it's really helping. I'm just nervous taking anything during pregnancy even when they say it's safe. I want to stop taking it to see if the heartburn comes back but I don't want to test that until I finish out this semester bc I'm a chicken lol. Do people really get heartburn when they don't eat for a while. I definitely think that's a trigger of mine as well but I just don't get It