Baby Names

B/G twins

Long time lurker here. I appreciate your honesty, so now here's my question.

I already have 2 DS Reed and Luke.

we are currently pregnant with twins and found out this week it's B/G.

Here is our narrowed down list. Opinions? 

Girl:
Olivia
Emily
Elizabeth
Caroline
Molly

Boy: 
Noah
Andrew
Nicholas
Maxwell 
Walter

I'm an atheist. Is Noah "too religious"? Luke's middle name is Andrew, should I take it off the list? 

Re: B/G twins

• My vote is Emily and Walter. 

I think they're all pretty good names though. Is Andrew a family name? If it's not I'd definitely scrap it since it's already used in the middle for another.

While Noah is a biblical name, I think it's use is common enough now that it wouldn't strike me as a "that family goes to church every Sunday and judges me for saying fuck in the grocery store" name.
  • I really like Emily and Maxwell or Olivia and Noah. I personally would not use a name that another child has for a middle name, and I agree that Noah is pretty common now, so I don't think people will automatically assume it's biblical. :-) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd go with Maxwell and Caroline 

ditto about Noah not feeling religious because it's so common.  And I wouldn't use Andrew if it's already a middle name. 
  • Emily & Noah
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I like Emily and Maxwell the best. My son is Nicholas so while I love that name I don't think it fits the best with your other sons names. I wouldn't use Andrew again.
  • Molly and Maxwell

caroline and Noah
  • Caroline and Nicholas
  • Caroline and Walter are my votes.

Maxwell and Olivia would be my runner up.

Don't use your other sons middle name as a first name on your other son.
  • I like Caroline and Maxwell best as a twin set. 

I wouldnt use Andrew if it's your other son's middle name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Molly and Walter are both awesome 
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Molly and Noah.   I don't think Noah is too biblical.   Luke is a biblical name also , I think?

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks ya'll. I'm glad you don't automatically assume Noah is a biblical reference. @sugarpixxie2 Luke is a biblical name as well,  but I don't think is as such a strong connection. I like older, more classic names. I thought Noah went well with Reed and Luke. All 4 letters, but each have their own sound. I'll scrap Andrew. 

I like the idea of Maxwell and Molly but I worry it might be too cutesy to have the same first letters in a twin set. 

Naming one kid is hard, two at the same time brings more 'rules'. I want them to go well together but not be too matchy. 
  • Thanks ya'll. I'm glad you don't automatically assume Noah is a biblical reference. @sugarpixxie2 Luke is a biblical name as well,  but I don't think is as such a strong connection. I like older, more classic names. I thought Noah went well with Reed and Luke. All 4 letters, but each have their own sound. I'll scrap Andrew. 

I like the idea of Maxwell and Molly but I worry it might be too cutesy to have the same first letters in a twin set. 

Naming one kid is hard, two at the same time brings more 'rules'. I want them to go well together but not be too matchy. 
    Personally, I wouldn't go for the same first letter. With Reed and Luke I like Walter (Walt) a lot! I also like Noah and Maxwell. You've already scratched Andrew and Nicholas is a fine name, but NMS. I think your girl list is awesome. Molly is my least favourite name, I find it a bit too nicknamey as a first name. I love Elizabeth because of all the nn options, but Emily, Olivia and Caroline are all great names.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would choose Molly and Noah. I don't think Noah is too religious. I like Maxwell too, but wouldn't use Molly and Maxwell together.
  • Olivia and Maxwell 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Caroline and maxwell!! All your names are solid but these are my favs. Well done! 
  • Also, my sister has my older sisters middle name. I like its sweet. It means a lot to them now as adults. And I wouldn't worry about biblical references. We aren't at all religious and have a Silas. Best of luck with the twins!!
  • I like all of the names except for Molly.  I agree that Andrew should probably get the boot (sounds like you did that already) but otherwise it's hard to go wrong here.  I wouldn't pair Noah with Olivia because I personally think it's matchy when the names end in the same way, though I know I'm overly picky with regards to that.  My immediate thought was Noah and Emily to go with Reed and Luke.  But any number of options would easily work.
  • I like all your choices, but Noah and either Molly or Emily works best with your current kid's names, IMO, since they're all short and sweet. 

• All good, but my fave is Elizabeth and Walter
  • You know my votes on the names! I definitely don't think Noah is "too biblical". I love that name ALOT!

I would scrap Andrew as well :)
  • Elizabeth and Nicholas
    Emily and Nicholas
  • and i think Noah is definitely VERY religious
  • cantrelljacantrellja member
    edited April 2017
    Yes, take Andrew off the list if you have already used it as a mn for someone else. And I wouldn't use Noah if I already have a Luke-- it leaves Reed out as the only non-biblical name. If it were me, I'd find another solid, one syllable name to go with the other boys names I already had. How about:

Neil
    Grant
    Knox
    Jude
    Tate
    Laird
    Hugh

All of your girls names are lovely