Pregnant after IF
Options

Fetal movement

So I'm 20w 2d with fraternal twins and I think I feel little flutters of movement infrequently, but no real movement. It worries me. When did you all feel your baby/babies??

TTC for 8 years.
Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
Took a break for a while.
January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

Re: Fetal movement

• Options
    I felt flutters at 16/17 weeks for about a week and a half but wasn't 100% on what I was feeling in the beginning. Then the flutters just stopped (creeped me out) but then I felt my son start to push and kick a little at 20-21 weeks (mildly) as the days went on, it got stronger.
    It took me longer to feel my daughter though.  He is so active though and has been from the start, she is way more calm. She also has an anterior placenta so that was why I couldn't feel her as much.
    I am now 27+4 weeks and I still feel him way more than I feel her, but she's been making up for lost time in the past two days (she is nonstop lately) 

You will start feeling them, don't worry! Ask your doctor where their placentas are, if they are anterior, it may take longer to feel them. 

Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    They are both posterior. I have ultrasounds at least every 3 weeks with my MFM and they move constantly during the ultrasounds. My last u/s was almost three weeks ago and in the week b/w it and my OB appt they had both flipped in the opposite direction. So I know they are moving, I just thought I would feel them more. Y now. I see them again this week. I'm just worried, probably for no reason.

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    Took a break for a while.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
    12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
    EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The worry is totally understandable! You will feel them. I've read that it could take as long as 24 weeks before you feel them. Everyone body is different! 

Before long they will be waking you in the middle of the night because they are kicking you so hard. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    I started feeling movement just after 20 weeks. When I had my 20 week anatomy scan she was jumping around but I couldn't feel anything.
    I kept thinking I felt a movement and then I'd fart! :) (sorry TMI but everything is moving around so gas doesn't feel like it normally would).
    You are most likely to feel movement when lying down, for me evenings are particularly active (maybe because that's when I sit down find relax) especially just after eating something sweet or spicy. I also find when I breathe slowly and deeply right into my belly that gets her moving.
    Hope you start feeling those reassuring movements soon! :)
  • Options
    I hardly felt my LO moving during pregnancy. The occasional flutter or slightly kick, but those were random. 
    I have had an anterior placenta though and at 27 weeks she positioned herself ready with head down and turned her back to my belly, so all movements where towards my back. Those I did not feel at all. Just her hiccups which she had daily.
    From that they on I got monitored a little more often and by 36 weeks every other day.
    Its scary not to feel them. I got shown how to 'hold' my LO, as when I 'held' her I could feel her move against my hands. 
    So this way I could 'check' for movements.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I'm expecting fraternal twins, also didn't feel them until 20+ weeks and I wasn't even sure it was a kick. I'm now 31 weeks and for the past 2-3 weeks the kicking has intensified though one more than the other.