June 2017 Moms

GTKY: Easter food Menu

For those who celebrate, what's on your menu for Easter?   I feel like my life revolves around food these days because I am hungry all the time.  If you celebrate something different, please feel free to share too!  

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: GTKY: Easter food Menu

• The hubby is gone. So we getting together with another family who happens to be my daughters best friend. There will only be 2 adults and 3 kids. We are going simple. Hot dogs and hamburgers! Some chips, veggie tray, and cupcakes. We are doing an egg hunt and then playing in the pool. Not a traditional dinner at all, but it will be too hot to really cook.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • My aunt and uncle are hosting and are doing Honey Baked Ham and eggs Benedict.  I'm bringing an asparagus, pea, and radish salad with a vinegarette and a Nothing Bundt Cakes copycat white chilcolate raspebrry bundt.  Why I volunteered to bring two dishes is beyond me.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are celebrating with my mom (my dad works out of town and won't be here for easter) on Saturday and she is making us spaghetti and little cakes shaped like eggs.  Sunday we are going to my MIL's she is making a ham and I am bringing Mac and cheese.  I am assuming she will have some type of veggie or salad and rolls and fruit.  I may also bring deviled eggs from our egg dying too.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• We are going to the in-laws. If it is like past years, I think ham, a bunch of sides and a cake in the shape of a bunny.
  • We aren't going anywhere. Our parents live in AZ and all other family in IL. My grandma is having some family over on Saturday but I have to babysit. She also invited us to a distant family member's house on Sunday but I declined. It's a bunch of distant relatives on my dad's side that I haven't seen since like middle school? I just don't feel like hanging out with people I barely know and answering a ton of annoying questions like where do you live? Where do you work? Plus pregnancy/baby related questions. Sorry Grandma! Maybe I'll make a ham and homemade mac n cheese and start a new Easter tradition! And obviously eat all the reeses eggs.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Going to my mom's. Honey baked ham, manicotti, and a spinach casserole thing she is trying. I am sure other things too. I am bringing mint brownies and chocolate chip coffee cake for dessert

• onaedonaed member
    My MIL is making catfish, candied yams, mac and cheese, and cabbage. I cannot wait to be in a food coma
  • @fsunole31, don't worry...my life ALWAYS revolves around food.  Always.

I'm actually not sure what our plans are.  If DH and I go to my parents place, then we'll be having ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans and potatoes, salads, pies, etc.  My mom goes NUTS with cooking.  

If we don't go to my parents house, then I'll like make something.  I'm in the mood for quiche lately, so I'll probably do a feta and spinach quiche.  Or another vegetarian option, maybe with asparagus.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• All of this...YUM.

• We are going to my mom's on Saturday. BBQ chicken sandwiches, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, bread, and cake and ice cream. And obviously candy! Normally we go to MIL's on Easter after church, but she's a nurse and is working this weekend. 
  • My parents are coming into town, and Mom decided to make everything.. so all I have to do is make sure my house is cleaned!  :)
    We're having ham, green beans, cheesy potatoes and I think she said something about manicotti as well. 
    I don't know if I'm more excited about all the food, or the fact that I don't have to make any of it! Lmao. I will however probably make some cookies or something for dessert.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited April 2017
    My SIL and BIL manage a few country clubs so we are going to one of them for brunch. It's a buffet, no complaints, will eat everything.

Someone on my mom's side usually does dinner but no one wanted to do it this year so we are going out. I'm kind of upset I'm not getting traditional Easter food this year! My DF suggested we host dinner for the 20 people going . LOL. 

• tjvantjvan member
    We're doing a brunch at my parents' country club. Give me all the waffles.