June 2016 Moms
Options

HDBD 4/12

let's see those adorable babies!!

Re: HDBD 4/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ethan turned 43 weeks yesterday!  He's doing a lot of "couch walking" so I don't think it'll be too long before he's walking on his own!  Here's a picture from the safari park (we tried out the poco backpack for the first time) and snack time with daddy (my husband's pouch is a protein one lol). 
    How did it go with the poco backpack? We are looking into something along those lines for camping/hiking.
  • Options
    Ethan turned 43 weeks yesterday!  He's doing a lot of "couch walking" so I don't think it'll be too long before he's walking on his own!  Here's a picture from the safari park (we tried out the poco backpack for the first time) and snack time with daddy (my husband's pouch is a protein one lol). 
    How did it go with the poco backpack? We are looking into something along those lines for camping/hiking.
    We really like it!  The sun shade is a must out here. Lol. My husband was the only wear to wear it (I'm afraid of tipping over haha) and said it's very comfortable.  Ethan weighs 24 pounds but he had no back or shoulder issues while we spent most of the day at the safari park. The only issue I saw was sleeping -- Ethan's head just bobs back and forth. So I used this infant neck pillow backwards so he could rest more comfortable. 
  • Options
    We really like it!  The sun shade is a must out here. Lol. My husband was the only wear to wear it (I'm afraid of tipping over haha) and said it's very comfortable.  Ethan weighs 24 pounds but he had no back or shoulder issues while we spent most of the day at the safari park. The only issue I saw was sleeping -- Ethan's head just bobs back and forth. So I used this infant neck pillow backwards so he could rest more comfortable. 
    Good to know and great idea about the pillow! I'll keep all of that in mind as we shop.
  • Options
    Tristan has officially made it past the worst of his teething and is back to taking his bottle.  I am trying to get him to eat more solid food, but feel like I have creative blocks when trying to decide what to make him.  I know lots of people feed their children what they are eating but we eat a lot of Southeast Asian fare that would be way too spicy for the little guy.  It is hard to leave it out too... So I am left trying to think of what else to make him.  His favorite is still scrambled eggs and noodles of any kind.  He loves to give kisses to his mama and papa and all of his little furry friends
  • Options
    @egirl1025 I cook with a lot of spices too and usually try to grab some of it before I finish seasoning. Same thing with salt. Last night I had curry beef with peas and sweet potatoes, so before I added the spices I snagged a bowl of it and finished cooking the potatoes in the microwave.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    Tristan has officially made it past the worst of his teething and is back to taking his bottle.  I am trying to get him to eat more solid food, but feel like I have creative blocks when trying to decide what to make him.  I know lots of people feed their children what they are eating but we eat a lot of Southeast Asian fare that would be way too spicy for the little guy.  It is hard to leave it out too... So I am left trying to think of what else to make him.  His favorite is still scrambled eggs and noodles of any kind.  He loves to give kisses to his mama and papa and all of his little furry friends
    This picture made me tear up because it reminded me of my 4 yr old when he was a baby. He starts kindergarten next year and it feels like he's growing up too fast.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    @egirl1025 I cook with a lot of spices too and usually try to grab some of it before I finish seasoning. Same thing with salt. Last night I had curry beef with peas and sweet potatoes, so before I added the spices I snagged a bowl of it and finished cooking the potatoes in the microwave.
    This sounds like a good alternative... Now I just need to convince my husband that he doesn't need to fry rice in chili oil.  When is it ok to give little ones more spicy foods?
  • Options
    egirl1025 said:
    This picture made me tear up because it reminded me of my 4 yr old when he was a baby. He starts kindergarten next year and it feels like he's growing up too fast.
    Aww... DH and I are still the parents that are so excited about finding out what kind of person our little guy is going to be we can't stop wishing for him to get a little bigger and a little older.  I will regret this some day.
  • Options
    Charlotte is 10 months and her personality is coming out more each week. She loves giving hugs and only wants to give the big slimy kisses on the lips. 
    She's standing all by herself! What a big girl!! Miles panics and and claws at my arms if I try to let go of his fingers while he's standing or walking around. I know he can stand on his own, I've seen him doing it, he just doesn't trust himself completely yet.

I have no new pictures of my baby this week to share. So sad
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018