November 2017 Moms

Sneak Peek Early Gender Test

Anyone else going to do a Sneak Peek blood test to find out the gender? I did it with my first baby at 9 weeks and it was correct, so now I am just waiting to hit the 9 week mark so I can do it again with this little one!

Re: Sneak Peek Early Gender Test

• edited March 2017
    I just read about this in Expecting Better - is this something you can just ask your doctor for if you want it?

ETA: I just realized this is something you buy and do on your own, nevermind!

• I had no idea a test existed so early. And now I really want it. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The reviews for it are pretty mixed - which they should be, since there's a 50/50 shot the company guesses right. It sounds fun to know early, but I'd rather wait and be 100% sure. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I think it sounds really cool but I don't want to spend the money and I think I'd have a hard time getting blood from myself! DH would be no help, he passes out at blood haha

• Ill have the genetic blood screening at 12 weeks which will reveal gender :smile:
  • I'm looking forward to do this test at 9-10weeks. Hopfully my insurance will cover the costs (>_<)
    4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2Dash2Dash member
    I've never of heard of this.  In Canada we have an U/S at 19-20 weeks and they tell you gender then if you want to know. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2Dash said:
    I've never of heard of this.  In Canada we have an U/S at 19-20 weeks and they tell you gender then if you want to know. 
    That's pretty common in the US too, unless you opt for genetic screening at 12 weeks, which can tell the sex too (depending on the tests done).

• I'm doing genetic testing at 11+5!! Just the blood test, not the amniotic one. My OB will cover part of the cost if insurance doesn't so the most I will have to pay is $99.99!
  • We are getting tge NIPTS test done at 14 weeks so will find out then. 
  • We will be getting the Harmony test done at 10 weeks because my nephew has DS with a Robertsonian translocation. It is 99% accurate and we can find out the sex of the baby then if we want. It is 100% covered by insurance for us. Not sure why people wouldn't wait a week for a more accurate test.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • We're planning on doing some sort of early genetic testing (blood test) because my husband works with sick babies and is freaked out. Added bonus would be finding out the sex but not our reason for doing it.
  •  @av2323 we are going team green! I didn't think I would feel so okay with it but I am excited about it now and actually *think* I won't hate the wait in finding out.
  • We're using a birth center so our only US of the entire pregnancy would be at 20 weeks. We got a great deal (Groupon! Lol) at an ultrasound place for a scan at 15 weeks so we'll find out then. Main reason is because I'm impatient and want to see the baby 5 weeks early, but also because my mom will be down that week and I'd like for her to be there. 
  • @heatherdubrow Is your H a doctor? Mine is too! 

• @kissthesky32 yes! Peds anesthesia!
  • How do you qualify for the early gentic test?
  • @Theavenzor Check with your insurance and ask your doc at your first appointment.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Yeah you can order right from their website, but both times I have just ordered from amazon. NOTE: Check your SPAM folder. My confirmation email went there!!!!
  • I find reading most of the reviews that a lot of times it is user error. Basically the test is searching your DNA sample for male DNA, so lets say you are having a girl, but your husbands DNA accidentally contaminated your sample, maybe his dead skin cells somehow came into contact, then your result would show male DNA. Also, i waited until about 11 weeks, just to be sure my sample would be STRONG.
  • @DuchessOfCambridge if you know anyone who is a nurse, they could come by and do it for you. That's what I did!

• How much blood does it need? Like more or less than a finger stick to check blood sugar? 

Last pregnancy we did a pee in a cup gender prediction kit and it was just for fun. But the company mentioned above has a money back guarentee. So they seem pretty confident.
  • Bringing this thread back. Anyone doing the Panorama testing? We just found out that we have met our insurance deductible for the year, so it will on cost us $136. It tests for a lot of possible abnormalities and will tell us gender. Just curious if anyone has done this testing before or is planning on doing it this time? 
  • @cmessamore I'm doing something similar to Panorama. It's the NIPT test by Counsyl, which I guess is just the test my doctor's office uses. My insurance approved it since I'm high risk. I don't know if I'll have to pay anything extra but I'll know soon when they text or call me.  
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cmessamore I am doing the Panorama as well (due to AMA).  I go this Thursday for the bloodwork and should have results within 1-2 weeks.  With my son, I did a CVS (back in 2011 before they had these blood tests), so this is a lot easier than that (no needle through the stomach, thank you very much).  I haven't called my insurance to see if covered or the cost, but will pay it no matter what.  Good luck with yours!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissMonroe11 I am having a CVS done because I am a carrier of a genetic condition. Would you mind sharing a little with me about your experience, either here or in PM? I'm a little nervous about what to expect.

• @adirat They either will go through the uterus or cervix, depending on the placement of baby. Mine was through uterus.  It really wasn't that bad - a little uncomfortable and mostly just felt pressure. The best part was that they had a huge almost movie screen on the ceiling so I could watch the whole thing and get a nice long peek at baby. They take cells from the placenta and not baby. I took it easy the rest of that day and the next and had a little cramping but was totally fine by day 2. Results took a week and they are definitive (diagnostic as opposed to screening) so that gave us peace of mind. Good luck to you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissMonroe11 Thank you so much. It's nice to hear it wasn't bad -- online there are so many horror stories though I know they are the exception. My condition is one that can be identified in cvs hence our decision to do it. Thanks again :)

• Bringing this thread back. Anyone doing the Panorama testing? We just found out that we have met our insurance deductible for the year, so it will on cost us $136. It tests for a lot of possible abnormalities and will tell us gender. Just curious if anyone has done this testing before or is planning on doing it this time? 
    I'm doing the version that Quest Labs uses (current insurance thing). I will do this at my 12 weeks visit. My S14 baby I did the brand Verifi and got the results a week later. I didn't opt to learn the sex, just wanted the genetic screening as I'm AMA. I wasn't sure at the time if I'd pay $100 or $1000 but the peace of mind was so worth it. In the end I just had a dr and lab copay. Whew! 
  • I wish I can do the test. My doctor office does the Qnatal brand...but I haven't met my deductible yet so the test would cost me $900 out of pocket. (my insurance covers it) 
    4 years TTC (Unexplained)
    2014: 3 IUIs Failed
    2014: IVF #1 succeed- Baby Boy Born 2015
    2017: IVF #2 Jan Cycle - BFP! EDD 11/2/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just did this today! The finger prick was soooo intimidating. Also it's not a 50/50 guess. As long as there is no user error it's 99% accurate and if it's wrong you get your money back :) 
  • I would like to add the finger prick wasn't bad. Once I got the courage and actually did it. It hardly hurt at all!
  • @casscassbaby which one did you do? A home kit? Did you order it online?
  • The NIPT genetic blood test will tell you the gender and I did mine last week at 10 weeks. I'm in Canada too.
  • I did the test last week!
  • I would like to add the finger prick wasn't bad. Once I got the courage and actually did it. It hardly hurt at all!
    Heck...I'm a diabetic...I prick my finger at least 4 times a day...  I might just have to get one of these...we're 10 weeks, and I'd love to have a head start on dreaming of nursery plans...lol  Will it be butterflies and things that sparkle, or rough and tumble super heroes for the win?
    me: 38 - dh: 37
    1st BFP: Aug. 18, 2014  -  MC: Sept. 30, 2014
    2nd BFP: July 4, 2015  -  MC: Aug. 18, 2015
    3rd BFP: March 7, 2016  -  MC: April 6, 2016
    4th BFP: October 6, 2016  -  MC: Nov. 24,  2016
    5th BFP: March 2, 2017  -  EDD Nov. 10, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • UNCGutoUNCGuto member
    Has anyone ordered the Sneak Peek test? We just got our results but I'm questioning the accuracy of them.