Infertility

Venting and not sure how to feel

Hi all, I just need to get my worries out. I had a monitoring US today (cd12). I have taken letrozole for 7 days. I had 2 follicles at 12 and 3 at 10. Now I am worried I am going to have too many and they are going to cancel everything for this month. I got back on Thursday so I guess I just have to wait it out (anxiously) until then. I also talked to my supervisor today and she noticed I had a lot of appointments lately (I have had one more than normal this cycle). She was just throwing out wondering if I needed some FLMA time. Now I am worried I am taking too much time off work! I'm pretty sure she was just saying it to be helpful, but it still kind of worries me. 

Re: Venting and not sure how to feel

• J1006J1006 member
    Have you considered telling your boss why you have been missing work?  I am a school librarian so when I miss I have to have coverage. I also will have my appointments the week after we get back from spring break. I didn't want my bosses thinking I was irresponsible scheduling appointments during work when I just had a whole week off. I told my assistant principal why I would need time off and I am so happy I did. She was very supportive and understanding.  She said to take as much time as I need. 

Im sure your boss was just trying let you know that you need to take care of you and that she is supportive of that. I feel like most people's mind wander to the worst outcome or possibility. Maybe let her know that every appointment you have is routine or a "minor procedure" so she doesn't worry. 
  • I told her when we started the fertility treatments about a year ago, so I have a feeling it just slipped her mind. Thank you @J1006 I know I have a tendency to let my mind wander to the worst, especially the last few days so this is just probably coming at a bad time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My boss said the same thing about FMLA and I'm just going to do it.  It is really just an HR deal and helpful since you have to be out for medical reasons.  I know it's worrisome but it's there for a reason.  Once you're pregnant, you can just keep the same claim.  Also, I had some 10s on CD12 a couple months ago and they absorbed and two became dominant.  I'm not saying you didn't overstimulate but my doctor said that happens all the time at that stage.  
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• mandasdmandasd member
    edited April 2017
    OMG you don't need FMLA! I agree with @Irisheyes81 it's just an HR move so that they can say they offered it! This is NOT legal advice, but I would say this: "I am undergoing a medical procedure. I appreciate you being flexible with some of my appointments and I will make sure to inform you of my upcoming appointments and will take paid time off for work I am missing." You can also mention that the procedure is for x weeks and x # of appts. They cannot force you to take FMLA, they cannot ask you what the procedure is, and it would be in very poor favor for them to deny you to use vacation time for medical appointments. My company pulled this sh*t and I got a note from my doctor excusing any absences (which technically was one day because I took PTO for my entire IVF cycle). BTW, my company are such a-holes I took my hard earned PTO to focus on my treatment and my boss still expected me to work, calling and emailing me to work on stuff! Then she had the audacity to ask for a doctor's note when I asked to extend my PTO one day because my retrieval was moved a day. I understand business needs to run but the business isn't going to run very well if their employees quit! After what my company put me through, I'm looking for a new job. 

Edit: if you want to take FLMA of course you can. But there is a week waiting period where you have to take vacation time and then the remaining days of FMLA are paid at 60% (in California). So you may only need 1-2 weeks of FMLA. If you have vacation days, just take those. If not then you have the option to start FMLA...
    Me: 37 / Hubs: 42
    TTC: April 2013
    DOR: AMH .3 - 1.31 (it varies); FSH: 5.1
    Clinic NMCSD
    IUI #1 July/Aug 2016
    IVF #1 Sep/Oct Microdose Lupron Protocol - IVF cancelled only 1 follicle
    IVF #2 Feb/Mar Antagonist protocol w/estrogen priming - 0 eggs retrieved (empty follicle syndrome) 
    Donor Egg Cycle as soon as we find a match