1st Trimester

No morning sickness at 7 weeks?

Hi All,

A short background on my pregnancy. It has taken us 7 years and countless fertility treatments to get here. So I have been waiting far too long to feel everything pregnancy related. Even morning sickness! However, for some reason, I seem to have none of it! My mum assures me it's normal and that some women are lucky to not have any sickness. My recent early pregnancy scan shows the baby is healthy and fine.

Is there anyone else  out there who didn't have any morning sickness throughout their pregnancy? As silly as it sounds, I was looking forward to morning sickness...

Re: No morning sickness at 7 weeks?

• I'm almost 10 weeks and I've had no morning sickness, very minimal symptoms overall.

I have some friends who didn't start having morning sickness until they were 12 weeks...so it could still be coming.

But not everyone gets it!
  • Yep; your mom is correct. Symptoms (or lack thereof) are not indicative of the health of your pregnancy.

With DS I had "morning sickness" (really, all day sickness) for 6 months. With this one, I had none. Enjoy the fact that you're not sick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not everyone gets morning sickness, and for some they may not get it until much later. That being said, I had it starting around 8 weeks until maybe 18 weeks or so. Then it came back every once in awhile during 3rd tri. Try to relax, and enjoy feeling well!
  • I have an almost 11 month old and never had any morning sickness. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my 3rd baby and I haven't had morning sickness with any of them :) some women just done get that symptom. I am mostly symptom free - just exhausted by the end of the day. With my other two the only other symptoms I got, and this was in the 3rd trimester, was heartburn. I know it can be hard, esp when you feel perfectly fine - it makes you think something isn't right. Just try to enjoy not getting morning sickness! :)
  • I was sick constantly until about 18 weeks with DD. I feel great this go-around (I am 10 weeks). Trust me, no morning sickness is way better than constant nausea. 
  • Never had morning sickness just felt tired in the afternoon, and halfway through started getting a lot of heartburn. Baby is now 9 months old. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I haven't had m/s with any of my pregnancies. I had significant nausea with DS (I needed to nibble or chew on something constantly) and my motion sickness typically get worse, but no actual vomiting and no consistent m/s. That said, I'm only 4 weeks this time so it could happen for me now that I've typed this haha!
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• It's easier said than done when you have struggled, but consider yourself lucky. At this point in your pregnancy, the only thing to truly worry about in regards to loss is bright red spotting accompanied by cramping. Enjoy the ride mama!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I didn't get morning sickness til week 8. I remember being at 7w5d and foolishly telling my husband "I think I'm going to be one of those women who doesn't get sick" then two days later I was throwing up everything I ate. I have a pretty mild case though, so I can't complain too much. 
    You could end up being lucky and skipping morning sickness altogether, or you could be like me and have it arrive a little later. Either way, congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!! :heart:
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi All,

A short background on my pregnancy. It has taken us 7 years and countless fertility treatments to get here. So I have been waiting far too long to feel everything pregnancy related. Even morning sickness! However, for some reason, I seem to have none of it! My mum assures me it's normal and that some women are lucky to not have any sickness. My recent early pregnancy scan shows the baby is healthy and fine.

Is there anyone else  out there who didn't have any morning sickness throughout their pregnancy? As silly as it sounds, I was looking forward to morning sickness...
    @mrsretrobee

Totally normal. My morning sickness didn't come right away and when it did it was just feeling nauseous for a little while in the morning - no vomiting though.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm a FTM and 8 weeks. I have had no morning sickness, maybe more tired in afternoon after I eat. I understand the worry because you don't feel anything. 
    I've just been happy that I feel OK and trying not to jinx it.
  • With my daughter, I had a bit of sickness if I ate certain foods but overall felt good. She's a healthy 3.5 year old. I get your feeling though as we had to do IVF after 2 years of trying to get pregnant again, and I have zero signs this time. Feel great. I'm anxious more this time and think it's "too good to be true" - ? It's so tough after battling to get here, your mind plays tricks and I analyze everything more. But you're here!! Try to enjoy it and before you know it you'll feel fluttering movements, it'll feel so much more real then :)
  • I am 10 weeks. I was fully expecting morning sickness since nausea is common for me when I am not pregnant. I have only experienced slight nausea, no morning sickness at all. Count yourself lucky? :)
  • I completely hear you. I've been trying to get pregnant for years too so now that I am I kind of want symptoms even if they're unpleasant lol. That being said when my sister was pregnant with her first (a girl) she had no symptoms almost the entire pregnancy. Later on she got a lot of heart burn but that was about it.
    When she was pregnant with her son she got a little nauseous every now and then, but nothing terrible either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • holli0801holli0801 member
    edited March 2017
    With DS I thought I had the flu. Literally a 48 hour thing and then completely fine... I was about 6 weeks I think... no problems after that
  • I am 7 weeks and I don't have any morning sickness either. I don't have sore breast or anything. At around 5 weeks I had dry lips and thats about it. I had a ultrasound at 6 weeks and it showed a healthy baby with a 163 fetal heartbeat. Don't worry we are just some of the lucky ones. My sister in law didnt have morning sickness either and she is 7 months 
  • I've been told that a lot of people get Morning sickness much later, so even though I don't have it either at 7 weeks, I've had nausea from time to time, so I am knocking on wood that things continue that way. 
  • I'm nearly 7 weeks and I haven't had any morning sickness either. Ive had some general food aversions/lack of appetite, but no real sickness or vomiting. I'm surprised because I usually have a very sensitive/weak stomach! Trying not to worry about the lack of ms (I know plenty of women have health pregnancies without morning sickness), but I will say it'd be more reassuring to have some clear symptoms now. First appt with doctor isn't for another 1.5 weeks! 
    For those of you who have morning sickness or had it in the past, did it come on quickly out of nowhere? Or was it a gradual onset?
  • I had zero morning sickness, no symptoms (except missed period) with my first and it was a normal, healthy pregnancy.  Symptoms won't determine the outcome of your pregnancy.  If you feel uncertain, a call to your nurses line could help calm your nerves. 
  • I am 8 weeks and haven't had morning sickness.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I do have other symptoms--just not nausea and morning sickness.  I did vomit once and had bad diarrhea around 6 weeks.  I think it was a stomach bug because that's the only time I've thrown up.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• I have had the same concern (also took me several years and IF treatment to get pregnant). I have had mild nausea a few times after taking my morning medication until after I eat breakfast, but otherwise nothing. I am about 8 and half weeks and the only notable/ongoing symptoms I have had so far are fatigue/sleeping more, really weird dreams, and sore breasts. I am also glad I am not the only one without this symptom! I thought I'd be getting sick on a daily basis by now, but I guess there's still time! :smile:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I didn't have morning sickness with any of my 4 babies.
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    It's comforting to read this thread, since my symptoms come and go. 

But I think that once you go through fertility treatments, it's hard not to worry. Just try to be in the moment, and breathe. 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• rissa06rissa06 member
    I didn't have morning sickness for any other my pg.  I am hoping the same for this one.  It will be ok.