July 2017 Moms

Weekend nightmare **TW**

fioripfiorip member
edited April 2017 in July 2017 Moms
So yesterday while at buy buy baby finishing my registry I started feeling light headed and had to sit down, my heart started raising so they called 911, got taken to the hospital where they've been running test to determine what's wrong with me because this is the second time that it has happened, first time was about three weeks ago and they kept me for about three hours and the tachycardia resolved on its own after fluid administration. 

*TW*

This is my fourth pregnancy in the last two years and I have no living children, I've had 1 first trimester and 2 second trimester losses at 22 and 17 weeks. So it's possible that I've been having anxiety and panic attacks. I'm currently 26.3 weeks and it's the farthest I've ever made it, still doctors wanted to make sure they were not missing any other underlaying condition. 

I was admitted for observation, they put me in the cardiac floor in a shared room but I was by myself. Today they brought in a lady coughing up and vomiting with oxygen, a nebulizer, and a beeping machine that was triggering my tachycardia again, I was feeling anxious so I called the doctor and asked when would I be able to go home. She proceeded to tell me that since it was Sunday after 5:00pm no cardiologist would be able to see me until tomorrow and if I left it would be against medical advise, that maybe she could move me to another room so I said I would prefer that since I couldn't stand my own machine beeping while in the ER and constantly asked the nurse to shut the beeping down because it stressed me out. 

Here's where the nightmare comes in, the lady next to me, an African American lady started screaming to me as loud as she could that I was nothing but a racist Hispanic bitch, that this was a f***ing hospital and that I'm an ignorant bitch, that maybe if she spoke Spanish I wouldn't be asking the doctor to move me but since she was black and sick I was discriminating her, that this is her f***ing country and she has to tolerate how a bitch like me treats her. To make matters worse, the man and the woman with her started laughing at me and incouraging this persons behavior and she kept on cussing me. 

I never said a word to her, my heart rate went from a controlled 102 to 160 and I just started crying. Crying because she couldn't be more insulting. First because I am a physician myself, I couldn't possibly be repulsed or bother by her vomiting next to me when I've had people vomit and pee ON me, secondly because I am black myself, if you see my profile picture you'd see my Afro hair and my dark skin, yes I'm Hispanic but that's not a race, it's an ethnicity, I was born and raised in a Spanish speaking island but I too have black ancestry in me, couldn't be further from a racist and this lady without knowing me or my history, my struggles with conceiving just went off on me, it's been a rough couple of years, I've lost three babies without medical explanation and I constantly fear I will lose this baby too. 

Anyways, I just needed to vent because I was so hurt and upset. Thankfully, after that hospital staff was super nice and moved me to another room with a sweet old lady next to me. 

*edited because I'm still a little shaken a misspelled 
I'm 29, husband is 30
Together since 2006
Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Re: Weekend nightmare **TW**

• Wow I am so sorry for this ordeal.  I'm glad they were able to move you to a better room.  I hope your heart rate stabilizes and you can be released soon.  I will keep you in my thoughts.  Hoping for your take home baby in July  <3
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited April 2017
    First of all, I'm so sorry you're going through these tachycardic episodes. I've had many myself triggered after a death in the family and pregnancy hormones plus anxiety make them so much worse. I've gone to the ER many times for them to all tell me it's a panic attack, though that doesn't make them any less terrifying. But sometimes knowing you've been checked out and they tell you ( presumably) everything is fine, helps! 
    Second of all, given your history I think it's a good idea to stay in the hospital to seek further testing but if it's going to set you off again that seems counterproductive. 
    Third of all, edit: so glad you were moved! I must have missed the last paragraph of your post!!

Lastly, again I'm so sorry you're going through this. But ultimately you are in the best place and you're doing the best you can to make sure you and your baby are healthy! Please update us as you can! Sending lots of prayers! 

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you went through that! Hopefully everything checks out and you will be on your way home in the morning!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @SpongeWorthy @nktrodden826 @GlitterFish
    thank you, I'm feeling much better now, I've had a headache since it happened but just asked for medication for it. Fingers crossed I can go home tomorrow. 

@ginger1228 thanks! I've been mostly lurking because of what I've gone through, I haven't been as involved as I was in my previous bmb, having to say goodbye before was prettty hard on me. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• @fiorip - that's understandable. I didn't think about it like that. I hope you'll at least keep us updated. I hope you can get some rest!
  • Wow that truly sounds horrible. I have tachycardia and have had issues both in and out of pregnancy and know how scary it can be. Hopefully it just increased blood flow making you a little off - that's what my cardiologist said. 

FX you get to see the cardiologist tomorrow and get home, at least you got away from that person. There are crazies everywhere but having them next to you in a health crisis is probably the worst. Don't let her get to you. Good thoughts for you and your LO!
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited April 2017
    I'm so ... so sorry you went through this.
    Praying you and baby stay healthy and happy! I hope you can stay calm... pamper yourself as much as you can! So glad you were able to move to another room... I can't believe this all happened to you! Just know when something goes down something even better happens aswell so just know that!  <3
    Lots of love and hugs for you and keep us updated and know you can always talk and share!!! 
  • Oh @fiorip I'm so so sorry for all you've gone through and what you went through today. I'm so glad they moved you but also that you're staying to get thoroughly checked out. Ts and Ps for good news and getting to go home tomorrow. Even more prayers for your take home baby this summer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry that you've had to deal with all of that. Hopefully you'll have a good rest of the night in your new room and I hope the cardiologist has good news for you tomorrow. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Omg I'm so sorry, what a horrible thing to go through. I hope you get the answers you need and baby is healthy and safe in there. 
    ❤❤

• I'm so sorry you had to go through that today, what a nightmare. I hope you're feeling better and that you are discharged from the hospital soon. 
  • I'm sorry you are going through this ordeal. I hope you get good news from the cardiologist tomorrow and can go home soon. 
  • Oh wow. So sorry for you to be having to go through all of this. Being stressed for the health of your baby is enough, you don't need someone being so being so unfoundedly hateful around as well. Glad you were moved. Sending you good vibes for the cardiologist consult today. 
  • What an ordeal. I'm sorry you had to deal with an awful person on top of a stressful situation. I get tachycardia occasionally too, and the period of time between when it started and when it was diagnosed to be no big deal for me was extremely stressful (and the stress of not knowing what was going on definitely made it worse). I hope they let you out soon and that you get some reassurance from the cardiologist. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nononormannononorman member
    edited April 2017
    Holy shit, what a horrible experience! I never understand how people can act (1) so f---ing mean/inconsiderate and (2) like they KNOW you and all your backstory. 

Im so so sorry and I'm sending you all the positive vibes. And I'm sending that nasty bitch all the bad vibes Bc I'm a bad person and I have no problem messing with my karma. Really hoping the cardiologist gives you good news and you can go home to less stress!
  • clioclio member
    I am so, so sorry that you had to go through this ordeal. My thoughts are with you and your little one!
  • edited April 2017
    I'm so sorry for everything you're going through. I hope you get good news today and answers. That person was just nasty. I hate when people automatically assume racism towards others without knowing anything. It was best for you not to say anything towards her. You know your hearts intentions were not geared towards her. 

Efited for grammer 
  • Sorry you went through that. I don't understand some people - I am sure you maybe feel the same way about that lady who went off on you for NO REASON.
    I always try to think "she's having a worse day than I am" but sometimes you really just can't excuse someone's behavior.
    In terms of what you experienced medically - I have been dealing with a similar issue throughout my pregnancy. I was referred to the cardiologist and wore a holter monitor for two days. It was clear something was going on (I have a leaky valve and premature contractions of the heart, apparently) but both are completely normal to pregnancy and I was told not to worry. It's just that some people feel it a lot more than others. I hope this is the case for you as well and that there isn't something more serious going on. I want to send you well wishes and hoping for the best. I know waiting for answers can be scary. Hang in there. Will be thinking of u.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's crazy that someone would behave like that.  I hope you can get things resolved and be back home soon and can continue to bake that little baby until your due date.  Take care of yourself and don't the ignorance of others affect you.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hope you are having a better day today and all the testing goes well.  Don't let that lady get under you skin and just keep doing what's best for you and the bean.  Don't feel bad about it for one second.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I'm sorry that you had to go through such an emotionally draining and horrid experience. I am trusting God that He will allow you to see a healthy pregnancy to term. May His will be fulfilled.  God Bless
  • MrsMinx said:
    I'm sorry that you had to go through such an emotionally draining and horrid experience. I am trusting God that He will allow you to see a healthy pregnancy to term. May His will be fulfilled.  God Bless
    Who you?
  • MrsLa3 said:
    MrsMinx said:
    I'm sorry that you had to go through such an emotionally draining and horrid experience. I am trusting God that He will allow you to see a healthy pregnancy to term. May His will be fulfilled.  God Bless
    Who you?

Perfect
  • @GlitterFish I knew there was a reason I liked you, other than the name.