Middle of the night anxiety — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Middle of the night anxiety

Hey ladies really need somewhere to vent and get some support or another view. 

Some background. My husband and I have been together since I was a senior in high school, about 11 years now and married for almost 4. We've been through our fair share of crap and always work it out. Neither of us would rather be anywhere or with anyone else. This is our first pregnancy, we're 23wks along. He's been incredible and supportive throughout the whole thing. Just as always we've been a team through it. 

Last night, while he was sleeping of course, I started having a massive anxiety attack about after the baby comes. For the last 11 years it's been him and me and our dogs. I know babies change things and we've worked so hard to get to where we're at. Recently bought our first home and we both have amazing jobs. We have been TTC  for about 2.5 years before the BFP and had stated to think it wasn't gonna happen. 

Now I find myself losing my mind over how our relationship will change with the arrival of our son in August. It's just been him and I for so long and now I realize just how much I'm going to miss that. Spending our weekends and nights after work tangled up together, playing video games and binge watching Netflix on the couch. Going camping spur of the moment and just sleeping in the back of our jeep. 

Obviously I wanted to talk to him about this, but between not wanting to wake him up after the incredibly long hours (65+) he's been working to save money for my maternity leave, plus redoing (everything all the way down to rewiring the lighting and outlets) what will be the nursery to him having to get ready to leave for work this morning, because of course this has kept me up all night,  I didn't have a chance to. 

I don't really know that anyone can help, I really just needed to vent and let it all out. As it has been for the last 11 years he knew something was wrong this morning, but also knew that if I didn't want to talk about it yet, I had my reasons and would when I was ready.

Re: Middle of the night anxiety

• I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying about how baby will change things. I've had a lot of anxiety about this and other issues and I'm only 15 weeks today. 

I think if you always work things out you'll be fine. Talk to him when you ready and together you'll figure out how to still be a couple but with baby too. 

Congratulations on conceiving!!