Baby Names

Macsen?

Hi! I have K.ilian T.homas and E.vangeline H.arper. We'd like to add a third, if we are to be so lucky. We have F.rancesca S.age picked out for a girl. Just came across M.acsen on Behind the Name, and I'm kind of liking it. I really love Maxwell, but my son has a good friend by that name. I'm thinking Macsen Ryan, Macsen  Michael (family name, if I decide I can live with the alliteration) or Macsen Kyper (family name). Thoughts on how it would complete the sibset, on middle names, and on the name in general? Thanks!

Re: Macsen?

• I really love your children's names and the name you have picked out for a little girl! Macsen doesn't really seem to fit in with the sib-set, in my opinion. 
  • Agree with PP. Macsen seems kind of trendy/made up

You can do better because you've done better with your other kids :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, the name Macsen looks like you took the first syllable from one name and the second syllable from another and mashed them together. Also, it doesn't flow well with your other kid's names, IMO. 

• How are you pronouncing this name?
    Mack-sen?
    Mason?
    Max-sen?
    I am not loving it. Your othe children have names that are clear on their pronounciation. Why give this one the struggle?

• I gotta agree with everyone else. It doesn't measure up to your other kids names.
  • My husband has a friend who named his son Maclin.. I think there are better options for you though!
  • Dislike sorry. Makes me think of Maximus which is a great name but like you were trying to get creative with it or something. If you like that sound I would stick with Maximus, Marcus, Mac, Maddox 
  • I'm with pps: no to Macsen. How about Malcolm? IMO Killian, Evangeline and Malcolm would make a great sibset!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not good on its own, and not good with your sibset.
  • Makes me think of Pacsun, the store
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Looks totally made up to me. Like you wanted Mason but had to be unique.
  • Thank you so much for the responses! And for the kind words. I have been pronouncing it Mac.sen. Not like Mason. We previously had Madoc chosen, if Eva had been a boy. Since then, my cousin named her son Maddox, so we nixed it. We are having a really hard time coming up with boy names. I feel like I know every name out there and don't *love* any of them. Suggestions, anyone?? Pretty please? Thanks! :)
  • I like just Mason and then there's Maxwell which is similar. Love Max!

Theodore 
    Henry
    Otto
    Jasper
    Luca
    Logan
    Samuel

DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • In one of my favourite books one of the main characters is Maxim (Maximilian if I remember) nn Max which I've always loved. That was before Maxim the magazine though
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • In one of my favourite books one of the main characters is Maxim (Maximilian if I remember) nn Max which I've always loved. That was before Maxim the magazine though
    Yes! I've long loved that name too, but the magazine ruined it for me. :(
  • edited April 2017
    I have always wanted to do Maksym for a boy's MN.  But it would be hard to get away with that one if you aren't Polish (I am, this was my grandfather's name).  But it's also derived from Maximus and sounds the same as Maxim without the magazine connotations. 

FWIW I don't dislike Macsen.  It's not made up, it's a masculine given name, it's traditional.  What's not to like?

Also, ETA - I don't think siblings names need to "match" or "go together".  The siblings will spend the majority of their lives living separately, living their own lives.