June 2017 Moms

High risk April check in

All are welcome - whether or not you have an official "high risk" designation, had one in the past and want to share support, or are just getting extra monitoring.

How far along are you?

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring?

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting?

Any questions / rants / raves?

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any?
Me 37, DH 40
BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
Mirena 10/14-5/16
BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17

Re: High risk April check in

• How far along are you? 28+4

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? AMA, and low PAPP-A

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Getting monthly growth scans to keep an eye out for IUGR - so far, baby boy is growing well.

Any questions / rants / raves? Rave: I feel like I "see" this baby so much more than with DD - my ob tends to take a quick look on u/s every visit, and the growth scans add another check. 

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? As of now, nothing - we took an all day baby care class with DD. Also looking into a sibling class for DD - our hospital offers them, and I need to follow up to find out when they're scheduled for. I also am debating if I need to take a hospital tour; I've already been to L&D triage, and go there for my growth scans so it's really just the maternity floor that I'd need to see.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • How far along are you? - EM is 29+6

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? - Placenta previa, though it appears to have started moving, and is now considered "low lying"...not sure if that means it's completely out of the way or not

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? - additional scans to check placement

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? - We're just taking a "post natal" class that will show some basic "how to care for a tiny human" skills. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Loading the player...

• How far along are you? 30+6

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? I was born with a heart defect and baby girl earned herself two more scans with a heart arrhythmia that was picked and concern for her size.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? I currently have two ultrasounds scheduled with high risk (a second fetal echo and a growth scan).

Any questions / rants / raves? Anxious to see her next Monday. I just want a second look at her heart and for everything to be fine. I've been very diligent with kick counts because those kicks bring my anxiety levels way down.

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? None this time. We did a hospital tour because L&D and MIU got a beautiful new facility between my son and this little one. My mom and husband will be taking infant/child CPR again (I am cpr recertified every two years for work). 
  • How far along are you? 29 + 1

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Previous ptl and son born at 33 seeks

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Weekly p 17 and bimonthly ob appts. Lots of extra ultrasounds and blood work

Any questions / rants / raves? Just s  getting a little more anxious as I nearing the point in this pregnancy when I had my son

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? None. I will do a hospital tour as we moved and I have never been in this hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you?
    31 w
    AMA, my Mom had congenital heart issues, and dx with Placenta Previa which just got downgraded to Marginal from Complete as of Friday! High-risk OB will do another scan at 36 weeks. Hoping he will discharge me back to my MW's care at that point.
    Additional U/S, had a fetal echo
    None today
    We are going back through our Hypnobabies materials over the next 6 weeks. Basically doing a self-study version of the class since I kept everything and we loved it last time. Wanted to take the water birth class offered by my MWs practice, but they're not offering one for the next two months. Boo!!

• How far along are you? 28 weeks

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? AMA, I have a blood disorder, and had a cord issue with DD the first time that ended in a scary delivery. DS has larger than normal kidneys and his cord is not in the right spot either so watching his cord.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Start weekly appt at 30 weeks, extra ultrasound on his kidneys, blood work more often

Any questions / rants / raves? Loving all his movement and I am getting super excited, but so freakin nervous about delivery after my first one.

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? None. Took them with DD. I did sign her up for the sibling class though.

• How far along are you?
    28 weeks
    In explained bleeding at 25 weeks.
    More BPPs/NSTs possibly starting a team my app that next week.
    Wishing my anxiety would improve
    I'm not taking any butt I want to take my DD to the sibling class.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• XathXath member
    How far along are you?
    27+2

History of pre-term delivery and neonatal death. Borderline GD diagnosis with this pregnancy.

Very little, apparently.  This is the most hands-off OB/MFM I've ever worked with.  I get a scan at each appointment but there's no increase in frequency.  Also no drugs this time around to prevent PTL.  I was skeptical at first, but *knock on wood* this is the farthest I've made it without going into PTL since my first pregnancy. 

I still don't feel that I have solid guidance on the GD diet or if/how often I should be checking my blood sugar. Hopefully I'll get more clarity at the next appointment.

None; I'll be having my 4th cesarean.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 30w

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Gestational diabetes, low hormone levels (can lead to a smaller baby or pre-e or both), how he was conceived (IUI w/ donor), hypertension, and he has fluid in his right kidney. 

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? OB visits every two weeks and a monthly growth check ultrasound. So far he's been right where he needs to be growth wise. 

Any questions / rants / raves? I'm late to the party over here. I didn't realize they considered me high risk until  my mom mentioned it at one of my appts and they told her she was right. Despite all of our issues I feel fine and he's growing like a weed. 

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? I took the breastfeeding class last night, hopefully I'll be taking the laboring naturally class at the end of the month (waiting for them to call & confirm my spot), and I start the childbirth preparation classes next month (3 monday's in a row). 
  • How far along are you?
    29+5

Cholestasis, borderline pre-e, history of preterm labor

Weekly bpp, biweekly bloodwork, and 2x a week nst

Who else is ready for 37 weeks?! I am!

None. Repeat csection scheduled for 37 weeks.
  • How far along are you?
    26 weeks, 3 days
    Gestational diabetes, hypertension, pre-eclamsia in first pregnancy
    Endo every week, growth ultrasounds and NSTs
    Not at the moment
    None this time... I feel pretty good about my knowledge on my health and babies health, nursing, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first time participating here...

How far along are you? 31+5

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? GD, borderline Polyhydraminos.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Weekly BPPs, growth scans.

Any questions / rants / raves? Nada

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? None, I actually have never taken classes for any of my children.
  • @c1tym0m22 I believe they said it's low PAPP-A. They found it during my 12w blood work. I seem to be getting the pre-e/hypertension side of it. At my last ultrasound they said he weighed around 3.4lbs. I have an OB appt today and am going to go over how to keep this pre-e stuff from getting worse and my chances for a natural delivery. 
  • @beckij34 Yes, I was warned about pre-e too - I hope your ob has a good plan for managing it for you! (And your little guy is breech too, right?) Let us know how it goes!

@Stankonia2014 Welcome - and hoping that your borderline status doesn't change for the worse!

@EmeraldNC Hope you're hanging in there overall!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @c1tym0m22 glad to hear your growth scan was good. I'm doing OK. I have vacation next week so I plan on doing a bunch of baby prep then. I'm hoping that if I get all the prep done I will feel less anxious. The next 12 weeks need to fly by. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• XathXath member
    @c1tym0m22 I'm going to ask if we can at our next appointment (2 weeks).  My mom wants to come out and we need time to arrange travel etc.

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks tomorrow

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? I'm a type 2 diabetic.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Endo appointments every 2 weeks with meter drop off weekly from the start.  Biophysical profiles weekly from starting tomorrow from here on out.  The positive of all of this is seeing the baby more often and not having to take the awful glucose test.

GTKY: What types of birth classes are you taking, if any? this is our 3rd, so just going with the flow.  Once baby boy or girl gets here I will be attending breastfeeding support group weekly.
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Appointment update - it went better than I expected. I've gained 4lbs but he's not worried since Ezra is getting ready to pack on the pounds himself. I'm still measuring big but it's due to how he's positioned and all the health issues that have popped up. He said if Ezra was measuring big himself then he'd be more concerned about it. Ezra is in the 65% for growth, right where he should be. The fluid in his right kidney has stayed the same since my ultrasound in February. My blood pressure was normal and no sugar/protein in my urine. I'm pleased with how my appointment went and that everything for the moment is settling down. I go next monday to meet with the dietician for my GD diagnosis. I'll have another ultrasound the beginning of May to recheck his growth and kidney. As far as the swelling he said to keep wearing the compression socks as much as possible, elevate my feet as much as I can, watch my salt intake, and drink more water. 
  • @beckij34 That's all great news!

@AvidVertigo How did your BPP go?

Happy Friday, all!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16

• How far along are you? 
    29 weeks 3 days

Previous preterm labor and delivery at 32 weeks

Weekly pregesterone injections 

Not sure yet I might look into something from the hospital. I didn't take any with my first since he came the week I was suppose to attend the classes. I feel ok heading into birth either way but more education def couldnt hurt.